5.05.2014

Spring Fashion Forecast


It's that time of the year again. The snow has melted and the sun is shining brightly. The temperatures are rising, and April showers have nurtured May's blooming flowers. Spring has arrived in all of it's wondrous glory. 

When this time of the year rolls around, I can't help but get excited....for many reasons. One thing I look forward to is freshening up my wardrobe! Spring is the perfect time to stash away the bulky Winter sweaters and wool coats, and bring out the bright, happy clothes that will transition you into the warmer months. 

When deciding what to wear, I like to take cues from the fashion runways. There are many ways to use high fashion as inspiration without spending lots of money. New York Fashion Week featured many wearable trends for spring. Here are a few of my favorites:

1) Pretty Pastels
Clothing can be found in a beautiful array of rainbow colors, and soft springtime shades are right on trend! You can choose the most flattering pastel for your skin tone and wear it in the silhouette that flatters your body shape. Whether you wear high waisted jeans in a lovely lilac, or a tunic top in an airy aqua shade, this is one Spring trend that is very easy to achieve.

2) Wide Leg Pants
Wide leg pants come in a variety of different styles, from denim jeans to trousers. Since they are easy to wear and very chic, billowy wild legs made a big showing on the spring runways. The wide leg trend can be worn by women of any shape and size, not just six-foot-tall supermodels. I'm not very tall, so I prefer my wide leg pants to to be a bit leaner on the flare, and high waisted. This time of year, slouchy knit palazzo pants are a favorite of mine. I found the cutest pair at rue21, in a perfect tribal chevron print. They have already become my spring style staple!

3) Boxy Tops
Boxy, shift blouses are almost like a dressy version of a t-shirt. They are simple to wear, but much more sophisticated. With a sleeve falling near the elbow, and a boxy silhouette, the look is both versatile and flattering for almost every shape! I especially love that these tops come in so many different varieties, from patterned prints to embellished solids.

4) Floral Prints
I know what you are thinking: Florals for spring? I admit that it's definitely not a groundbreaking revelation, but there is something to be said for this perennial trend. When warm weather hits, it's perfectly refreshing to shed the winter clothes, and throw on pretty, bright florals! I like to keep it light and airy by choosing a simple solid dress paired with a cute pair of floral printed leggings and some walkable wedges. Easy, breezy and so very doable. 

Happy Spring! Enjoy this season....fashion is in the forecast for every personality!

(image via)

1 comment:

Lula said...

Lots of ideas! I am still overweight so I am not buying anything until I lose (although I did buy something the other day... oops)