5.13.2014

Break a Sweat in Style

Summer is just around the corner! So many of us are trying to get fit for all the upcoming warm weather activities! From hiking in the hills to a run in the neighborhood, now is the perfect time to take advantage of mild temperatures and get into shape!

In the past, I have been the one to hit the gym in baggy t-shirts and sweat pants. There wasn't really a rhyme or reason to my workout attire choices....maybe I wore those things because I didn't really feel comfortable working out around people that are clearly in better shape than me. Perhaps I wore those clothes because it was just easy to do? You obviously don't have to put much thought into big tees and comfy pants.

After years of exercising, I never enjoyed it. I used to go to the gym to use the treadmill and take cardio classes. I was bored, so I tried changing up my routine by doing fitness dvd's at home and walking outdoors. It never clicked for me. I just didn't feel good about myself, and therefore, didn't get inspired when working out. Then, one evening before a yoga class, I got myself some new workout apparel. I went to my class, and felt different! I instantly felt better about myself, by simply shedding the big, roomy sweats, and wearing something that made me look good and feel proud! 

There are so many stylish workout clothing options that can boost your self esteem when exercising. One of my favorite places to purchase cute fitness clothing is at Sweaty Betty. They have it all, from yoga clothes to tennis apparel and everything in between.

Here are a few of my favorite Sweaty Betty workout clothes:

Chandrasana Yoga Leggings
I never fail to get compliments on these awesome yoga pants. I love the unique graphic print, and the soft, comfortable feel of the fabric. The cut is perfect, and I especially love the fit of the waistband.

Itchenor Tank
This long length tank is super soft, breathable, lightweight, and perfect for layering. It's my go-to yoga tank! It's perfectly comfortable, but with the double crossover straps and elegant drape, it looks so stylish! 

Ultra Run Bra
I am not a runner, by any means, but whenever I work out, I need a sports bra that offers maximum support. Sweaty Betty's Ultra Run Bra is by far a favorite of mine. This bra is designed for high impact activities, and features compression panels, padded shoulder straps, and mesh panels that give added ventilation. 

The next time you hit up the gym, ditch the baggy sweats and do it in style! In your cute workout clothes you will have more self confidence, and in return, you will enjoy becoming a healthier you!

5 comments:

yours truly, melissa said...

These outfits are the cutest! Can't wait to get back in shape after baby #2 is born at the end of the summer.

Hope you are enjoying your newest family member and getting lots of help and rest!

Natasha Solae said...

AW congrats on the new baby! I have for the past few months have really been into fitness and eating clean! I guess when you join that side of the world, you all of a sudden get into "workout fashion." Haha! Thanks for sharing!


xo, N
www.natashasolae.com

Mr. YMCA said...

Oh how nice to see you have found a place to get new gym clothes after i just found out we are still members at the Y. May be one day I will find my way back.

HAHA LOVE YOU!!!!

carbon 38 said...

These are amazing outfits. Currently, searching for best work out leggings for my daily exercise and yoga. Thinking to buy from an online store. Have never purchased them online till now so feeling little confused and nervous.

C Madden said...

All the outfits are looking good. Black Formal Dress can make any girl/women more attractive