8.13.2013

The Gorgeous Feeling of Teetering into the Unknown

New Orleans - Day 5
1
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 5
New Orleans - Day 6
New Orleans - Day 6
New Orleans - Day 6

It was the last day of our beautiful stay in the Crescent City.
Checklists had been checked.
Sights had been seen.

We had a whole afternoon to just
do, taste, smell, be
whatever.

Sometimes those are the best days.

We bought matching bracelets for me and Hudson on St. Ann Street,
before ambling into the dreamiest little cafe,
and eating a delicious lunch under the shade of big umbrellas and weeping trees.

We rode the ferry to Algiers,
getting the loveliest view of New Orleans from across the great Mississippi River,
before taking one last stroll through pretty Jackson Square.

We ate dinner at a classic spot,
leaving just as the rain slowed to a drip,
so that we could find Hudson a special set of Mardi Gras beads.
He wanted the biggest ones they had.
I think we found them.

Our time in New Orleans was so special,
and full of memories that we won't ever forget.
We love you NOLA.

6 comments:

Brittany | Life of a Bama Girl said...

Okay so after looking at all of your New Orleans pictures I am so anxious to go back. I did not get to see hardly anything while I was there. Definitely going to make a list so I don't miss anything!

js said...

Ashley, your photography is gorgeous. I know I say that on every blog but it just gets better! Those pictures of you and Hudson and Will and Hudson are adorable. Sweet, sweet family.

misc.alaina said...

These photos are amazing! New Orleans looks so magical and it is evident how much fun you guys had! You are such a beauty, even as a tourist! I always look like at hot mess on vacation, haha! Now I just have to convince my husband to get on a plane to New Orleans!!

Cindy P said...

I love this Ashley! This day looks like it would be my favorite of all the days you guys did if it was my trip. :) So nice and special! What a great last day of vacation.

Cajun Gator said...

What a great trip. We had good food and great times. I hope we can get back down there one day. I really think it made a mark on Hudson. He is all the time telling me. Thats like in New Orleans.

LOVE YOU AND MORE GREAT PICTURES SWOOPIE

P.S. Need a Blog on "D"

Sandy Joe said...

Oh wow, I want to go to New Orleans so bad! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

x The Pretty Secrets