8.19.2013

First Day of Pre-K

Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K
Hudson's 1st Day of Pre-K

Today Hudson started Pre-K!
He will be going to school on three days a week,
and he has been absolutely ecstatic about it!

I went to wake him up this morning, and found him snuggling his turtle "stuffy".
He had just opened his eyes, and as soon as he saw me, he said "Is it school day?"

We took the obligatory first day photos on the front porch,
then off we went to school. As we walked in, Hudson lagged a little behind me.
When I asked him to hurry up, I heard him say, 
"Wait Mama! Look!"
He had picked a little purple flower for me.

We held hands all the way to the classroom,
and when we got there,
he walked right in and said hello to his teacher.
When we met her at orientation last week,
she had mentioned that the kids should be on the lookout for 
dead bugs that they could bring to school to put on a bug board.
Well, right after he said hello, Hudson went right into a long
explanation about the bug he saw in the yard yesterday:
"I actually forgot to bring a bug. I saw one
yesterday. It was a bug. It may have been an ant.
Or it may have been a wasp! Wasps are not nice bugs.
But butterflies are nice. I didn't bring the bug because he
was crawling. He wasn't dead yet."

As I was leaving, the teacher had the kids sit in "Circle Time",
and she assigned Hudson the giraffe to sit on. 
Giraffes are his favorite animal, so that was great for him.
He spotted his little friend Camden,
and told the teacher, "I know him. He was in my three year old class. Last year...."
I snuck out as he was telling the teacher all about Camden.
He didn't even mind that I was leaving,
he was too busy talking to wave goodbye.

My little boy is so very loving
and enthusiastic. 
He's going to enjoy Pre-K, I just know it. 

4 comments:

Cindy P said...

Aw! I'm glad that he had a good first day. I know it must have been hard for you to leave him but at least it's only three days a week for now!

justicepirate.com said...

awww! He looked so cute on his first day of school!!!
That is so interesting about the bug board! I saw a pretty butterfly wing with a friend the other day. She kept it. hehe.
That is so cool that he got to sit on a giraffe seat!! That is amazing how you were able to sneak out as you did! Yey Hudson!

~ Kelly Ann ♥ said...

Hudson looks so darn cute- Hope he had a wonderful 1st day!
My baby girl just started Pre-school!
Where does the time go??

http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/

Class Clown said...

I am so proud of our little BIG Man. He was so excited about going to school. Hudson don't you worry me and you are going to hunt down some really cool bugs for you to take to school. Great pictures Swoop.

LOVE YOU!!!