7.29.2013

Review: Staples HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer

Thanks to the wonderful people at Staples, I was generously offered an HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer to test and review....I know, that is REALLY awesome right? This offer was especially great for me, because, since we moved to our new house I have been essentially without a printer. My old (huge) 3-in-1 printer bit the dust a while back, and I had been muddling along without a home device.
If you read my blog, you know that I take a LOT of photos, and when I don't have a way to print those photos at home, I have to have them printed. And that gets really expensive, really quick. Not to mention, it's so inconvenient! So, when this HP beauty showed up at my door, I was absolutely over the moon.

Staples Review

I immediately unpacked my new printer, with great ease, I must say. It was so lightweight and compact! It was sleek and quite lovely for a printer...you know, something you wouldn't mind displaying in your home office! And more importantly, I had it out of the box, and completely up and running in less than thirty minutes. That was a very big deal. You see, I'm a mom of a three year old. And whenever moms of three year olds have anything mildly important to do, things tend to get a tad hectic. As expected, my little guy was running circles around me during the setup process, talking and singing and giggling...even tickling me at one point. And do you know what? The installation process was so simple, I didn't even get stressed out! After removing the protective paper, I literally plugged in the printer, and the digital touchscreen walked me right through the setup. I especially liked that the screen showed animations of certain steps, like how exactly to install the ink cartridges. That animation was so helpful....and a pretty foolproof way to avoid incorrect installation!

Staples Review

I could not wait to test out the printer! I quickly realized that I could easily create, among other things,  coloring pages and activities directly from the printer's touchscreen! Before I could snap my fingers, I had a super cute Bubble Guppies Connect the Dot coloring sheet for my little boy. He was ecstatic, and I was getting pretty excited too, because I realized that the Apps on my touchscreen could be customized and used for TONS of different printouts....even coupons. You can have coupons ready to print on the day you plan to grocery shop! Is that great, or what? Say sayonara to clipping those things, and hello to EASY! (Did I mention I received an Easy Button along with my printer? Staples isn't joking....every thing about the printer was so user friendly, I couldn't help but tap that button to hear the man's voice say, "That was easy", while thinking to myself, "Why yes, sir, it sure was!") Anyways, there are literally hundreds of apps to choose from, including coupons.com, LA Times Daily Crossword, stamps.com, education.com, and so many more.

Staples Review

Hudson gives this printer two thumbs up!

Staples Review

After I quickly got myself acquainted with the bells and whistles of the printer, I dove right into a project that has been looming.....creating Hudson's 4th Birthday Invitations. I knew that I needed to print some photos for the cards, so I was ready to put this HP Photosmart printer to the test.

 Staples Review

The ease! The quickness! The high print resolution! The photos really looked like professional quality! I was beyond thrilled. This printer enabled me to EASILY complete a project that I had honestly been dreading. I couldn't ask for a better product for home photo printing.

Staples Review

There is so much more about this printer that I have learned (and loved!) since I received it. When I am at home, I print wirelessly from my laptop computer. And when I'm NOT at home, I can print, too! With the HP 6520, you can set up an email address through HP eprint center and print to your home printer from any location, by way of your phone or iPad! I honestly had no idea that anyone even made printers with this capability.

Staples Review

Some other things I like? The printer has the capability to automatically print and copy on both sides of a single page, which helps you to save paper. The scanner function allows you to scan work to your computer or email. And, built in memory card slots allow you to simply walk up to the printer and print.

Staples Review

I have had no problems with my printer, and have been pleasantly surprised at its wide range of capabilities. If I was rating it, I would definitely give it a 5 out of 5. With "Back to School" time just around the corner, I know that I will get even more use out of this amazing product. I love my HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer!

Happy Hudson

**Full disclosure: Staples provided me with this item for review. The thoughts and opinions expressed are strictly my own. Feel free to shop their entire line of printers online.

10 comments:

Mr. Easy said...

Was this a gift to you or me. I mean all I can think about is printing bill going way down. HAHA Anyway I have yet to use it but it sure does seem nice and it seems like it will help make your days that much easier.

I like the easy button.

LOVE YOU!!!

Jeannie said...

I have an older HP printer and I have enjoyed using it but I would love to have one of these. It looks so nice in your new home office. Hudson seems to be enjoying the printouts!!

Jess said...

Wow! I am going to look into this printer for myself! I've been needing one...especially because, like you said, back to school time is near.

jasmine said...


Thanks for sharing...


123 HP Ps6520 Printer Support

juwai said...

Thanx for the blog.

123 HP PS 6520 Setup - 123.hp.com/ps6520

lithu said...

Thanx for the sharing.

123.hp.com/setup 6520 | 123 HP ps6520

Jose said...

Great blog! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the information are well written.
123HPEnvy OfficeJet3830 Support

jahathsio said...

Thanks for the site.

HP PS6520 Driver Setup & Help – 123.hp.com

rajeshkanna yadhavan said...



Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u.

123 HP Printer Setup - 123.hp.com

rosemary said...

A very interesting article. The insights are really helpful and informative. Thanks for posting.


123 HP Officejet Pro 8613 Setup