3.13.2013

Boy: noise with dirt on it.

Visit with Easton & Pamela
Visit with Easton & Pamela
Visit with Easton & Pamela
Visit with Easton & Pamela
Easton's Visit
Easton's Visit
Easton's Visit
Easton's Visit
Easton's Visit

My dear friend Pamela and her little boy Easton came for a visit. They recently moved to Mississippi, and we sure have missed them. When they came, our house wasn't finished yet, but after a long lunch at a favorite Mexican restaurant, we decided to head over there. Before we knew it, the afternoon had slipped by, and Pamela and I sat in the warm sun, talking for hours, while our sweet boys played together. 

At the time, our yard was made up of piles of gravel and that infamous Alabama red clay, and Easton and Hudson wasted no time getting dirty. They would climb the little rock piles and slide down the other side, laughing all the way. There's one year between them, and I loved watching Hudson as he looked out for Easton. At one point, Hudson reached out and held Easton's hand, steadying him as he walked his way up a precarious pile. It was THE sweetest thing. Those little guys climbed and shuffled around the yard, shared their toys perfectly (no small feat for little ones!), and pretended to be their favorite characters from Max and Ruby (their favorite tv show), until darkness fell and we all moved inside to properly break in the empty playroom. Cuteness overload.

I'm so thankful for special friends like Pamela. I think that it will be such fun to watch our boys grow up....I hope they'll always enjoy each other, just like they do now.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Ashley!

I missed your last post, I think because I was out of town. I love it. Love the pictures as usual.

Ashley, I think about you all of time. I know you must be so busy with the house. How is it all going? Are you close? I'm so excited for you. When I see you have posted I get so excited!! I too love good friends. They make our lives so much more worth living!! Miss you Ashley!

Take great care,

Shauna xo

Alabama Red Clay said...

Cute post Swoop, it looks like Hudson and Easton had a big time. That does look like so much fun playing on that rock pile that has finally moved away from our front yard. Oh but that Alabama red clay is still hanging around but wow the inside is looking great.

LOVE YOU!!!

justicepirate.com said...

It is so much fun to watch little boys playing together!!! I'm so happy to see and learn about Hudson's friend!!!
+Victoria+