3.12.2013

Sweet Spring Beginnings


Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings
Spring Beginnings

sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for spring
time is love time and
viva sweet love 
--E.E. Cummings

Finally.
The beginnings of Spring are here, 
after the longest winter.
Although, don't all winters seem that way?
They seem to drag on and on,
and, unfortunately, my mood gets darker and darker
as the days go by.
But here it is,
that inevitable glorious time,
when the world sleepily awakes,
turns over a new (pretty green) leaf,
and says HELLO sunshine!

Thank goodness you're here Spring.
I've never needed you more.

Saturday was just warm enough to go outside and not shiver.
So, we took tremendous advantage of the warmth,
ventured downtown and shared a Polynesian pizza at the cutest little pizzeria.
We sat outside on the sidewalk,
which was especially nice, because our sweet dog got to join us.
After pizza we had gelato,
and needless to say,
it was "molto delizioso"!

We strolled down the sidewalks,
past pretty old storefront facades,
historical landmarks (did you know Tallulah Bankhead was born right here, in Huntsville, Alabama?),
and smiling faces....
all the way to the "big park", as Hudson calls it. 
It's his favorite place:
with large open spaces, a big pond, a red bridge, a fountain,
ducks, geese, and lots of fish,
our boy is in heaven. 
(and I am, too. It's been one of my favorite places for as long as I can remember.)

We had a big bag of bread to feed the little pond friends,
and Hudson enjoyed snacking on bites between tossing it in the water.
We tried to launch our bread to the fuzzy ducks,
but most of the time it fell right in the mouths of those big, greedy fish.
Some of those things are as long as Hudson....
and to be honest, they really gross me out.
I already have a little bit of an issue with fish.
Okay, I'm kind of scared of them.
They're all slimy and icky and I think if they touched my skin I'd just fall in the water and die.
YUCK.
But they're fine to watch from a safe distance. 
And they make Hudson smile...
so that icky feeling is totally worth it.

By the time the sun started going down,
we were tired and happy.
And that was a great way to end our day.
Spring, I'm so happy you're (almost) here.
--eight days and counting-- 
Things can only get better & better.

17 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful photos! Love that you don't have to bundle up...we had spring like weather this past weekend, but today the snow came back...boo..hope this will be the last time for the season!
xxx

Sarah said...

Amen, we are so thankful for spring too. I've totally had an extra spring (not pun intended lol) in my step because of the nicer weather. Glad you guys are enjoying it too. I love family outing pictures =)

Cindy P said...

Woo! I love spring and am SO excited for it to officially be here. We had a bit of a tease this past weekend, but for the foreseeable forecast, it's not going to get below 48 degrees (during the day)! That's still chilly, but most of the days the high is in the 50's!

I LOVE gelato. Ever since I was in Prague in '06 and had some, I have been on the lookout for it everywhere. I've had it a few times in the states, but it's never quite as good as in Europe!

Also, I was looking at the pictures and I thought to myself, "Is Hudson eating the bread instead of feeding it to the ducks?" lol Thanks for answering my question in your text. =) It looks like a beautiful day and I'm glad you guys had a good time!!

rachel said...

oh Hudson, you have my heart.

my friend, we survived another one. winter is the pits, isn't it? really. it should be against the law. every year i am convinced THIS will be the year that spring never comes. how depressing is that thought? but thankfully, every year so far, i've been wrong!

glorious!

Shauna said...

Lovely photos as usual. So good to see your family in action. You are all so sweet. I love pizza so much, I made it last night. A plain cheese and a hawaiin. It was so good. Miss you Ashley, I hope everything is going really well. Love to you,

Shauna xoxoxox

Pizza Eater said...

This was a beautiful day. I really enjoyed the pizza and Kota enjoyed the few bites that Hudson gave her. It was fun to watch Hudson walk Kota. He was so proud of his dog as he walked past all the little kids playing on the sidewalk. He would say her name is Kota as they would run up and ask if they could pat her. Then off to the park where Hudson ate as much bread as he feed the fish and ducks. It was also funny when Hudson and I were at the waters edge with Kota and she decided to take a drink of water. As she was taking a slurp a fish I guess thought her tounge was a piece of food. Spring, I am glad you are almost. I am ready for some outside family fun.

LOVE YOU!!!

Meri said...

I love the ducks!

misc.alaina said...

Such great photos, and Hudson is a handsome guy. That is a lovely downtown, and that park is pretty amazing. I am also grossed out by live fish (large or small), but I love to eat fish! Weird! We are so ready for Spring around here, too!

justicepirate.com said...

He has grown SO much and has become such a big handsome little guy!! aw. I love the shots. I never heard of Polynesian pizza! Looks good (and I'm not a fan of pizza).
+Victoria+

Courtney B said...

LOVE these pictures!! I just really want to come hangout with ya'll so badly!
And this winter DID seem extremely long! It was so hard to be stuck inside with a newborn because of the negative degrees! I can't wait to play outside with Mia!

Ashley Eliza said...

I feel the exact same way. I always feel so gloomy by the end of winter and the past few weeks here in Utah we have got a little glimpse of spring and the warmth of the sun! I suddenly feel like a new person and happier :) Funny how the sun can do that. Your family is so cute I just want to jump in these pictures and go on your day out with you! Happy Spring girl! xo

Amy @ Heart to Shutter said...

What a beautiful day! He looks like such a little man in these shots! Such a cutie!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh such cute picture and I especially like the one of your two guys and the dog together. So adorable!

kyna... said...

As usual...AMAZING pictures!
♥ Kyna

Raven said...

He is getting so biiiiiiiigg!!!! Adorable as ever. And I like things to an extreme...either super hot or super cold. I don't really care for the in-between seasons like spring and fall, but your pictures are still gorgeous!

~ Kelly Ann ♥ said...

That's the best place for pizza in HSV-
I use to work right by Big Spring Park--

Great pics--

http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/

Janette said...

Friend! Come back to blogging! Miss your photography! And your pretty face and outfits that rock my retinas regularly! Haha!