1.30.2013

Blessed.

Bath Time

You are the trip I did not take
You are the pearls I could not buy
You are my blue Italian lake
You are my piece of foreign sky.

You are my Honolulu moon
You are the book I did not write
You are my heart's unuttered tune
You are a candle in my night.

You are the flower beneath the snow
In my dark sky a bit of blue
Answering disappointment's blow
With "I am happy! I have you!"

--Anne Campbell
---------------------------------------------------------------
Even in the deepest throes of cabin fever,
I am still very much aware of just how lucky I am.

13 comments:

Kira said...

A great reminder. I'm feeling a bit of cabin fever too. Can it be summer now?

Devon Riesenberg said...

Awww...what a beautiful reminder of the treasure that is motherhood. Thanks for sharing :)

Devon Riesenberg said...

Awww...what a beautiful reminder of the treasure that is motherhood. Thanks for sharing :)

Shay said...

That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! And the picture is perfect.

Ashley Eliza said...

you always have the perfect poems and thoughts. they just make me happy!! hope you're surviving winter!

xo

misc.alaina said...

So sweet!

Shauna said...

I'm sorry for the cabin fever for sure. I know it's got to be hard living in that cold and harsh weather. I am sending warm rays your way straight from the sunny state itself, California. Love you and miss you,

Shauna xoxoxoxo

Sierra said...

And that hair is worth it all, too :)
xoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

Ana said...

What a sweet poem!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh how sweet!!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Great poem swoop. I don't know how you do it but you always find the best pomes and quotes. They seem to fit just perfect to your post. Cute picture of Hudson with his Umpa Lumpa hair do.

LOVE YOU!!!

kyna... said...

What a great reminder! I definitely needed to read that after a long weekend with my crabby little one!
♥ Kyna

Meri said...

This is too sweet! We used to call these "cone heads"