1.07.2013

A little celebration.

West Side Story

Saturday was my birthday.
We celebrated.

West Side Story
West Side Story
West Side Story
West Side Story

----Sharks & Jets----
On Friday, Will took me to see West Side Story.
We haven't been out on a date night in awhile,
so getting all dressed up and enjoying a night out
was a perfect way to start the weekend.

Ashley's Birthday Brunch
Ashley's Birthday Brunch
Ashley's Birthday Brunch
Ashley's Birthday Brunch

----Beignets & Mimosas----
On Saturday morning,
we went to one of our favorite places for
a yummy birthday brunch,
followed by a walk to the pet store
(Hudson's favorite)
so that he could visit the kitty cats.

Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner

----Scenes from an Italian Restaurant----
We had a wonderful italian dinner feast
on Saturday night.
I always enjoy the atmosphere of this little restaurant...
almost as much as I enjoy the food.

Ashley's Birthday Brunch
Ashley's Birthday Brunch
Ashley's Birthday Brunch
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner
Ashley's Birthday Dinner

----Eat More Cake----
Instead of buying a cake this year,
my mom and I decided to make one.
It was white cake with chocolate filling,
and vanilla buttercream frosting
dyed green at Hudson's request.
Mom added sugar circles,
and I did the fondant balls
and miniature fondant me.
Hudson loved helping me make a wish
and blow out the candles.
The cake was was delicious.

This was a great birthday....
I am certainly thankful for
my family that always makes
my birthday extra special.

20 comments:

Brittany @ Life of a Bama Girl said...

Happy late birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful one! Your cake is so cute! Looks delicious!

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday and you look gorgeous and happy! Happy belated birthday! xo

la petite lulu said...

Happy (belated) birthday! Looked like a perfect way to celebrate :) The green cake is cute!

Cindy P said...

Oh I'm so glad you had such a great birthday weekend! It's so fun when a birthday falls on a weekend! I'm glad your family made celebrating so special!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Happy late birthday! That win for you last night was a good present I bet.

Kira said...

Glad you had a great birthday! Sounds like lots of good food. That's my favorite way to celebrate too :)

Jennifer Blair said...

Happy birthday!!! What a fun night!

Shauna Klippel said...

Ashley, my sweet friend!! I've missed so much as I've been unplugged for the holidays. Sorry about the sicknesses, we got it too. I have been sick for awhile, just lingering ya know?

The house!!!!!!! Wow!!!!! Congratulations, my dear. This is a great blessing. I love what you said about the Lord and his timing. Very true. My son, is so sad he doesn't get to live in the "wild" like you. He read the post and he talks all the time about wanting to move to a house with land. My kids want to be able to fun free.

I also wanted to say that, Hudson's Christmas prayer was precious. Thank you for baby Jesus, it doesn't get any cuter, precious.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your outfit, you look stunning and I can't wait to see pictures of your new house. I love it all. I am so happy for you all!!!! You are wonderful. Take great care,

Shauna xoxoxoxxoxox

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

What a wonderful birthday! You look so lovely! And a play is always my favorite gift. The birthday cake is so cute! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

kyna... said...

You look so beautiful! Happy belated birthday!
♥ Kyna

justicepirate.com said...

I am a bit behind but I hope you had a blessed birthday!!! Yey!!!
+Victoria+

Ashley Eliza said...

glad you had a fabulous birthday ash! birthdays really are the best. okay and im obsessed with your outfit... love love love. you need to teach me your ways.

xoxo

misc.alaina said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to you!! Looks like you were wonderfully celebrated, and I love all of your photos!!

Altax said...

Looks great!!! Happy belated birthday wishes.

Kids Games

A Birthday Singer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. I hope you had a wonderful Birthday weekend. It is always fun when we get to get out and have a fun little date night. I am looking forward to the next one. Your Breakfast Brunch was good as always and I am so glad you found the ottoman you wanted. Dinner with your parents was good but man I ate to much. I saved just enough to eat the birthday cake yall made. It was really good and you did a great job with the mini you.

LOVE YOU AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Meri said...

Happy Birthday- you look fantastic! And nice job with that cake!

Cara-Mia said...

Happy belated birthday! I love West Side Story! A great birthday date!

Chrissy said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like it was an awesome one! xxx

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh it looks like you had an awesome birthday!! That cake sounds and looks delicious!

Alexandra Marie said...

Great shots! Following <3 Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com