12.06.2012

Deck the Halls

Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012
Christmas Tree 2012

On the second day of Christmas.....
we decorated the most lovely tree.

We are "real" tree people. 
I love the tradition we have of going and picking out the perfect tree,
loading it in the truck bed or tying it on top of the car,
and precariously shuffling it into the house.

I even love attempting to get the tree upright in the stand.
Will gets frustrated, Hudson tries to help,
and I just get in the way...
but in the end,
it (usually) stands straight and proud.

Opening the boxes of ornaments never fails to get me excited.
There is a special story behind each and every one,
and I can't help but reminisce as the pretty decorations
make their way onto the beautiful branches.

After the decorating is done, 
we always pop in our holiday favorite,
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation,
and relax and laugh by the beautiful glow of our tree.

Our Christmas tree is:
twinkle lights and a sparkly star,
lots of memories, family, and love,
and the anticipation of a very magical season.

Hello December
and 
WELCOME
to the most wonderful time of the year.

12 comments:

la petite lulu said...

Your tree is gorgeous! That rocking horse ornament brought back memories - I had something very similar as a kid. I love how each ornament has it's own meaning - same in our house, it makes opening the box of decorations each year especially exciting as we remember the story behind each one :)

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Yes! Love this. We always had a real tree growing up too, and there's just something so special about it. The sentimental ornaments are so sweet too.. that's something that we didn't start with Cruz, but I still want to! Is it too late? Hmm, maybe we'll just buy an ornament for last year and give both to him this year.. he'll never know, right? ;)
And your leopard leggings are so rad. LOVE!
xo

justicepirate.com said...

I haven't seen that movie in so so long. I remember it well though. Your tree skirt is so pretty.

Clark Beadle said...

This has to be one of my favorite times of the year. Family and friends seem to find away to take more time out of everyones busy days. I love how we all go and pick out just the perfect tree. It was fun this year seeing some of your childhood ornaments. It was fun watching as Hudson decorated the tree and tried to hang all the ornaments in one spot.

Merry Christmas!!!

erica[goodjobmomma] said...

am loving all the ornaments!! what a great family tradition to go and pick the tree and decorate it. we've never had a real tree before, i really would love one some day. i bet it smells amazing too! so fun. i hope you had a great thankgiving and have a great time getting ready for christmas! :)

Cara-Mia said...

Your tree looks great! Love your ornaments. We watched Christmas Vacation last weekend. Such a good movie. :)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

We are real tree people too! I mean...a fake one to me is just sad ha. Love the tree you got and you all look so happy and beautiful!

Chrissy said...

We always have a real tree! I just love the smell of it! Your tree is beautiful and all those colorful ornaments! AH, Christmas vacation - such a classic! Love it! xxx

Cindy P said...

What a great tradition! I'm glad you guys had a good time decorating the tree. =) We don't do live trees, mainly because of the "horror" stories we've heard. I would have one but I think Collin is wary of it. I did grow up with a live tree until my mom got tired of cleaning up the needles and always watering it...

We still haven't put our ornaments up on our tree yet. We've been too afraid Seabass will destroy them. He's climbed into the tree numerous times. And we've caught him chewing on the lights. =/

Ashley said...

Your tree is awesome! I love all of the fun ornaments from Christmas movies... and one of our favorite things to do this time of year is watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation too. Where did you ever get those neat ornaments?

Opening up the boxes of ornaments is always fun for those reasons you mentioned... it's very fun to reminisce memories from Christmases past. (:

Haley K said...

What a beautiful post with such sweet pictures...I love traditions. :) We've turned into "real tree people" too! But I wish I could say our ornaments had treasured memories and meanings to them...I love Christmas trees decorated in stories. :) I need to start collecting...

I'm sure your family is soaking up that colorful, Christmas tree glow!

rachel said...

oh Ashley!!!! i love these pictures. and your tree is just beautiful <3 <3