12.10.2012

Buddy the Elf (on the shelf)

Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf
One of our favorite Christmas traditions is Elf on the Shelf.
We welcomed "Buddy" the elf into our family in 2010,
and his arrival each year brings so much happiness.

This year, Santa sent Buddy to our front door on Thanksgiving night.
Hudson couldn't believe his eyes...his very own elf!
I'm not sure that he remembered him from last year,
but he was so anxious to learn all about why Buddy was here.

We went straight to the den, 
and read him the story of the Elf on the Shelf.
Hudson took in every word...
he understands:
that Buddy is magical,
that he's sent from Santa to watch over Hudson,
and above all, 
he knows he's never EVER supposed to touch the elf,
because if he did, Buddy would lose his magic, 
and would then be unable to fly around the house while 
Hudson is sleeping. 

Buddy is the highlight of every morning.
Hudson can't wait to look around the house and find him.
He's been quite a few crazy places,
and we even caught him getting into some mischief...

Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf

So far, Buddy the elf has given Santa a wonderful report about Hudson.
Last week, we even received a letter from the big guy himself,
saying that Hudson had made the "NICE" list this year.

Letter from Santa
Letter from Santa

Whew.
Christmas morning is going to be pretty special. 
Until then,
we can't wait to see where else Buddy pops up.

Elf on the Shelf

12 comments:

Carlie said...

Such a fun tradition with a cute little elf!

Bon Bon said...

so so so cute! I can't wait to do this next Christmas:-) xoxo

yours truly, melissa said...

So fun! Looking forward to family traditions with our little girl on the way :)

Ashley said...

I love this! The Elf on the Shelf is something we would love to share with our (future) children. I bet that little elf gets into all sorts of mischief... and it's so good to see that Hudson made the nice list. (:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

What a great idea about the letter declaring him "nice"! I can't wait to do this with my kids someday.

Haley K said...

Look at Hudson in those cute Santa jamas!! :) I can only imagine how much he soaks up the excitement if finding your Elf. :) Love the photos of you two reading the book...can't wait to do the same with Brooks and Ava next year.

And it doesn't surprise me one bit Hudson made Santa's nice list. What a sweet letter from the big man himself!

Mimi said...

Wow! I'm such a sap! I got all teary just now thinking about all we have to look forward to with our baby boy in the Christmases to come . I love how creative you got:)

rachel said...

did you show that last picture to Hudson?? oh my goodness, all I can picture is him totally freaking out knowing that his elf was that close to him while he was sleeping!!! xox

bUDDY tHe ELF said...

This is such a magical time of year. I am really enjoying watching Hudson seeing Santa, Looking for Buddy. He just lights up when he sees them.

Merry Christmas, LOVE YOU!!!

meghan said...

oh how cute!! I want a child so I can do elf on the shelf. Maybe I'll just start doing it with Tim this year? Maybe he'll find some humor in it or will play along? :) I hope Hudson enjoys it. I know it must be so much fun!

Cate said...

I love that he was so excited about buddy! This is something we most defiantly will have to do!

Shauna said...

I missed some posts? You're like a posting machine all of a sudden! I love it!!!! This post is the best!!! I love that last picture. It's precious. Ashley, I think about you often. I love seeing your family in action. You are a wonderful mother. I hope you are getting all of your preparations in order, it looks like you are really enjoying the holiday spirit. Take great care,

Shauna xoxoxxoxoo