10.10.2012

Producing Smiles Daily.

"Mama, what is this 'fing? Was this yours when you was a little girl?"
I've been helping my mom clean out my parents' storage room. We've been through boxes and boxes of
things that were mine when I was a kid. Hudson loves looking through my old stuff. One particular box held a treasure trove of items he loved....my vintage Fisher Price Barn, a ton of marbles, and my Raggedy Ann wig, a product of a pretty fabulous 1980's Halloween costume my mom created for me.

"Cake Cake Cake! I love CAKE!"
While we were out running errands, Hudson made up a song about cake. He sang it allllllll afternoon. There was no question that making a cake when we got home was a must. He helped me make the most delicious chocolate cake with chocolate icing and fresh strawberries on top. I wonder where he got that sweet tooth?

"I need to take a little break. I need to read the newspaper."
In the middle of playing together on the porch, Hudson spotted a crumpled paper from the day before sitting in a chair. The next thing I knew, he had crawled on the stool, opened it up and started "reading". So studious.

"Hold on a minute. I need to try on a hat."
We were out shopping, and Hudson felt the need to peruse the hat section. I can't blame him...trying on hats is fun, and sometimes irresistible. 

"Sssssh. There's a spider under the table."
We're already in quite the Halloween spirit around here! Hudson ran across his costume from last year. Although it's a bit small, he loves prancing around the house as a sweet, furry spider.

22 comments:

Ana said...

"I need to take a little break" LOL

Too funny!

erica[goodjobmomma] said...

all around so stinking cute!

kids say that greatest things. :)

Mariel Torres said...

Isn't Hudson the cutest little spider EVER?!?!
Going through my parents' toys from way back was definitely a highlight for me when i was growing up. then it evolved to going through my mamma's clothes when i was a bit older (and still today). too much fun!

misc.alaina said...

Such a funny boy! Love that ragedy ann wig!!

Smiley said...

Well well well I have heard some of those little sayings around someplace. Great pictures and quotes Swoop. Now that was some goooooooooood cake and bring on the Halloween spirit.

LOVE YOU!!!

Kira said...

What a hilarious boy! Also...cake totally deserves a good song.

Gentri said...

He is so ridiculously adorable. It kind of hurts my heart!

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

I love that he needed to try on a hat! Having a son like him will teach you to appreciate and take time for the little things in life. Such a fun age!! xoxo

Haley K said...

How awesome that your parents kept so many things from your childhood...I'm sure the boxes you went through were filled to the brims with memories. :) And how sweet that Hudson is loving it! That Raggedy Ann wig is priceless ;)

You come over for ebelskivers and I'll come to your place for some chocolate cake. Deal? :) (by the way, I think you'd LOVE ebelskivers! you have to buy a special pan, but it's totally worth it.:)

What a cute little guy in that handsome hat...on that smart head! Love that he took a break to catch up on some news ;)

And yay for Halloween costumes! He is the more adorable spider I ever did see! :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Hudson is just too precious! Love the newspaper shot...an intellectual:-)

Everythings Always Sunny said...

so amazing, you posts always make me so happy.

http://everythingsalwayssunny.blogspot.com

kristin
xx

justicepirate.com said...

He's so sweet. I adore reading these!
+Victoria+

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Although I am deathly afraid of spiders, I will make an exception for that sweet, sweet Hudson of yours.

rachel said...

i love him. and i die every time he says " 'fing" It seriously plucks at my heart strings. I was just thinking about his spider costume...I can't wait to see what he's going to be this year!!!!

also, i owe you an email. or, like, 6...i know. i just have so much to talk to you about that tackling it is seeming very overwhelming...

xo

brittany said...

he is the darn cutest thing ever. i love that first photo!

Shauna said...

Ashley, Ashley, just when I think you can't do a cuter post, you do. Oh my this is maybe my top five of your posts. It's just so well done with the quotes the professional like pictures and the vintage look they have. I love all of the quotes mixed in. I use to write down all of the kids cute sayings and these days I can barely remember their names... :)

Take great care friend,

Shauna

Kai Mercado said...

He just keeps getting cuter and cuter....


Make sure you get a chance to go see my new blog design today :) I am pretty excited about it. (sorry for being that blogger, I just wanted to brag lol)

http://allkindsofcomplicated.blogspot.com/

Andrea {Yesterday's Tomorrow} said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I love the one liners, such a personality! Have a great day :)

xoxo andrea
www.yesterdaystomorrowblog.com

Raven said...

I love you. I miss you. And my blogger husband little man :)

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

It is amazing how he gets more adorable with every post! That wig is so cute.

Courtney B said...

I love Hudson!! He is so precious :)
And now I'm craving a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and fresh strawberries. YUM!!

I have a confession... I always scroll through your comments to find Will's :) He always leaves you the sweetest, most creative comments! Love your little family SO much, ha ha!

Judy said...

Cleaning out your stuff from your parents home with a kid in tow is always a fun time! My Lil'B constantly says, "Momma itty bitty toy?" Translation: "This was your when you were an itty bitty baby?" :) Children are too sweet!