10.23.2012

I'm growing up.


(after pulling a flower from a house plant)
Hudson: "Look Mama!"
Me: "Where did you get that?"
Hudson: "It's from the garden!"

(looking at my leather boots)
Hudson: "Can I try these on for size?"

(eating chicken wings with Daddy)
Hudson: (taking a bite) "It's hot!!"
Will: "It's got hot sauce on it."
Hudson: "I don't want hot sauce. I want cold sauce!"

(Hudson was coughing in the car after leaving a friend's birthday party)
Me: "Are you ok?"
Hudson: "I'm fine....I think I just did a little too much running."

(watching a school bus outside the window)
Hudson: "A school bus!! Is it coming to pick me up?"
Me: "No, Hudson, you're too little!"
Hudson: "I know. But, I can go to school! I'm growing up!"

(waking up one morning, after I let him sleep in the bed with me, he snuggled very close to my face)
Hudson: "I love you so much, Mama. I love being close to you."

(at McDonald's, Hudson noticed that the girl working at the window was wearing a coat)
Hudson: "Is she wearing a coat!? Why is she wearing a coat, Mama?"
Me: "I guess she's cold."
(the girl comes back to the window)
Hudson: (yelling from the back seat) "ARE YOU COLD!????"

(handing me a cookie)
Hudson: "You only need one oreo, Mama. These have too much sugar."

(telling me to come in his room)
Hudson: "Get up off of that 'fing!"

(every time I tell him that he needs to wash his hands)
Hudson: What did I do, Mama?

(out of the blue, while riding in the car)
Hudson: "I want to CHANGE the WORLD!"

-----------------------------
I have no doubt you will change the world, 
my sweet, amazing boy.

25 comments:

bethani said...

kids say the darndest things. i always enjoy reading about hudson's little quirky quips he comes up with.

i can only hope that benjamin has this kind of personality & whit.

Kira said...

Haha, "can I try these on for size?" What a funny little guy. I'm sure you are laughing all day long.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

So sweet! I love keeping a record of things like this.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

I just love the things he says! Tell him to hang on to that amazing ambition!

Shauna said...

What a great picture. Kids are the best, truly, they keep us humble that's for sure. He is growing up, into such a sweet boy.

Love
Shauna xoxoxoxo

Chrissy said...

Aw, this is such a sweet post! So cute! I love the 'I want to change the world' part - such a smart boy!

I always wrote down everything my daughter Leonie said, and still does, in a journal I will keep to give her one day! xxx

Gentri said...

He is my favorite little boy in the blogosphere.

Amanda said...

These posts make my heart feel full! It's little ones like Hudson that remind me how wonderful it is just to be alive!

Courtney B said...

"I love you so much mama...." Melt my heart!! I can't wait to hear those words from my baby!!

misc.alaina said...

Such a funny boy! Get up off that 'fing - hilarious!!

Judy said...

Sweet, sweet little man!

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness, he just has the most darling heart.

justicepirate.com said...

Hudson has the coolest answers for everything!!!
+Victoria+

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

"get up offa that 'fing" reminds me of James Brown. Now I'm doing a little dance at my desk. Thanks Hudson!

Ashley said...

Awww the comment on wanting to change the world... kills me! How innocent and adorable is he?!

The cold sauce comment had me laughing too. (:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh these are all so sweet! I think it is awesome that you are writing all of these down so you will always remember them and Hudson can enjoy them when he is older. My favorite is when he told you how much he loves you!

Meri said...

haha- uhoh, now that he knows about sugar you'll have to watch yourself :) he would have a LOT to say about my sugar intake hehe.

kyna... said...

Awe...so cute to hear what Hudson has to say!! :-)
♥ Kyna

Sara Shoemaker said...

:) from the mouths of babes! cute. cute.



Shabby Apple Giveaway @ The House of Shoes

Ionela said...


I love your blog! This post is awesome!
Check out my blog, write your opinion and maybe...follow?
Where are you from?
I made a page of my blog on Facebook. If you want to be updated about the last post on my blog, like it!
Here is the address: http://www.facebook.com/ThisIsWhatICallFashion
Thank you in advance!
xoxoxo

rachel said...

these are my favorite posts of all!!!
i know i say it every time, but he is sweet as sugar, just like his momma.....

Mrs. Biscuit said...

Oh Ashley, I love this!

I think perhaps my favorite posts you do are the ones when you keep and then post all of the sweet things Hudson says!

He's so clever, sweet and well spoken. The sweet little words still sound like the adorable ramblings of a little guy, but wow, he's definitely growing up!

You've got quite the little man on your hands. He's going to do amazing things for the world, I'm certain of it!

<3 <3 <3
Mr.Biscuit

Haley K said...

Oh that boy surrounded by those gorgeous, glowing leaves. LOVE IT. :)

And I adore these posts about Hudson's little sayings...keep 'em coming! A few of my favorites:
- "Can I try these on for size?"
- cold sauce!! ;)
- "I love being close to you." <3
- "ARE YOU COLD??!!" teehee! what a thoughtful little guy!

And you're right Ash, he WILL change the world! He already put a smile on my face. :)

Shay said...

"I love being close to you..."

And my heart is in a puddle. Love that.

Patricia Ayuso said...

so sweet!!! i follow you now ;)
i would love to follow me back because love your blog!!
kisses
http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com