9.26.2012

Currently: September 2012


L o v i n g : New nail polish colors! There are so many pretty fall shades out. My favorites are: Essie Skirting the Issue, Sally Hansen Good to Grape, and Essie Don't Sweater It.

R e a d i n g : I just started Once Upon A Secret (My Hidden Affair with JFK) by Mimi Alford, after a recommendation by a friend. It's an intriguing read, but a sad story at the same time. It's about a young girl who grew up carrying a dark and ugly secret...that she was used at the whim of the most powerful man in America.

W a t c h i n g : How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory have season premieres this week...my two favorite comedies!

A n t i c i p a t i n g : Halloween! I can't wait to see Hudson in his costume, and I love all the treats and goodies that come along with the haunted holiday! And, it's just about time for me to pull out my DVD of Hocus Pocus. Yes!

L i s t e n i n g  t o : I am currently obsessed with Bonnie & Clyde by Lulu Gainsbourg, featuring Scarlett Johansson. Such an awesome song.

P l a n n i n g : a visit to Nashville this weekend! We'll be going to Milky Way Farms to support AGAPE Nashville and the awesome fundraiser they are having: Bella Rustica Vintage Barn Marketplace. Some of the very best vintage dealers in the south will be there, plus lots of beautiful handmade goods, clothing and jewelryAND we'll be seeing the Secret Sisters perform there on Sunday! Are any of you Southern ladies planning to attend? Go here to find out more about Bella Rustica!

W o r k i n g  o n : choosing paint colors for our new house. Is there anything more stressful? So many choices!

W i s h i n g : the temperatures would stay in the mild 70's for all of Fall. BUT it's Alabama and that's never going to happen.

What are you currently
loving/reading/watching/anticipating/listening to/planning/working on/wishing?

HERE is what I was into in August.

13 comments:

Marjorie said...

love essie's nail colors!

Kyla said...

Beautiful photo! I'm also loving the Essie colors :) And I'm excited about Halloween too...Hocus Pocus is one of my go-to movies in October.

A September Dude said...

Cute post Swoop,

Loving: YOU!!!

Reading: YOUR BLOG

Watching: Alabama Football and the shows you listed.

Anticipating: Our House being compleated.

Listining: Radio

Planning: Tomorrow

Working On: Dimming System for our house.

Wishing: Our house was done but that 70 degree stuff sounds great to.

LOVE YOU!!!




Haley K said...

Cheers to fun nail colors! I love Skirting the Issue :)

I've heard great things about both of those shows, I'll have to check them out! My favorite shows this year are "Go On" (Matthew Perry is perfect in it!:) and "Parenthood"...and I can't wait for "Modern Family" to start tonight. :)

That fundraiser sounds incredible! If you get some fun vintage pieces, do share in a post! :)

And good luck with painting! Exterior or interior, or both? Definitely stressful, but so exciting!

Hoping you get those mild temps!

xo

Ashley said...

That book sounds awesome!!! I have to check it out.

Meri said...

busy busy- that's the way I like things too. Have fun on your trip to Nashville!

Ashley said...

I really need some new nail polish colors... but I did just unearth one from my collection that I haven't worn in a while.

I'm sure you'll choose beautiful paint colors for your home.... and if you don't like them, you can always paint over it! (: I hope you'll share photos of your choices.

Brittany @ Life of a Bama Girl said...

I just found your blog. Your pictures are lovely. I can't wait to look through some of your old posts. It's always fun to find other Alabama bloggers!

Mariel Torres said...

I can't wait to see which colors you pick for the house babe, i'm sure they'll look perfect! You know what else you should be watching? Parks and Recreation... You'll love IT! hehe

PS. I think you should head over to my blog... I have some news hehe

Kisses sweet friend!

Kimberly Bonham said...

Stumbled upon your blog. Love it! New follower!
Follow me back via GFC?

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I love Nashville, have fun!

Kristian said...

I've heard a lot of people saying that book was just great. Might have to try it out...

Have fun in Nashville!

Courtney B said...

STUNNING picture!! You and Hudson look so perfect :)
I'm looking up that book right now! I'm intrigued and definitely want to read it :)
Oh 70 degree weather... we are supposed to get some of that the end of this week. I can't wait because I've been melting away in 100 degree weather the last week and a half. Yuck!