9.30.2012

Candy Collector Extraordinaire


My mom and I took Hudson to
my high school's homecoming parade. 
It was so fun to be back in my hometown
to enjoy the Fall festivities.
My Patriot Pride was shining through
as I watched and remembered all the good times I had
marching in the homecoming parade as a BJ Majorette!
Oh memories.

Hudson loves a good parade.
When he realized that candy was flowing freely,
he couldn't contain his excitement. 
But, we were surrounded by a group of middle schoolers,
so, at first, Hudson had a hard time
figuring out how to get out there and grab his share of the goodies.
But a little time passed,
and after some help by a few kind strangers who gathered some candy for him,
he began to feel brave enough to scoop up his own sweets.

By the time the parade was halfway through,
Hudson was leaping around under the setting sun,
tiptoeing across the pavement,
dodging big boys,
and getting handfuls of treats.
(like a candy collecting pro)

We came away with so much candy....
I doubt we'll even make a dent before Halloween.

12 comments:

Melanie said...

You guys are so sweet.

I was the same as a kid.. anything in the name of candy!!

Chrissy said...

Aw, such cute photos!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! xxx

justicepirate.com said...

That's cute that the school does parades like that! I don't think mine did anything at all like that. What lovely photos too!! yey!
+Victoria+

Ashley said...

That was my favorite part of parades when I was a kid... candy! Nothing like a hometown homecoming parade. Makes me want to venture back to Michigan... oh, and eat some candy. (:

misc.alaina said...

Such a beautiful day for a parade, and Hudson looks so handsome, as usual! I love a good parade, and especially one with meaning behind it!! Lovely photos!

Meri said...

you guys do parades like a pro :)

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

I'm laughing so hard at the "ermehgerd seniors" banner. Hilarious.

Kira said...

So fun, I remember loving parades as a kid because of all of the candy!

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Go Hudson! What a little champ. Collecting so much candy is pretty much the best thing that can happen to a kid.. that's what I always thought as a kid anyway :)
Such beautiful photos, I love the light!! xoxo

Beadle Wonka said...

I am glad ya'll were able to go. Judgeing by his back pack full of candy I might have to help eat some of that candy. You know so he can make room for the Halloween candy.

LOVE YOU!!!

Courtney B said...

So fun!! And you look GORGEOUS, Ash! Love those sunglasses on you!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow he caught on fast! Looks like he came away with a big haul!