8.13.2012

To my Three Year Old.

Dear Hudson,
Now you are three.
You have been so excited about your birthday...for what seems like weeks!
Granddad showed you how to hold your three little fingers up, and by the time
that your birthday came yesterday, you had perfected it. You look so happy when you
say you are "vree!" and hold up those sweet fingers.

At three years old,
you are the sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful little guy.
You are very tuned in to my feelings, 
and always take the time to tell me you love me and give me a kiss...
when you do that, just out of the blue, it makes me happier than you 
could ever know. I am so proud of your loving personality.
I hope you always speak out and say "I love you"
when the mood strikes.

You are soo smart, and you love to learn. Dinosaurs are a favorite of yours, and you know how to pronounce some names that are hard for even me to say: Diplodocus, Pteranodon, stuff like that. You love talking about space ships and planets. You like to take the whole family outside before bed to look for the moon. You love to talk, you have wonderful manners, and your vocabulary is out of this world.
I hope you always keep your passion for learning, 
you've got a bright future ahead of you.

You are the star of the show.
You love to play, and dance and sing.
A little extrovert, you have a way of endearing people to you,
with your outgoing personality and precious smile.
I hope you always let your light shine,
wherever life takes you.

You are a joy to be around. You are the apple of my eye. 
I can only hope that one day you will understand just how much you mean to me.
Without you, I wouldn't be me. 
I am forever connected to the beautiful, amazing YOU...
I'll always be your biggest fan,
your greatest support,
your shoulder to cry on,
your snuggle buddy, 
and your dancing partner.
(even when you get older and embarrassed to hang out with your mom,
I'll still be waiting in the wings.)
I thank God every day that He chose me to be your mother. 
I promise to always do my best for you.
I love you more than you know. 

Happy Birthday, sweet boy. 
My wish for you is that you will always be as 
sweet, kind, loving, thoughtful, outgoing, intelligent, joyful, and playful
as you are right now,
at three years old.

We are blessed to have you in our lives.
There is no one in this world quite like you,
a little boy with a heart and mind wise, far beyond your three years.
 Daddy and I love you so very much.
Hugs and Kisses,
Mama

26 comments:

Mrs. Biscuit said...

Your letters to Hudson are always my favorite! The way you write to him sounds like a love note, but in the dearest and purest of ways.

He'll be a lucky man to have these special letters from his mama one day... but in the meantime, Happy Birthday Hudson! It's so exciting that now you are "VREE!!!"

<3 <3 <3

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

What a beautiful blessing to give your sweet son. Your words are powerful and speak truth into his life. He is a lucky little man to have you as his mama!
Happiest birthday Hudson!! xoxo

Cindy P said...

Happy Birthday Hudson!!

=)

Eva Marie said...

Happy Birthday Hudson :) What sweet sweet pictures.

Gennie and Granddad said...

Beautiful Hudson. We are blessed to be a part of your life and you are everything your mama says and more. It will be exciting to see what the future holds for you. Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday!! We love you so much.

Kira said...

Those photos are precious. Happy birthday to your little guy! Also, I totally love how his name is embroidered on so many of his outfits. It's just adorable.

Meredith said...

this melted my heart. so sweet!
he is very lucky to have such a wonderful mother.
happy birthday to Hudson! <3

rachel said...

oh Ashley...
this is so wonderful...i was sitting at my desk, with tears pouring down my cheeks as i was reading it. beautiful words for a beautiful boy, from his beautiful momma. i love you two...happy birthday sweet Hudson!!!

xoxo

Natasha said...

So perfect :)
Happy Birthday to the little man!

A Birthday Boys Dada said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE BUDDY! You are such a blessing for your mother and I. Your moms words say it better than I could even try. We love you so very much.

Swoop your pictures on this post are great.

LOVE YOU and HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY HUDSON!!!

Cara-Mia said...

Happy birthday to sweet Hudson!

These photos are so great!

Meri said...

awww Happy Birthday Hudson! I can't believe he is "vree" already! When I first started reading your blog I'm not even sure he was two :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Oh my goodness! This is the sweetest! I hope he had an amazing birthday! He sure does look cute :) These photos are ADORABLE!

Jessica Ruud said...

What beautiful pictures of Hudson. Your post to him made me teary eyed :) So wonderful.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

awww...so cute...happy birthday Hudson!

misc.alaina said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to your sweet Hudson! He is such a handsome boy in that outfit, and the balloons, cupcake, and bare feet - all perfection! You are a lucky momma!!

jennifer blair said...

He is 3??? Wow! Happy belated birthday to your sweet little man!

Shalyn said...

Sweetest letter ever, Ashley! I love the way you describe him, he definitely does not sound like a typical 3 year old! Happy birthday to one of the cutest boys I (don't) know! ;-)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Look at how adorable he is!!!!! Happy birthday Hudson!!! Does he watch Dinosaur Train? Once in a while I put it on netflix for my sons and they eat it up and know how to pronounce those odd things now too that I can't. hehe. Hope being 3 is super fun for you Hudson!
+Victoria+
http://justicepirate.com

Sarah said...

Oh my, happy birthday, sweet Hudson!

He looks really, really good and happy, Ashley! Can't believe he's grown up so big and fast now. Time really does fly. :) What's even more lovely is seeing him grow up through your blog. And you're still the amazing mommy to him. Happy for you, Ashley!

Sending much love and thoughts your way! x

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh what a sweet loving letter. Hope that he had a wonderfully Blessed Birthday!!

Faith said...

Such a beautiful letter. Happy birthday Hudson! You truly sound like an incredible 3 year old!

ZADIN said...

This is a great post. Your boy is very lucky to have you as a mother.

My son will be 3 in a week so I'm preparing a similar post to him.

I'm proud myself to have a very loving son. Hope he stays this way forever.

www.zadinblog.com

Sophie @TheForge said...

Such sweet pictures and words! the birthday party looks amazing too :)

xx
sophie

http://theforgestyle.blogspot.com

Devon Riesenberg said...

could there BE a sweeter picture series of a little boy?! You have declared your love for him so beautifully. He's a lucky little guy :)

Haley K said...

After seeing that fun birthday jeep post I knew I needed to do some backtracking...I am so sorry I missed saying Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!! Goodness Hudson is SO LOVED. Reading this tender post put a smile on my face and brought tears to my eyes. I love that he's got a love for learning (those dinosaur names looked super tricky!), and a love for people around him! Seriously Ashley, one day I want to meet you (and Will:) and that sweet Hudson of yours. You inspire me, and your love for your little boy (who's now THREE!) is so touching. What a beautiful post. hugs friend!

And these pictures of your birthday boy with his darling "Hudson" outfit and those fabulous birthday balloons, they're perfection :)