8.26.2012

Go Wild!


We had a really wild time at Hudson's third birthday party!
When celebration time rolled around, 
we had the party room at EarlyWorks Museum decked out
for one very special little wild animal lover....
there were balloons and presents and snacks and loved ones galore,
so when Hudson walked in for the first time,
he was beyond excited!

He loved opening all his awesome gifts.
The very first one he grabbed was a present from Will and I,
a very special book: On the Night You Were Born.
I really meant it to be more of a keepsake,
as I had inscribed a special message to him inside,
so when he picked that one first,
I thought to myself, "Oh! It's the book. I hope he's not disappointed."
But that little sweet guy acted like he'd just seen the 
best present in the world. His happy face made me melt, and then he
said, "OH! FaaaaankYou!"
Bless his little grateful heart. 
As he went through each present,
from sweet family and friends,
his smile just got bigger and bigger. 
He even serenaded the crowd with a 
rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday to Hudson"
while opening gifts.
He is so precious.

Hudson was ecstatic about his colorful cake.
He absolutely couldn't wait to dig in. 
After he blew out the candles, 
and happily swayed along as he soaked up the love and attention
as everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him,
he just couldn't resist digging in....
face first. 

After cake,
the little ones donned their wild animal party hats
and headed down to sit beneath the special talking tree
to enjoy a cute puppet show by Biscuit the Dog and friends.
Then, we headed over to the glorious children's fun land:
Biscuit's Backyard.
Hudson immediately made his way to the "back porch" and gave us 
a third performance of "Happy Birthday" to himself,
using the mini microphone for all to hear. 
Then, the playing began.
All the cute kiddos were loving it...
catching fish and riding cows and hauling hay and gathering eggs and delivering mail and grocery shopping and rolling around on the smooshy playmats.
Whew. There was a lot going on in there.
And a whole lot of laughter...
which I think signals a pretty successful party.
Mission Accomplished. 

Happy 3rd Birthday,
sweet Hudson.
I hope you always look back on this celebration with a smile.

33 comments:

Faith said...

The details are incredible! What an amazing birthday party!

Angie Mc. said...

What a perfect party!! You did great on the decorations...and Hudson looks so sweet and happy. Can't believe he's 3!!!

p.s. love your dress!

Carlee, Almost Endearing said...

This party looks like so much fun! Lucky 3 year old. I love all the details. So great.
Carlee
Almost Endearing

Meri said...

What a cool venue for a party! You did a great job planning this party, it looks so fun and Hudson looks just giddy!

Carlie said...

His birthday party looks like it was a lot of fun! I love how it was decorated!

Jess said...

PRETTY party!! Love the wild animal theme...and little ones love Biscuit. :) Happy Birthday Hudson!

Virginie BĂ©langer said...

Joyeux anniversaire Hudson!! Looks like SO much fun, I would have been ecstatic about that beautiful cake too for sure!

Virginie xo

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! That is such a great party!!! Everything turned out cute and so amazing! I especially loved the puppet show!!! I WANT TO DO THAT!! Nobody does that anymore! And he is such a handsome little guy! I can't believe he is three already!! He grew up just way to fast! When I first came to your blog I think he was just over 18 months! And his face when he saw the cake!! Seriously.... too freaking cute! It was straight out of a movie!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUDSON!!! I hope you had the best day ever!!!

Emma Frances said...

Aww. I love his reaction to the book! :) What a perfectly sweet boy! And I love his cake!

Gennie and Granddad said...

Another amazing birthday party for Hudson! You always make his parties so special, he is a lucky little guy. We love you Hudson and we had so much fun just watching you have fun.

Ana F. said...

What an amazing party! I love how colorful it is! The cake is so bright and gorgeous... I love it!

Hudson looks beyond happy and adorable as always!!

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

Oooh I can definitely see why Hudson was excited about his cake-- it looks amazing!

and super cute decor and favors! and you look amazing, I LOVE that dress! It looks like the perfect birthday!

Glad he enjoyed it!

sweet harvest moon said...

LOVE this! What an amazing party!

Cindy P said...

Such an awesome party!! Great, great job with the decorations and planning! It looks like an awesome time!! And I love that Hudson dove in to the cake head first! I started laughing when I saw that picture. =)

I think my favorite picture from the whole day is Will sitting on the cow! haha!

Kyla said...

Oh, this looks like an amazing birthday party! It's so bright and happy, and Hudson looks like he's having a great time :) Especially with that cake!

justicepirate.com said...

It sounded like he had such an excellent birthday!!!! The bisquit puppet show sounds so darling especially!!!
+Victoria+

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

What a sweetheart, and what a cute party theme!

Kira said...

Aww he looks so excited! Great party planning, mom!

Courtney B said...

Oh my goodness... what a PERFECT birthday!! You and Will are the best parents :) I can tell how LOVED Hudson is!!
And you looked gorgeous, mama! LOVE your dress!

meghan said...

Happy Birthday Hudson! The party looks fantastic! You did so much without going overboard. It's so so perfect!

Chelsea said...

Shut up- Look at how adorable everything is! And those huge grins. Good job, girl!

Ashley Eliza said...

Ash this is by far the most amazing & magical birthday party! i love love love the cake and decor. what a fun theme.

xo

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Aww! Sweet little Hudson! What an awesome birthday party!

A Birthday Cake said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY! Your face said it all. You were so happy with everything. Running up saying thank you and so excited with each and every gift. When we brought your cake out you just stuck your face right on in it. I guess you have changed you likeness for cake since your first birthday.

I LOVE YOU BUDDY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

LOVE YOU SWOOP AND GREAT JOB WITH THE PARTY!!!

Mariel Torres said...

Oh my goodness, if this isn't the coolest party EVER then I don't know what is. So fun! Happy birthday little man! sending hugs and kisses your way :)

Judy said...

Such a great birthday!!!!

Katie said...

Wowza! What an amazing fete! Happy Birthday to your sweet Hudson!

Devon Riesenberg said...

Oh my gosh Ashley! What a perfect third birthday for your adorable boy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog because now I've been introduced to YOUR inspiring blog :) I love the name Hudson...and I peeked into your "about me" and I love the Civil Wars too!

Ashley said...

Can you believe you have a 3 year old??? My Charlie will be 3 in March. I loveeee parties and this one is pretty great!

Cara-Mia said...

Wow, three already??? How cute he looks! Love the party theme and am glad he enjoyed himself. :)

misc.alaina said...

Such a great venue for his party! Love all of your details! Looks like he is the happiest boy in the world in these photos!!

Juliette said...

How fun and colorful??! And that cake looks sooo yummy!
Happy belated birthday to your cute little thing :)

rachel said...

"the night wind whispered, 'life will never be the same' because there had never been anyone like you, ever in the world"...i still can't read that book to Ben without sobbing.

What a magical birthday party for a magical little boy. i wish we could have been there. we love you both (and Will, too!) to the moon!
Happy Birthday Little Hudson!
xo