8.09.2012

Currently: August 2012


L o v i n g : Jouer Tinted Moisturizer. I signed my mom up to receive Birchbox, and she so sweetly offered me a few bits from last month's box...the tinted moisturizer being one of them. I love it! It's so silky and smooth, and it offers great coverage, too! And the pretty glow it gives my skin has me feeling a bit like Jennifer Lopez....haha (in my dreams!).

R e a d i n g : I'll be honest, it was hard to find a worthy selection after reading a truly AWESOME book, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (READ IT!!), but The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D. is doing a good job of holding my attention. The author, Nichole Bernier, clearly knows the perfect formula for a good summer fiction: an easy read that's also gripping. But the subject matter itself is anything but light; Set in the tense summer following after 9/11, this novel is about secrets, and friendship, and heartache. It makes you ponder: how well can you really know a person?

W a t c h i n g : The Summer Olympics (Go Team USA!) and Big Brother (Go Ian!). Did you know that I'm the number one Big Brother fan in all of the world? It's true. I have never missed one single episode. Not in all the 14 seasons. Big Brother makes my Summers happy.

A n t i c i p a t i n g : Autumn. It's been a terribly hot summer...I am craving Fall breezes and light sweaters and the smell of pumpkin spice!

L i s t e n i n g  t o : Regina Spektor's What We Saw From the Cheap Seats. Love her! I've also been listening to a lot of Mockingbird by Carly Simon & James Taylor....it's Hudson's current favorite sing-a-long in the car. He's calls it Knockingbird.

P l a n n i n g : Hudson's 3rd Birthday. He's so very excited, so I hope his special day is a memorable one! I honestly can't believe that he's turning three this week. I'm so proud of my big boy.

W o r k i n g  o n : studying the Bible in Chronological order....with the goal of finishing the entire text in one year. Armed with my Bible, and the Bible+ app on my iphone (which is amazing), I'm able to immerse myself into God's word, and understand the Bible as a single story to see the unfolding of God's plan in history. 

W i s h i n g : Laundry wasn't a never-ending chore.

What are you currently
loving/reading/watching/anticipating/listening to/planning/working on/wishing?

(thanks to my friend Katrina for inspiring this post.)

10 comments:

Cindy P said...

I love this! I may have to "steal" this and do it myself next week!!

Elisha(: said...

Yeaahh! Go USA! (:

And Ashley, your gorgeous. Stunning!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Gone Girl had me doing the biggest WHAT THE?! halfway through. But it was so good!

Cara-Mia said...

I can't wait for fall and pumpkin spice as well. :)

P.S. you look gorgeous as always.

A LIST FROM A DUDE said...

Loving: YOU
READING: BOOKS ON CD for my car ride. Does that count?
Watching: Olympics and Big Brother
Anticipating: ALABAMA FOOTBALL and Fall "ROLL TIDE"
Listning To: BOOKS ON CD
Working on: WORK STUFF but I would also like to get a 365 day bible and read it.
Wishing: IT WAS THE WEEKEND

LOVE YOU AND HUDSON'S BIRTHDAY IS ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!!

misc.alaina said...

So exciting that Hudson is turning 3!! I may have to look into that Birchbox sometime for my mother-in-law, she loves beauty products! The Olympics are awesome, aren't they!?! You are making me excited for Fall!

Eva Marie said...

Hudson will be three.. where has the time gone.. :)

love this picture of you you look gorgeous!

My mom would love that subscription. I always forget to look if they ship to Canada

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I've never seen big Brother and had NO CLUE it ran that many seasons at all!!! Woah! I've been watching the olympics too, though I was out today. been streaming it from BBC live!

Courtney B said...

You are GORGEOUS!! Love that picture of you :)
Yay, I needed some new reads! Definitely looking into those books.
Oh maaaaaan. I am so craving fall! The weather, the clothes (not that I'll be able to fit into mine), and the scents. SO READY FOR IT!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

waiting for my little love muffin!!