4.03.2012

Wild Things.


We are just WILD about animals lately.
The three of us joined Will's family at the Birmingham Zoo last week.
I'm not sure what made Hudson happier...
seeing the cool creatures
or
spending time with his little cousin Henrietta.
There are only nine months between the two,
and it's a real treat to watch them interact. 
Hudson is really into holding her hand, hugging her,
watching out for her,
and just being super sweet.
He showed her how to bang the drums (his favorite) and climb the beetle bug.
And he even enjoyed sharing his wagon as they rolled through the zoo.

During the trip,
he also shared squeezes with his grandparents, his aunt Liza and uncle Sam...
and one lucky rabbit statue.
We are blessed with a very loving little boy who's kind spirit never fails to make us smile.

Another highlight of our visit:
Hudson had been sitting for a while, watching the Malayan Tiger pace back and forth.
After he noticed his MeMe's camera, he asked if he could take a picture.
He grabbed it, ran to the glass (holding the camera in perfect snapping position)
and weaved back and forth through the crowd trying to catch the perfect shot.
This photographer mama couldn't have been prouder.
After she got the film developed, we found that he had indeed taken a picture of the pacing tiger.
No easy task for a 2 year old, right?
What a talented little dude! 

p.s. we went to the same zoo a year ago. I couldn't help but reminisce about our last trip, and compare how much our little guy has grown. 

25 comments:

Jillian {The Absurd Bird} said...

Wow... He has grown so much more adorable. Is that even possible? ;) love your blog as always!

Cindy P said...

Oh my goodness he has grown so much!! I love seeing his transformations on your blog!

I love going to the zoo. It's always so much fun! =D Animals are so neat!

Also, I love your shirt!! Where did you get it?

My Journey With Candida said...

Hudson sure has grown.... He is almost as big as you are Ashley.

Kyla Makay said...

Aw! He is precious. :)
♥Ky
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

He's gotten so big! The zoo is my favorite place. I can't wait to share it with my kids some day.

Amanda said...

Wow, I can't believe how much he's grown, but he seems so happy! He's definitely a little lovey, just like his mom :)

Tamara @ Go Fish Style said...

what fun!

The Zoo Keeper said...

This was a fun filled day. Hudson is always up for a trip to the Zoo or to go hang out with his cousin. It was neat watching him with that camera. It was also fun watching your face when I let Hudson ride the marry-go-round by himself. It is crazy how much he has grown in just 1 year.

LOVE YOU!!!

Chelsea said...

What precious kiddos! Y'all have so much fun :)

Melanie said...

OMGoodness how CUTE are those little cousins together!! What an awesome day for heart-breaker Hudson! Y'll are just adorable!! XO

Lindsay [Elle Elizabeth] said...

What adorable pictures!

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

The pictures are just so awesome! And that story of little mini photog Hudson is priceless! You definitely should be proud, mama!! xoxo

Kira said...

It is crazy how much of a difference a year makes when they are that young!

Emma Frances said...

Oh my goodness he is so cute with her! :] I love the picture of him hugging her! And the zoo is so much fun! I hope I live near one so I can take my kids lots!

Judy said...

Love the side-by-side pictures a year later! It is wonderful (and sad) to see how quickly 12 months can pass by!

Amber said...

oh my gosh, these photos are too cute! Your little guys is so precious. I cant believe how much he grew in one year.

Sarah said...

Aw how fun! Especially the picture from a year ago. I always love to look back and reminisce and be AMAZED at how much a difference a year makes. So glad you all had a wonderful time together. Your family is so sweet =)

- Sarah
A Girl In Transit

Ana F. said...

The picture of Hudson hugging the bunny. I can't even.

I love the you put the pictures from different year side by side! Precious. I still look at the twins I look after for two years and can't believe they'll be 5 this year. Craaaazy!

misc.alaina said...

Awwww, the flashback photos are precious! Such a big difference, and such a handsome big boy!! You guys always have such fun adventures. Love all of your shots!

Savories of Life said...

come see my giveaway . i post a new one each saturday.
cute kids!

aniamaria said...

ohh.. this is super-cute when your son gives a girl kiss! ^^
amazing trip with animals! :)

// thank U so much! :* :)

Kaitlyn said...

Ahh i love zoo's i can't wait to make several trips to the zoo once it gets a little warmer. Love these pictures looks like you all had a fun time! Those pictures are too sweet!!!!!
xoxo


In our sea of love

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh how fun! And my goodness, a year makes a world of difference!

Alli from Life on LeRoy said...

I'm so glad you followed my blog so I could find yours and follow you too! WOW! Your blog is amazing and the pictures are so beautiful! Can't wait to get to know you better! :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

It is so nice when cousins are close in age like this! How adorable how he treats her too! What a lovely place!!