4.15.2012

My Very Best Friend.


(While trying to reach something on top of the kitchen counter)
Hudson: "I can't reach it! I'm just a little guy!"

(Before going outside)
Hudson: "Me need some sun scream."

(After his grandmother called him a sweetheart)
Hudson: "I'm not a sweetheart! I'm HudsonHeart."

(While we were in line at the grocery check-out, a man was standing behind us)
--Hudson covered his eyes--
Hudson: "Don't let that Master see me!"
(his favorite song to sing right now is Baa Baa Black Sheep, and it talks about a Master and a Dame. I guess he has decided to incorporate that terminology into his everyday vocabulary. Ha.)

Hudson loves to talk on the phone to loved ones, and he loves to pick up the receiver and pretend to talk, too. Every single time he has a pretend phone call he says this exact conversation:
Hudson: "Hello? HEY! I got to go. Ok! Welllll, bye!"

(While Hudson was watching tv, he stopped intently to listen to a commercial)
Commercial: "Go to pbskids.org to find out more information."
Hudson (to the tv): "THANK YOU!!"

(While Hudson was playing on the back porch, I sat watching him from my chair. He stopped what he was doing, and ran over to lay his head in my lap)
--reaching his hands up to squeeze my face--
Hudson: "Mama, you is my very best friend."
--------------------------------------
I can't EVEN begin to tell you how much I love this little boy.

32 comments:

Samantha said...

awww! he sounds like a sweet heart! oooh, i mean a hudson heart! i love that he thanked the tv. you're doing a good job on teaching the manners! haha

Elisha(: said...

AWWWHHH (:

My Journey With Candida said...

How adoreable he is Ashley. I bet your Mom can't get enough of him either

Jillian {The Absurd Bird} said...

Sweetest!!

jeannie said...

Hudson is the sweetest little guy. He has filled our lives with so much joy. I just can't get enough of him. The things he comes up with just amazes me. I love you Hudson heart!!

Cindy P said...

Love, love love this! I hope that you always stay Hudson's very best friend. =)

My favorite one you listed was him replying to your mom telling her he was "HudsonHeart". Adorable. It brought a huge smile to my face!

Carlie said...

He says such cute things!

Chelsea said...

Such a sweetie! :)

rachel said...

don't even try, my friend. there are no words that could EVER do this love justice...

Amylou said...

He is just the cutest! I love the HudsonHeart one! Adorable!

Judy said...

Sweet little man with such a big heart!

Ana F. said...

How sweet! My favorite was "sun scream". We all need some sun scream haha

Have a great week :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw! I can just imagine him saying these adorable things in a sweet little voice :)

marie said...

I am so happy you're writing it all down because it's so precious you think you'll never forget......... until you do. He is so sweet!

Amber said...

I too often thank my television for its words of wisdom ;)

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

I'm a "Hudsonheart"... love it!

Hudson's Best Friend said...

I say this every time you do one of these post Swoop. I am so glad you are keeping note of all the great things are little guy is saying. He comes up with some really neat sayings and it is always neat to see and hear what catches his eye and ear.

LOVE YOU!!!

Hudson's Best Friend said...

I say this every time you do one of these post Swoop. I am so glad you are keeping note of all the great things are little guy is saying. He comes up with some really neat sayings and it is always neat to see and hear what catches his eye and ear.

LOVE YOU!!!

The Little Bit said...

Oh my goodness... this is so precious! LOVE!

Ashley Eliza said...

"i'm a hudsonheart" oh that just makes me melt inside. i can just imagine it with a cute little voice. i love that you record all these fun memories, ash.

xoxo

misc.alaina said...

Hudson is a funny little guy! A HudsonHeart - so cute!!

Shauna Klippel said...

You are on the right track to document these precious things. It's so easy to forget even though in the moment you think you never will. Although I will say I don't think you would ever forget him saying your his best friend. That's priceless and so special. Take care,

Shauna

Mariel Torres said...

I hope one day, if I have a little boy, he is like Hudson... What a sweet sweet boy! This just proves what an amazing mommy you are darling :)

Meri said...

haha- does he say Master or Dame with a british accent?

aniamaria said...

this is so adroable! ^^ :)

I love too dancing movies ;)

Haley K said...

Well that "little guy" of yours sure has a big heart!!! He really is just too sweet :) I'm sure his family and friends love to talk to him in the phone too! And OH what could be better than your baby boy (they'll always be our babies right?) saying your his best friend?? *heart melting* Hope you had a great Monday lovely Ashley!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Awwwww so so so cute!

Menachérie said...

Too cute. (:

http://www.menacherieblog.com/

Courtney B said...

"HudsonHeart" Oh MY! Looooove him!
I can't wait to have one of my own :)

p.s. You are the BEST mama, Ash. Clearly, Hudson is one very happy boy who feels so much love day in and day out. He is so lucky to have such amazing parents!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh my goodness what a sweet sweet post! He is just so adorable!!

Victoria said...

Freaking. Cute.

You have no idea the baby fever that is in my head right now.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

How adorable his quotes are!