2.24.2012

Eleven Eleven Eleven

I know you all have probably seen this little questionnaire making it's way around the blogosphere. I was tagged by my new LOVELY new friend Shauna to do this post. You guys, this beautiful lady has SIX gorgeous kids....and by golly, if she could find the time to complete this kind of post, then so can I. (and so can you lucky girls that I tagged. Unless, of course, you've already done it...then you get a pass. ha.)

If you'd like to know a whole lot of useless knowledge about moi, then read away! 

There are 6 rules: 
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
6. No saying, "If you are reading this, you're tagged."

11 Random Things About Me:



Shauna's Questions For Me:
1. What is your favorite meal to cook? I like to cook all kinds of things...but my favorite is probably some sort of pasta dish. I like to make lasagna, because my family loves to eat it. 
2. What world leader inspires you (dead or alive)? Martin Luther King, who led the Civil Rights Movement, was one of the most inspirational leaders the world has ever seen. His courageousness changed the lives of so many people.
3. If your could have lived in any other era which would it have been? 1930's Manhattan- jazz and glamour and the big city. 
4. How would you describe yourself in four words? empathetic, capable, enthusiastic, unique.
5. Do you wear makeup every day? I don't always wear makeup, but I definitely feel much better when I do. 
6. What are you passionate about? I am most passionate about being a mother and raising my child. I am a strong believer that anyone can be a mom...but being a good mom takes sacrifice, effort, and a great sense of humor. 
7. What is your middle name? Nicole.
8. What do you love about being a woman? I love that I can do all the things that only a woman can do naturally AND I can do most things a man can do, too. A woman can create life, decorate the house, whip up amazing meals, change a tire....then come in, have a hot bath, get dressed and be ready for a night on the town.
9. Fiction or Non Fiction? I like both, but I'd probably choose fiction.
10. What is your favorite game to play? (board game, cards, etc.) Oh, I love all kinds of games! I guess my favorite would be Monopoly. 
11. Who have you been told you look like? I've always been told that I look like Elizabeth Taylor. I can usually count on a stranger stopping me at least once a week to say so. 


My Questions For the Friends I Tag:
1. What is your favorite Disney movie?
2. Have you ever broken a bone?
3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
4. What are you afraid of?
5. What is the most expensive thing in your closet?
6. Have you ever had super short hair?
7. What is your favorite dessert?
8. Which was cooler...N'Sync or Backstreet Boys?
9. What is your dream vacation destination?
10. Can you play an instrument?
11. If you were stranded on a deserted island and only had two music cd's, what would they be?

I'm tagging Shalyn, JanetteCindy, Leeann, Ashley, and Rachel.

Happy Weekend, friends!
xoxo

29 comments:

Elisha(: said...

These.Are.Awesome!!!!<3 and your so so pretty!!

Carlie said...

That was fun to read to get to know you better! And since you love the Monopoly game you should totally try Monopoly Deal. It is one of our fav games!

jessica said...

I am so glad to find someone who agrees with me that unpainted toes are a no-no! It's like their naked! And Belle was so my favorite princess, too! Loved reading this!

Jillian {The Absurd Bird} said...

Love this post!! It looks like fun! :)

The man who knew all 11 said...

Cute post Swoop. I wish I could have learned something new about you though. HAHA I LOVE YOU!!!

My Journey With Candida said...

Living way up north, I don't have to worry about painted toes in the winter time. No one sees my toes anyway.

Neat that you went to school with a STAR!! I don't think anyone in my school,.... let alone my class became famous.

Jackie said...

This looks so fun! Sometimes the little randomn things are what make people so special. Love reading these and i also have a funny way about eating certain foods, with me it's eggs. lol. Happy Friday!

Whitney said...

First off, shut up!!
You and I need to get together and watch Beauty and eat pickles and olives. Seriously those are my favorites as well. My sister even calls me pickles, that how much I love them.
Second, stop being so gosh darn gorgeous would you!

misc.alaina said...

Cute post! I have a similar favorite snack, cheddar cheese and pepperoncini together! I agree that you look like Elizabeth Taylor! How cool that you met Keith Urban!!

Christi Lynn said...

Belle is my favorite too :) shes the only intelligent princess! haha

Samantha said...

LOVE belle! seriously, she is the best disney princess. i have a whole debate on why she is, ha. AND I love that you love sam's town by the killers! that is seriously the best cd ever!

Judy said...

I love those random facts about you!!!!

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

Ashley, you always have something grand up your sleeve. i am now lovin' on your latest blog re-design a ton!!! looks so fresh for spring and i also really dig the layouts you're using lately. this post is really fun to read through with its various design elements. nice touch lades!!!

envisioning you in the 30's is a perfect thing, you not only embody the most current style but you also have this timeless era thing going on too. cool balancing act i gotta say! and Miss Taylor is someone i see in you and i'm pretty sure i've mentioned it before. you're just so beautiful Ashley!!!

loved the Q&A randoms, it's always fun to get to know you some more this way. happy weekend to all you "happening" team Hudson's!!! xo ♥

Shauna Klippel said...

ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have so much in common!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alright, I have a degree from Santa Clara University in Political Science and I took enough French to have minored in it!!! Can you believe that. I can't speak it, but I could whip out a good two paragraphs in French.

I love the killers.

My daughter is always at the table with a book! Always! She is nine and I've never met anyone with the insatiable appetite she has for books. And all genres too. She's quite refined I mush say, but I'm her mom so....

I love olives, pickles and cheese. My grandmother use to catch me eating the green olives and drinking the juice!!!!!

You are a beautiful woman inside and out. Yes, you do look like Elizabeth Taylor, lucky you.

I loved your answers for number six and eight. I tell my daughter, Gwyneth that she is so lucky/blessed to be a girl in this day and age. She is can do anything! She's knows she's not a man and that there are differences for a reason, but literally the sky is the limit. We're so lucky today. It's a great time to be a wife, a mother and a woman. Finally.

I adore the picture of you for this post, it may be my favorite of you yet-of all that I've seen.

Thank you for participating and I can't wait to get to know you even better!!!

I loved it all!!!

Take care,

Shauna

Meri said...

belle is by FAR the best disney princess haha. Ariel would be up there except she's a little naive for my taste...
also, I'm intrigued by your snackbowl- will have to try that. maybe with white cheddar, which I prefer to yellow cheddar...

Haley K said...

yay for painted toes, being a book worm (I wish I was more of one), dill pickles, and calling Keith Urban pretty :)

and I loved your answer to what you're passionate about. you are an incredible mother :) Amen to needing a sense of humor! ;) And I've never finished a game of monopoly...I think that needs to change soon...

jeannie said...

I love this post. Your description of yourself is so true. Your lasagna is delicious, thank you for preparing it for us. Regarding board games, I think Risk is my new favorite, if only I could beat you!!

aniamaria said...

U are so lucky - U meet Keith Urban and went to school with star of Step up! - I want too! ^^
great post! :)

I soon show my meals ;)
thank U so much for so good words from you to me - this is very important for me ;* ;* :)

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Belle is my favorite too!! :)

Amanda said...

YAY! You're fun facts are awesome! I also can't stand to have my toe nails painted. And I had NO CLUE you were an only child! My mom was an only child :) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

rachel said...

you tagged ME!! oh you little mischief! you should know i take these things very seriously...it might take me a day or two to get this up and running, but i won't let you down, girl!!!

i was just smiling and nodding my head to so many of your answers! there were things i definitely would have expected, things that suprised me, and things that we totally have in common. this is FUN!!

xo

Romance In A Glance said...

So I didn't even get to finish this, but your favorite snack caught my attention because that is MY favorite snack also! My husband thinks I'm weird for it. I've never heard of anyone else that adds the cheddar cheese to the combo like me:)

Glad I found your blog! Looks great already. Hope you stop by and visit me for awhile! Have an awesome week :)

Courtney B said...

You are my kinda girl! I HAVE to have my toenails painted allll the time. Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of feet, and polish helps them look a little better? I don't know! But it drives me crazy when they aren't painted :)
You met Keith Urban? Amazing! So jealous, haha.
Monopoly is my favorite! Once again, why can't we live by each other? We could have pedi parties (haha) and play monopoly! :)

Jaclyn said...

keith urban told you you were pretty! that is amazing!!! you are gorgeous girl!

Annie said...

So fun to learn more about you Ashley! Love that you called Keith Urban pretty - too funny :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Ashley Eliza said...

Ash!
-I am so the same way. pedi's are a must in my book.
-i love that you know french! i am dying to go to france on a study abroad..
-awww i heart keith. and he is pretty and so are you! that is rockin that you told him that haha.
did you meet him at his concert? or just whats the story?
-if we lived closer to each other we could be monopoly buddies. all my friends hate it. and its my fave as well.
-ps just so you know i love your eye brows i am alawys jealous of them! they rock. i think you need to fill me on how to make mine look so good.. :)

xoxo

ps im so stoked you tagged me :)

Cindy P said...

Okay so I totally read this over the weekend and got so excited when I saw you tagged me. =) I meant to comment but I didn't have much time when I was reading it to form a good response. So here you go. =)

Your random facts are great!!
1. About the toe nail polish is the EXACT same for me! I feel naked without my toenails painted! And I'm totally using this in my post, too!
5. I didn't go to high school with anyone famous but I did go to college with Adam Brock who is currently in the Top 24 of American Idol. He and I actually sang together in Jazz Singers until he graduated (the year ahead of me) and I have an autographed CD of his. =)
Also, I went to college with some people who went to high school with Jonathan Groff who played Jesse on Glee and was the main character in Spring Awakening on Broadway with Lea Michele. I think that's prety cool!
8. I was on the Dean's List in college, too!

I look forward to doing this myself. Look for it later this week for sure! And thanks for tagging me. Love ya girl!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw fun! I love getting to know my blogging buds better!! And thanks for tagging me :)

Sorry I've been MIA, we switched work offices and EVERYONE can see my computer screen so I have been slacking on blogging/commenting.

Shalyn said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me for this, Ashley! You are the best. I finally answered mine and had so much fun, so thanks again.

I love all your answers/facts- especially about reading and Martin Luther King Jr. being one of the top people you admire. Beauty and brains for sure:-)