12.08.2011

You serious, Clark?

Santa has been spotted.

We found him relaxing in Santa's Village in Huntsville, Alabama...which is, obviously, his home away from home when he's not in the North Pole. The village was perfectly festive, with sparkly lights, hot cider, flying reindeer and friendly elves. 
--------------------------------------------------

Tucked in between the Sleigh Bell Shop and Snowman Alley was an "icicle maze" made of flashing lights. Hudson enthusiastically ran in, and upon hearing a little girl giggle, he let out a similar belly laugh, and took off running through the kid-sized labyrinth. 
----------------------------------------

Inside a cozy Christmas cottage, we found a room where we could write our list to Santa. When I asked Hudson if he had been naughty or nice, he said: "Naughty!" After finishing our letter to Santa, we dropped by Mrs. Claus's Cookie Kitchen which was full of gingerbread men and sweet surprises.
-------------------------------------------------------------------


We sat in Santa's sleigh, played in the snow, and tried out some traditional wooden toys in the workshop....and then it was time to visit the big guy himself.
-----------------------------------

At the first sight of Santa, Hudson walked right up to him, crawled in his lap, and smiled. St. Nick asked our little guy what he wanted for Christmas, and he quickly replied: "A Rocketship!". Santa told him that since he had been a good boy, he would be sure to bring him one. Whew. Thank goodness Santa's going to pull through....we've been hearing about a rocketship for months. We better be sure to leave him an extra cookie on Christmas Eve!
--------------------------------------



Santa's Village was fun for all of us. Hudson loved almost everything....except Frosty the Snowman and the Jolly Gingerbread Man. In his words, they could stay "far, far away" from him.

p.s. wondering what movies Hudson and I are watching this holiday season? READ THIS!

32 comments:

Tori Baldridge said...

This just makes me wanna let out a big "AWWWWW" :)

Alaythea said...

How cute is Hudson!!! And that Santa is awesome! Best Santa I've seen!

jeannie said...

Ashley these pictures are awesome! We had so much fun watching little Hudson enjoy everything. The whole night was so magical. Especially Santa. Hudson was so sweet the whole night.

Brianna said...

These are great! And where ever you all went is lovely! Got some awesome pictures from it! :))

Gentri said...

hahaha! Love the frosty picture. So funny. :)

Actually, I love EVERY single picture in this post. That's it. I'm moving. haha! Like I've said a billion times- there are always the most fun things to do where you live! And Hudson's outfit! Ah! Adorable! I will be crossing my fingers that santa remembers Hudson's rocketship!

Virginie's Cinema said...

Ha ha ha, that last picture! Hudson is the cutest ever, like for real!! I like that you are the only driving the sleigh pretty girl and I love Santa's outfit too!!

Sems like such a good time and memories you will cherish forever :)

Have the best week-end you guys!

Virginie

Sandy a la Mode said...

LOVE all these pictures!! can't believe xmas is almost here!!!

yours truly, melissa said...

How fun! (And Wow! Read reindeer!)

You three are the cutest. :) Can I have your eyelashes because they are impressive.

Sarah said...

OH MY, ASHLEY! Haha, I just fell in love with Hudson all over again. He is beyond adorable and lovely! Just beyond! Great photos, as usual. And that Christmas Village looks amazinnngg. Too bad we don't have anything like that over here in Malaysia. But awww, I loved this post! xx

Meri said...

haha- oh no, not a fan of frosty! I love Hudson's coat and hat!

Candice said...

This is so cute!! What fun for both kids and adults. The whole place looks magical and that Santa looks so great.

Emma Frances said...

What a perfectly magical place! :] And I absolutely adore Hudson's coat and cap! So so cute!

Natasha said...

He is seriously almost too cute!
I love his jacket...he's such a stylin little guy!

Courtney B said...

Real live reindeer?! I have yet to see those in real life :)
Love your coat and I want your hair!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

HOW fun. I love this.... Hudson's little jacket is the BEST.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

ps. that Santa looks SO real.

Haley K said...

oh you always find the most magical places to visit :) That's a picture perfect winter wonderland!! and what a beautiful family you have :) I'm sure your sweet parents loved being with that sweet little Hudson. And Santa Claus...I've never seen him with such a fantastic ensemble, LOVE it :) And I would've loved to see that friendly, little Hudson ask Santa for a rocketship :)

Amanda Michelle said...

adorable! these pics are priceless! mr hudson looks so dapper in his little jacket and suede booties! this place looks amazing! xo

Mimi said...

awwwww, these pictures made me smile! i can totally feel the christmas spirit just by looking at them. :)

i love los angeles, but i wish people would decorate more and enjoy the holidays more. *sigh*

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
$100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

That bedroom set up has me swooning, that's for sure!

Cindy P said...

What a sweet evening you guys had! I love the Santa's Village. I wish we had something like that here! Too fun!

Hudson's little jacket is adorable! And I love that he loves and isn't afraid of Santa but is terrified of Frosty! Though, I'm not too much a fan of people in big costumes like that. At least Santa looks normal!

Santa's Rocketship Building Elf said...

This really was a special night. It was just filled with laughs and smiles. Hudson had such a great time running from room to room from Reindeer to a ice maze. Oh and how can we forget him getting up on stage after he visited jolly ole Saint Nick and did a little jig while singing some Christmas carols.

LOVE YOU MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Mariel Torres said...

hahaha it's ok Hudson darling, Frosty scares me too.
Awesome holiday memories darling! Love the pictures and you look absolutely gorgeous let me tell ya ;).

kisses!

My Journey With Candida said...

Look at that face on Hudson next to Frosty. He sure can't hide how he feels.

You have such neet places to go to in your area.

blazebratcher said...

It looks like you had a great time! So much fun!

Tereza said...

aww this looks like such a fun time! I wish we had somewhere like this to take the kids!

Janette said...

Lovely pictures as usual! Especially that one of Hudson scared of the snowman...lol poor thing.. Hey! Did you get a new camera?

Janette, the Jongleur

Kai.Mercado. said...

I seriously can't believe how big Hudson is! I remember how little he was when I first started following you! So crazy!

Reina said...

wonderful pictures ^.^

Eden said...

Just found your blog via Virginie's Cinema! So happy I did! <3 great pictures

xox, Eden

Shalyn said...

That's IT, I am moving to Alabama. I am convinced it is the best state and your pictures are the BEST, as usual. Love the last one!

Cara-Mia said...

Haha I always love your movie quotes.

Anyway, what a great place! I'm sure the place was a great experience for little Hudson. :)