12.30.2011

A Trip Around the Sun

"Living on Earth is expensive....but it does include a free trip around the sun."
2011's trip around the sun was really good. In fact, it was pretty darn amazing.

January brought us a big, fun heap of unexpected snow, pretty mountain hikes, and treasured weekends at the river. 

In February, we celebrated the most lovely Valentine's Day as a family of three, danced the night away on a few occasions, we visited the farm, and we took a culinary road trip to Tennessee. 

March brought the first glorious taste of spring sunshine, a ball of a date night, Hudson's first trip to the circus, and a late-night quest for the Super Moon.

April showers brought an early arrival of pretty flowers, Will and I "burned the floor", Hudson and I journeyed to Oz, and our state (Alabama) tragically suffered from the largest tornado outbreak ever recorded. 

May was a time of renewal with green grass and summer temperatures and lots of fun. We went on a Mississippi Mother's Day getaway, took a relaxing stay-cation, enjoyed Hudson's first trip to the zoo, celebrated Memorial Day by the pool, and I ran into John Paul White from the Civil Wars. 

In June we went to a Hot Air Balloon Festival, enjoyed a Polo Match that Will coordinated to help the victims of the April tornado tragedy, danced downtown at a party on the plaza, went to the fair, watched parades, and did lots of other summertime things. 

July found us at the beach, where we celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary, visited another zoo, rode a camel, had fun on the Fourth, and made lots of new memories. We also enjoyed our town's annual blues festival, took a Tennessee day trip, saw the Civil Wars in concert, and did lots of swimming.

We kicked off August with a very special celebration for Hudson who turned two! We explored neighboring cities, started Hudson's first swim lessons, and saw a small-town parade.

In September, we had weekend fun in Nashville with good eats and a ride on Thomas the Train. Hudson and I went to a Native American Festival, welcomed the first crisp night of Fall with warm lattes downtown.

In October, Hudson saw his first concert, The Beach Boys. We watched the leaves turn, went to another fair, enjoyed Oktoberfest, saw football games, went to the Renaissance Faire, visited the pumpkin patch, took Hudson trick or treating, and listened to banjo music in Billy Reid's flagship store.

November was probably the worst month on record, since my camera was stolen a few days before Thanksgiving. But there was lots of good stuff, too. We played in the leaves, took a very cold trip to the beach, visited a lighthouse, and ate lots of turkey and ham.  

In December, I got a new camera! We saw our first little snow and lots and lots of sparkly lights. We wore tacky sweaters, visited Santa's Village, and enjoyed everything about Christmas.

Can't wait to see what 2012 brings. 
Now I shall leave you with the most adorable video I've ever seen.....
Have a safe and happy New Year, friends!!

36 comments:

Candice said...

What an fun and eventful year you've had, Ashley! Wishing you all the best and another year of blessings and excitement :)

misc.alaina said...

What an amazing year for your family! Every month looks equally fantastic!! I am slowly working through my yearly archives and remembering so many things I had already forgotten about. Happy New Year to you, Will, and Hudson!!

Natasha said...

Happy new year!
I always love seeing your pictures and reading your adventures :)

Susan said...

What a great year you had!!! Happy New Year to you and your family!

And I adore ZD and JGL singing together..... so cute! And she wears a tiara which is the cherry on top of the sundae here!

kira said...

Fun year! You have inspired me to do a yearly recap as well :)

The Frat Pack + Me said...

Love that video!!

Alaythea said...

I love Zooey and Joseph! Oh and I loved your year recap too!

Lula said...

you remind me of alison brie from community, you're a gorgeous woman!

Sarah said...

such beautiful photos, ashley! it's been amazing following your 2011 journey through your posts and photos. and it sure does look like 2011 was a fantastic one for you! thanks for being such a sweet blessing to me throughout through the blogging world and know that i'm so thankful and glad that we 'met' somehow through blogging. :) here's to an awesome 2012 ahead and i'm definitely looking forward to more exciting blog posts of yours!

happy new year, love! xx

Virginie's Cinema said...

It's been amazing being able to share this year with you, Hudson and Will through your beautiful blog!

All my very best wishes to you all for the New Year, may 2012 be a magical year for you my friend!!

Bonne Année,

Virginie ♥

A New Years Dude said...

2011 was one special year. We had so many special adventures and outings as a family. I am looking forward to 2012 and what all it has in store for us. I LOVE YOU AND HUDSON AND THANK YOU FOR A GREAT 2011.

HAPPY NEW YEAR & I LOVE YOU!!!

Whitney said...

I enjoyed your recap... it's crazy just how fast this year flew by! As you documented what ya'll did for each month, I thought, "it feels like I JUST read that" even though it's been 6 months or so ago! I LOVE the ZD & JGL video... makes me smile :) See you tomorrow evening as we ring in the new year at SB's house!

jennifer blair said...

What an awesome year! I know 2012 will be amazing as well! I love that video too! So cute!

My Journey With Candida said...

What a wonderful year you had and I am sure you are looking forward to 2012.

A very Happy New Year to you and yours.

It's a Crafty Life said...

Love that quote! Looks like you had a great year, here's hoping for another great one for you. Oh, and I totally love that video too. I was surprised at what a nice voice he has.

aniamaria said...

Happy New Year! :)

Jillian said...

Your photos are brilliant and your family is adorable!! Happy New Year to you and yours. Someday I hope to be half as good with a camera as you are!

www.theabsurdbird.blogspot.com

Brianna said...

La la la looovely pictures! :)

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

awe Ashley, it's been quite a year indeed and i've loved every second spent on your adorable bloggy! getting to know you and your swell family (through you) has been something i treasure. it's always a bright spot to turn on the net, you give off the most positive aura. much loves and happy wishes sent your way for this New Year ahead. cheers to 2012 and may the blessings continue to grace you in every possible way they can!!! xoox ♥

pea ess: awesome ending with that video, too cute for words is what!

just tututiny said...

You've had quite an eventful 2011 ;) Love these photos. Here's hoping 2012 brings you more joy and happiness!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Awww, love them together! I didn't even know he could sing, he is so handsome and such a great actor, who said God doesn't give with both hands? ;-)

Absolutely loved your year in pictures - your family is lovely! And Hudson grew sooo much!

Happy New Year!

Petchie said...

Great recap! Happy New year!

xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

Happy New Year! I just found your blog & I love it!

Shannon said...

What a fabulous year you've had! Here's to an even better 2012!

Sacha....xoxo said...

what a fun year you had.

happy new year, wish you all the best for 2012

much loves, Sacha www.sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.com

A Lost Feather said...

i can't believe how much hudson grew! such a little man :) you've certainly had a very lovely and fun filled year! i hope 2012 brings even more happiness to you and your family!

Meri said...

This post looks really nice, Ashley (as usual). I like how you organized it so there's a lot of photos to show but its not overwhelming! It looks great. Did you go up in a hot air balloon? I've always wanted to do that :)

Ashley Eliza said...

what a fabulous year!!! can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for you :) thanks for letting me read all about your fun adventures :) ps im obsessed with that song too! its soo dang cute.

xoxo

Shane said...

Looks like an amzaing year you had! You have a BEAUTIFUL family. Look forward to keeping up with your lovely self in the New Year!
xo Shane
shaneprather.blogspot.com

Kelli Anderson said...

love that video!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Looks like such an awesome Year!

Eva Marie said...

Our babies grew too fast Ashley!! WHen did this all happen..

what a lovely year for your family, so glad I have been able to read along and be a friend :)

Haley K said...

first, i love the title of this post :)

second, what a wonderful year it's been for your beautiful family! The picture of Hudson in May (in his adorable little green overalls) is ADORABLE! and i still remember when you posted about meeting John Paul White and my sister about falling off her chair when she saw the post with me :)

third, that music video is so, so sweet. Zooey's voice is dreamy! and goodness they should be a couple :)

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe how much Hudson has grown since I first met you and him! Such a handsome lil' family you've got!

Janette said...

WOOW! It's kind of cool reading back on all of this Ashley! Cause I remember most of it from reading your blog all last year! Truly you have one of the best blogs! You are in my personal top 5 faves for sure!

Wishing you many more magical and lovely moments in 2012!

Happy New Year bloggy buddy!


Janette the Jongleur

Shalyn said...

I am so very happy that I have been following you for this entire journey this year- its been a great one (minus the stupid camera...stupid stupid people) May this year bring just as much happiness!