12.29.2011

Sleeping Beauty

Hudson's bedtime is always full of special moments. 
Most nights, he listens as Will says a prayer, then says "Amen", and goes right to sleep.
Some nights, he likes to be held, in between his Mama and Dada, and squeezes the three of us together into the sweetest group hug, over and over and over again.
Other nights, he prolongs the process by asking for....
a toy
another toy
a drink of milk
a kiss
another kiss
.....basically, anything he can think of.

And then on my most favorite nights, he asks for Mama to sing with him. 
His favorite is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and as we sing the tune, he
sways along in my arms. 
The other night, he was calling for me from his bed, so I walked in to see what he needed.

(in a sweet, quiet voice) Hudson: "Mama?"
me: "Yes, Hudson?"
Hudson: "Mama? Let's sing."
After picking him up, we sing a couple rounds of Twinkle Twinkle. While singing, he squeezes so tightly around my neck, snuggling right into my face. After we finish,
Hudson: "I missed you, Mama." "I love you."
(heart melted) me: "How sweet, Hudson. "I love and missed you, too!"
Hudson: "Mama? It's sunny tommorrow. Let's go somewhere."

I love that sweet boy. 
And these little bedtime moments are my favorite kinds.

25 comments:

jeannie said...

Can he get any sweeter!!!!

JRuud said...

What a sweetheart!

jessica said...

He's too cute!

Ashley Slater said...

oh how precious! It makes me want a babe of my own so badly :)

Petchie said...

Aww how adorable!! I can't wait to have little ones of my own for pictures like these!

xoxo
Petcihe
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

My Journey With Candida said...

These are things you will remember forever. I visit a lot of blogs, but not many show the love for their child like you do.

Megan said...

Aww, how precious! I love the little lists of things they can come up with to prolong going to bed, cracks me up.

Passed out said...

Every night is just a little different. I must say that bedtime is one of my favorite times with Hudson. We have started reading a book to him each night. He will sit in our laps after picking out a book. We will read one then he will want to pick out another. Once we are done reading it is time for our bedtime prayer. Hudson puts his little head on my shoulder and listens as I pray. At the end he always says Amen. I always go back in to get one last look for the day just before I go to bed.

Sweet dreams Hudson and I LOVE YOU!!!

misc.alaina said...

Just precious!!

Tickled Pink said...

So cute!! Man, I long for that!! My little guys still screams and fights going to bed every night! :(

Courtney B said...

Oh my. SO sweet.
That's it! I need a baby of my own! I'll tell hubs to get right on it when he gets home ;) Haha! I kid... sorta.

Meredith said...

awhhh, heart just melted right there.

Shutterbug said...

awww...so cute!

Meri said...

Aww I love bedtime songs! It reminds me of when I used to sing my niece to sleep so she'd nap :)

Jillian Hanes said...

This got me teary eyed. So sweet.

Haley K said...

oh. my. adorable.

The pics of your darling, sleeping boy made me smile :) And I loved reading about his nightly routine :) Especially that sweet story...I'm sure singing together right before going to bed makes for the sweetest of dreams! xoxo

Haley K said...

PS - yay for play-doh! How cute that Hudson likes to make footballs :) and in regards to breakfast for dinner...we had sausage, but now I'm craving bacon ;)

Lula said...

aw those sweet moments!

Kaitlyn said...

Awww, what a cute little sleeper! :)
just letting you know!
You've been tagged

check it out here

rachel said...

Be. Still. My. HEART!!! how did you not just explode ont he spot? he is THE sweetest boy! oh Hudson....you melt my heart <3

Andrea said...

I would simply melt! what a little sweetheart:)
P.S You were tagged on my blog!

Shannon said...

I didn't think it was possible for Hudson to get any sweeter, but look at that, he did! What an awesome little boy.

kira said...

That is so sweet, I hope my little girl wants to sing with me someday :)

Mariel Torres said...

there is definitely nothing more precious than a sleeping baby!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this is such an adorable post! What a sweetie he is and the pictures are just so cute.