12.12.2011

The Perfect Holiday Outfit


Hello everyone! I am Virginie from the blog Virginie's Cinema where I share inspiration about personal style and leading a creative lifestyle. It's so nice to meet you all! I make movies with my husband in Canada and believe in dressing in a way that helps us achieve our dreams! Ashley and I share a love for the Holiday season and pretty outfits and so when she invited me to be a guest I knew I had to share a Christmas inspired ensemble!
 I wanted to show you how to combine garments in a way that makes them  perfect for our many Holiday parties and events. When dressing for the Holidays I think it's best to surrender to our elements and let ourselves be way inspired by the shiny decorations, green and red palette, twinkle lights and wrapping paper! I love a textured dress with a great doll-like silhouette this time of year, kind of chic yet a little whimsical and dressier. I went with a lighter color inspired by the snowy scenery for the dress and a bright tight to add a great dynamic Christmas like punch to the outfit that is also used throughout the finishing details in lip and nail colors. Red is my favortie color for December! Statement jewelry, like this ring, is always great for a more special look and I love a slick heel with a feminine detail, it's always great for remixing throughout the year and keeps us feeling sassy! The Holiday season is also a celebration of the colder weather and snow, so faux fur is the perfect accessory to go with! This look is comfortable and classy yet feels special and fancy. It would be great for your office party, your family dinner or even your New Year's celebration!
Dressing up a great way to make the special events in our life a little more magical! The Holiday are a whimsical time of the year and we don't have to spend a ton of money to have an amazing time with our loved ones! Little things like a pretty dress and a great thrited pair of heels can go a long way in creating the cheerful and joyful feeling that fills our heart during the Holidays season, the most wonderful time of the year!
I'd love to hear what special touches will go into your Holiday look too!
My very best wishes to all of you for the Holidays and an extra big thank you to Ashley for having me over on her fabulous blog! 
As we say in French: Joyeux Noël!
Shop this look!
Dress: ModCloth
Jacket: Forever21
Heels: thrifted
Ring: ModCloth
Lipstick: Cover Girl in Classic Red.

23 comments:

NaNa said...

Wow what a gorgeous outfit! The pop of red really makes the whole look amazing and has a very strong christmas feel. Love it!
x

Jennifer said...

Very cute! Wish I could pull off something like that! Oh well!

jeannie said...

Cute outfit for the holidays! I love the pop of red.

Virginie's Cinema said...

Thank you so much my friend for having me over! That little header you made for my post will have me smiling all day, your so sweet!

ps: I love this outfit!!


Virginie ♥

Haley K said...

my goodness you are lovely!!! loved the scenery you chose to model that fantastic outfit in. I adore how that dress has glamor with the black, white, and lace, yet the short & full skirt adds to its sweetness :) And your RED TIGHTS!! love 'em.

xo
Haley

Gentri said...

Yep, that IS the perfect holiday outfit! Always gorgeous Virginie!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

LOVe the outfit!

kira said...

I love that heart ring, so pretty!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I LOVE your outfit! That dress is adorable!

Saint Nick said...

That is a cute outfit. I can see why Ashley loves your since of fashion. I am sure she will be pulling some ideas from your post.

As for my outfit. It goes like this. Hey Swoop, What do I need to wear?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Seriously, this outfit is ADORABLE! I love everything about it!

Amber said...

thats such a lovely dress. Love the lace detail.

Janette said...

LOOOVE it all.. Is that a chalk paint heart ring????? WOW!


Janette, the Jongleur

Virginie's Cinema said...

It's not chalk paint but that would be amazing!!

Reina said...

i love your dress ^.^

Emma Frances said...

I absolutely adore this holiday inspired look! Gorgeous! :]

Jen @ redsolesandredwine said...

I love this entire outfit! Lace and red tights, gorgeous.

Red Soles and Red Wine

Meri said...

These photos/ outfit is so gorgeous with the contrast of the black and white with the red! Thanks for the inspiration!

Autumn said...

I love how vibrant the tights are on the snow :) so pretty!

Mr Lonely said...

walking here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =D

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

Megan said...

What a gorgeous outfit! Love how classic it looks and how bright the red is.

Cara-Mia said...

Great outfit! You can truly pull off red tights.

And the heart ring is amazing.

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

Virginie is the most sensational dresser, i always am smitten to pieces over her ensembles. harsh crushing over this red tight poppin', lace detailed creation...something that's a little daring and at the same time feels completely demure. beautiful share!

Ashley i'm lovin' on the way you've featured all these fine ladies, adore those frames and the whimsical intros you made for everyone. kudos!!! xoox ♥