12.15.2011

The Magic of Christmas

Hi readers of Ashley's blog! I'm Raven from A Momma's Desires & Pacifiers.
Ssshhhh....do you hear?
You have to be really quiet, but if you listen closely, you can hear the sounds of little elves running around at the North Pole frantically trying to finish every little present that all the little boys and girls have so patiently waited for all year long.
Ok, so that was pretty cheesy, but the holidays seem to do that to me. Especially Christmas. I'm trying to find the right words to accurately describe how I feel about this time of year without being too cliche or, well, cheesy, but in all honesty, this IS the most magical time of year. 
I have always loved the month of December, and not only because my birthday falls exactly one week prior to Christmas. (Got that friends?) I've loved it for what it represents. The family getting together. The winter snow. Minor things like ski trips and candy canes and major things like the birth of Jesus. Christmastime has always been special to me. But you know what suddenly makes Christmas that much more incredible?
Children. 
And seeing Christmas through their eyes. Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(the little one can be a grump at times)

 We spent Christmas in Hawaii last year. Not to sound like a complete debbie downer, but it is just NOT the same. Something about being able to wear your beach attire on the 25th of December is just not right. Photobucket Photobucket Not to mention the fact that my little one stayed home with my parents last year. Which meant I would be spending his very first Christmas away from him. Strike two. So this year? We are gonna do it up big. My first Christmas with BOTH my boys. And there darn well better be snow. Photobucket Photobucket (Snowy December at the Smith household)

 Want to see something entertaining? A little side-by-side action...
  Naughty. Photobucket (Gunner on left, 2008. Colt on right, 2010)
  Nice. Photobucket (Gunner on left, 2008. Colt on right, 2010)

Photobucket (Christmas Day, Hawaii, 2010)
Merry Christmas friends. Wherever you are.
xoxo
Raven

26 comments:

Faith said...

ahhh, so sweet! love this post and i absolutely agree that Christmastime is the best time of the whole year! love Raven too!

Petchie said...

Great post! I follow Raven and I love her blog, the pictures are really cute too!

xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

My Journey With Candida said...

Oh my... look at all that snow. I sure DON'T miss it. We have had a very mild winter so far and I hope it stays that way.

Sarah said...

oh how cuteee are your two boys! love! so glad you're gonna be spending this christmas with them. :) definitely gonna be a blast! i'm yet to experience a white christmas but it sure does look beautiful!

have a lovely christmas, raven! x

Amanda said...

Christmas in Hawaii?! What a great holiday cheer post! Makes me so excited for Christmas a week from Sundayyyy

A Running North Pole Elf said...

I joke with Ashley and call you my blog follower. Anyway great post and I agree there is nothing better than being at home with your family for the holidays. Hope you have a Merry Christmas with some snow.

Merry Christmas!

Fabrizia said...

Such a nice post, I enjoyed it a lot! I like your sense of style! Wonderful photos!

Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

Lindsey said...

ummm. Rob's body? I didn't know he was hiding ALL THAT underneath those shirts of his. Hellllloooo hubby. You think this little romance him and I have going is all pretend, but it's very real.

Moving on ...

I am so jealous of your snow. Like you don't even know. You can still wear shorts in texas right now. WAAAAHHH! i want a white christmsa.

I love Gunner and Colt. Those pics are so presh!!!

O'Melly said...

I lvoe these little Christmas features you are doing! Cute idea! Merry Ho-ho!

JRuud said...

Awww I love this blog!! :) So cute. Loving the pics.

♥Jess said...

LOVED this post Raven!

I wish we had SNOW on Christmas. Last year it snowed {not really} the day after {which I ONLY think it did because it was the exact moment Aaron proposed} but it was like not even snow. It was so light and flurry. I didn't stick however us southerns were STOKED! But it wasn't even cold. We probably wouldn't be about to swin the in Ocean - who am I kidding, we would not be able to swin the in Ocean but it's defintely usually sunny & hot on Christmas Day here in South Georgia. I just hope for cold weather!

Once again, great post! Loved the kids pictures!

ashley said...

I am not a fan of snow- I'm totally okay spending the holiday in my swimsuit ;)
Love all the pictures of the family!!

Lucy said...

I don't want to sound mean and I love your blog, you are so funny Raven. But how could you spend Christmas away from one of your boys? Let alone on his very 1st Christmas? Was it a situation where you would have lost lots of money or something? There is just no way I could do that.

Coug Britt said...

Hey Lucy with the NOH8 picture. Starting out with "I don't want to sound mean" or "not to be rude" or "don't take this the wrong way" should be a cue to leave your comment to yourself, because you know it will 'sound' mean. I would think people who advertise the NOH8 picture would be more aware of not judging and accepting people for who they are.

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

this post was great! adore everything christmas, and all those pictures are great!!!
xo TJ

Janette said...

CUUUUUUTE kids! Love the bear hoodie!


Janette the Jongleur

Lisa @ MMT said...

So sweet! Raven's little boys look so much alike! I love Christmastime too and children do make it that much more special!

Gentri said...

hahaha! Love the naught and nice pics. Hilarious and adorable. :)

Jennifer {The Thrifty Military Wife} said...

Love the pictures of your boys! I actually live in Hawaii so Im lovin' this 80 degree weather right now :)

meghan said...

I live in Tampa now but am from Tennessee. I agree that when you can wear flipflops in December it just isn't right!

Stephanie said...

I've always wondered if being on vacay on Christmas day was weird...can always depend on Raven to lay it out there for all of us! Ha!

God love those children of hers!!! How precious!!

Raven said...

aww loved posting for you Ashley, thanks so much for asking!! and to YOU a Running North Pole Elf, I AM your blog follower, however I have been very bad lately :(

forgive? I will definitely make it up to you!!

love your adorable family!!

Meri said...

awww what little christmas cuties! Even the crying ones, but especially in the snow!

Haley K said...

yes yes YES! Christmas has always been magical :) but it has definitely been taken up a few notches since having our little boy!...seeing him enjoy the Christmas tree lights, be in awe of the snow, give kisses to the baby Jesus doll we have, and when I wrap his presents I think of him enjoying them...oh i just love it!! Your children are DARLING!! And you seem like such a sweet mom :) Merry Christmas to you & your family Raven!

Shellsea said...

I agree...I love Christmas through children's eyes. And, I did Christmas in Hawaii once- not a fan.

Michelle (michabella) said...

Such cute babies!!! Raven, you would hate Christmas in FL then...lol. Prettttty much the same as in Hawaii! I wouldnt mind a white Christmas!