12.16.2011

Christmas at Disney World


Happy Holidays Ashley's lovely readers! My name is Gentri and I blog over at Gentri Lee. Today I'm going to share with you one of my favorite Christmas memories! 
Photobucket 
 Right after I graduated high school (literally... I moved two days after) I packed up my bags and moved to Florida to fulfill a dream of mine- to work for Disney in entertainment. It was a great experience made even more fun by the fact that I was there during the Holidays. Christmas at Disney World is a dream. The weather is perfect- cold but not too cold, they even have fake snow falling on Main Street, there are Holiday shows and parades happening all the time, Christmas music plays 24/7, they even have Hot Cocoa and Sugar Cookies on every corner free for all! I was lucky and was able to participate in the Christmas parade. It was so much fun and an experience not many people get and one I will never forget. Photobucket 
(I know these pictures are not good, but I did not have a great camera back then...) 
 What's one of your favorite Christmas memories?? 
 Thank you so much Ashley for letting me guest post! This was so much fun to look back and remember this great time of my life. 
 Merry Christmas everyone! 
 Love, Gentri

13 comments:

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Hey Gentri! Great to see you here. Yes, we live in Disney central...but we never go! Lol, even with the discounted florida rate it's still too much. But it is fun...they do a lot for Christmas!

My Journey With Candida said...

Christmas would be a blast at Disney World.

jordan said...

Ah love this, how fun to celebrate with Disney!

Jillian Hanes said...

I worked for Disney in California and if you have to work on Christmas, it is the best place. All the kids are so excited and it is decorated so beautifully! Loved every minute working there!

Pop Champagne said...

I would love to go to Disney World one day.. I've never been!!

A Cold Mickey Mouse said...

This sounds fun. I would love to take Hudson and Ashley to Disney World around Christmas time as long as we could all be home for Christmas. I can't wait to take Hudson for the first time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Gentri said...

Thank you so much Ashley!

TheUrbanUmbrella said...

Thats a great story, I would love to work at Disney! That sounds like so much fun!!



The Urban Umbrella
xoxo

Amber said...

thats sounds like such a great time. I've actually never been to Disney World (I was a deprived child).

Haley K said...

how AWESOME is that??? working at disney world, where everyday you dress up an get to make people smile :) Gentri is simply as sweet as they come :) I've been to Disneyland just once and it was in the spring...but I have "go to Disneyland during Christmas time" on my bucketlist, maybe i'll have to change it to Disney World!! Free hot cocoa and sugar cookies, parades, and pretend snow on Main Street...sounds magical :)

Ashley Slater said...

I love Gentri. I love DIsney. I love this blog.

A TRIFECTA OF LOVE!

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

awesome share, i adore Gentri! she's got the right idea with a Disneyland trip...total magic! xo ♥

Anne said...

Disneyland is an incredible amusement park. The rides and decorations are all based on the wonderful Disney characters we have all grown to love. Hope to be here someday with my kids. Stroller for twins