11.06.2011

I'm a Doctor. Didn't you know?

A very talkative toddler makes life very entertaining.
-----------------------------------------------------

--Will and Hudson were watching tv, and Hudson noticed some food on his blanket.
Will: "What's that?"
Hudson: "A booger."
Will (laughing): "Go show it to Mama."
Hudson: (very quietly) "no." (then very loudly) "YUCK!"

--Hudson loves to playing "Talking Santa" on my iPhone. It has a Santa Claus and a snowman, and apparently he has gotten the two confused....he now always refers to Santa as "Sanman". While out shopping one day we saw a decorative Santa.....
me: "Look, Hudson, there's Santa!"
Hudson: "No, Mama! SANMAN!"

--Hudson decided he wanted to sit in his high chair. Nevermind that he hasn't sat in it in over a year....and he never particularly liked sitting in it at all. After sitting comfortably for a few minutes, watching me prepare dinner, he grew bored, and asked to watch Casper. But he didn't want to get out of the high chair. Will moved him (in the chair) to the den to watch the movie. He then proceeded to yell at me from the comfort of his seat....."Food!!! Foooooood, Mama!!!!"

--Hudson walking through the kitchen; he pauses beside me...
Hudson: "Hello, nice to meet you."
....then keeps walking.

--Hudson walking through the house....
Hudson (in a robot style voice): "I'm a danger. I'm a danger."
....this is a favorite phrase thanks to his favorite show, Max & Ruby.

--Hudson and I were walking into church on the day before Halloween. There was a lady standing outside on the sidewalk shaking a white tablecloth out after a breakfast meeting. Hudson grabbed tight to me and said "Oh! A GHOST!"

--Hudson saw me wearing my earbud headphones while I was working on my computer. He came over and looked at me in utter amazement, then said "Mama a doctor?".
Ha. I wish, baby.

30 comments:

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Seriously he is the cutest kid ever. I hope my kids will be just as darling!!! Oh my gosh his little self and the little things he says...love it!!! Cute cute cute boy!

Ashley
Giveaway!

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness how cute!! I know that episode of Max & Ruby you're talking about too! :)

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Nice to meet you hahaha, so hilarious.

Ana said...

hahahaha Gotta love that age.

Kristie Price said...

Oh, these are great! Love them. The one with the highchair is priceless. I can totally picture it. haha.

Haley K said...

oh the day Brooks says "booger" i think i'll pass out from laughing so hard :) loved that blanket story!

and Max and Ruby is the cutest little show :) Lately, I think I like it more than Brooks. lol

and what a thinker! he made the connection of headphones looking like a stethoscope! love it :) I wish I was a doctor too...no more long drives just to get, "It's a virus, so just have him gets lots of sleep and drink lots of liquids." *sigh*

What a sweet, hilarious, smart little man you have :)

Laura Elizabeth said...

What a cutie patootie!! Seriously :) He's a keeper!!!

Candice said...

Haha this SO adorable!! "nice to meet you.." too funny! He's so so precious :)

Amanda said...

Perfect way to start my day! Too darn cute for words! And made me laugh out loud.

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

Don't they come up with the best stuff! I once told tate that I wasn't going to argue. And he said arge me, mom.

My Journey With Candida said...

Well, you sure don't lack for entertainment at your house. Hudson seem to keep all of you very well entertained.

So cute!!

Cindy P said...

love love love it! So wonderfully cute. I love toddlers and the funny things they say. =)

jeannie said...

Sweet Hudson continues to amaze me. I enjoyed having you and Hudson come for a visit yesterday. He is so entertaining and sweet. Love that little boy!!!!!

Tunes and Spoons said...

that babe of yours is one funny little man!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Love the "nice to meet you" comment. I bet you were wondering "darn, why can't you be that polite when you actually meet new people!" ;)

So cute.

A Food Booger said...

This is great! Hudson has said some very funny things and some things we are just like where did you learn that?

I was hoping he would take that food booger over and wipe it on you. I wish I could have seen him stop and tell you nice to meet you.
I should have plopped down in my chair and started yelling for my dinner to.

When I got back yesterday from helping your dad on the farm. I ask Hudson what all he did. Then I said well I went down to help your Granddad on the farm and he said Granddad and Cows.

LOVE YOU!!!

amy b.s. said...

that photo is so beautiful!

Amylou said...

these have to be my favorite posts on your blog! Hudson says the sweetest things!
Loved the "Nice to meet you!" haha! So polite!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Haha he is so adorable! Seriously, job well done :)

Liz said...

How adorable! Out of the mouths of babes...they crack me up.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Lol these are great!

misc.alaina said...

He is just too funny! Love the booger scene, and you could totally be a doctor!

Virginie's Cinema said...

Hudson is so sweet and funny! I'm having major baby fever these days and Hudson is not helping, being the coolest kid around and all!

But I promise to wait t'ill this movie is done before making him a little cyber friend...

Your family rocks my dear!

Virginie ♥

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

I love the "hello nice to meet you" story! Hahaha!

Meri said...

hahaha- could you get Hudson to make an illustration of a "sanman" in a couple of years? I would really like to see that :)

Shalyn said...

Nice to meet you? HAHAHAHA Oh, I could die. Too cute. My question is why your husband found it necessary for little man to show you the booger, HA. TOTALLY something mine would do:-)

Courtney B said...

Foooooood, mama!! Hahahaha!
If my kids are anything like me or Eric, that's what we'll be hearing out of their mouths the most ;)

Emma Frances said...

How funny! He is so cute!! I can't wait to keep track of all the funny things my future chillens say! Haha.

Faith said...

he is too cute and seriously hilarious! haha!

Janette said...

Ahhh! So cute! The doctor one was the best!

Janette, the Jongleur