7.06.2011

Thailand Sun & Fun: Guest Post by Katrina

Hello! This is Katrina from The Demure Muse and I'm so excited to be over here at Hudson's Happenings today. Ashley and I met in 2010 when we were both doing the 30 for 30 remix challenge and have been playing a ton of Words With friends (we're such Scrabble nerds!) ever since. When I'm not blogging about my ever-changing personal style or cooking experiments, I love to travel. I recently backpacked around Asia for 4 weeks and am here to share with you photos from my favorite beach, Kata Noi, in Phuket, Thailand. 

Whenever I'm heading to the beach, I love to dress in light, thin layers. I won't even try to pass this off as being fashionable, as I was standing in 104F heat (with humidity) and wanted nothing more than to keep cool. Thankfully, the sun wasn't beating down on my friends and I this day when we went to the beach. 

Kata Noi beach is known for their large surfing waves that break fairly far from the shore, even in the mid afternoon. Coming from someone who has only ever attempted to surf once in my life, I wasn't about to try my luck with these waves. Instead, I wanted nothing more than to wade in the water. Sadly, rough waves and bikini bottoms don't seem to be the best of friends! :P


On this particular night, I stayed to watch the sun set on the beach. The colors in the sky were absolutely breath taking and unlike anything I have ever seen in North America. 




I hope you are all having a wonderful summer so far! Get to a beach before the beautiful weather leaves. Your inner beach-baby will thank you later. ;)

10 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love seeing beaches in different countries. Kata Noi is a beautiful beach. Your pictures are awesome, some good photography. Enjoyed your post.

MaviDeniz said...

such a beautiful place!! i love that last pic :)

Xo

Mrs. Biscuit said...

Those sunsets are absolutely stunning! I especially love the first sunset picture, those colors are so vibrant and incredible! I've never seen anything quite like that!

Alright, Thailand is definitely going on my travel wish list!! =)

<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Janette said...

Oh wow!! What a magical place! Love the pictures! Especially the sunset ones! Oh la la!

Janette, the Jongleur

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

oh man. I always adored the idea of a surfing life. Seems so so exciting!!!

A soon to be Kata Noi Beach Bum, well maybe said...

WOW! This beach looks awsome. Ok so I have now added yet another beach spot to my travel wish list for Ashley, Hudson and myself. Those sunset pictures are great!

Thanks for helping Ashley out with a guest post!!!

Sandy Joe said...

WHOA. Honestly.... just blown away. The last three photographs are incredible. INCREDIBLE.

x The Pretty Secrets

Haley K said...

yay for inner beach babies! ;) I cannot get over those sunset photos...STUNNING. What an adventure to backpack around Asia! Thank you for sharing a bit of your trip with us Katrina :)

patty said...

those photos are beautiful <3

thedemuremuse.com said...

Thanks so much for having me, Ashley! I'm glad you all enjoyed the photos. ♥