7.20.2011

Newsletter from Mama: Month 22


Sweet Hudson,

I apologize that I am just now writing about June, your 22nd month, but we've been such busy little bees this summer! They say that time flies when you are having fun, and that couldn't be more true. Your dad and I have been having such a wonderful time watching you grow...and you do such a fantastic job at entertaining us, Mr. Personality!

I know I've told you this before, but, oh boy, do you love to sing! You sing every day, whether it's "Rain Rain Go Away" or "Old McDonald Had a Farm" or the chorus of "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele....you are a singing machine. You quickly learn the words to the songs I play in the car, and love to belt them out when we are riding. You even know your ABC's and love to sing them loud and proud.

You talk ALL the time. Talk, Talk, Talk. You speak in small sentences now. "Go outside, Mama?" "Hey, Bear, where'd you go?" "Bye Bye, See ya!" "Ready, set, GO!" ...and lots more. You are very capable of using your words to tell us exactly what you want. It's true, sometimes you get things a little confused- you say "down" when you want to be held, but we know what you mean.  I love having a little guy to talk to during the day.

One huge thing that you've started to do lately is spell the letters of your name. Whenever we color, I will write your name, and then I'll spell it out loud. Now you are able to spell your name when I ask you  and say the letters when I point to them. What a smart little boy, you are! You are still counting to 10, and sometimes you will count backwards. Your intelligence never ceases to amaze me.

You have recently gotten very attached to your Blumpy (blanket) and you have started to ask to take it to bed with you. You also like to have "cool cars" or a "choo-choo" with you when you go to sleep.  During the day, you love pushing your little vehicles around, or playing with the animals in your barn or the pirates on your ship. You like to sit in your police car with your bears. And you love watching Max and Ruby. You sing along to the theme song every time, and you laugh out loud when Max does something funny.

I wish I could put into words how happy you make me. I think you are absolutely perfect. Of course, you are very much a toddler who has become quite independent, and we hear "No!" a lot, accompanied by a frowny scowl, but this is just another step in your journey to become an amazing little person who has thoughts and emotions and opinions of his own. You always make up for your bouts of disagreeableness with lots and lots of sweet hugs and kisses. Simply put, you are the best. All the time.

I love you more and more and more each day, little Hudson.

Love,
Mama

17 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

What a sweet shot of your boy. Love.

Cindy P said...

♥ He is such a lucky little boy!

Michelle (michabella) said...

He is so precious <3 Love this picture!

Haley K said...

happy 22 months little hudson!! and you're almost 23 months now...grow up a little slower, for your sweet momma's sake ;)

Ashley how incredibly endearing that you have a little entertainer/singer on your hands :) i still remember the video you shared of him singing to the radio in the car. SO CUTE. And he's a brainiac too! spelling his name and counting...keep up the good work! And about the parts where he may be a little sassy (my little B has lots of sass in him;) you're so awesome to look at it and know that it's just him forming his personality, his opinions, and figuring out the world around him. Overall I can tell you have quite the tender, fun-loving little man on your hands :) xoxoxo

HAPPY HAPPY MAN said...

Hudson, I am taken back each day when I walk in from work and I hear mom say "Go show dada what you can do". You are learning so much each and every day. You are such a happy little guy. You still love to be outside with us. You will be walking along bare foot with us in the grass and strike up some cords. You might even start saying the dogs names and wanting us to take you to the backyard to see the girls. I love playing with your cool cars on the floor. I will start to line them up and here you come with the train who pushes through the line up. I am also so amazed at what a great job your mom does at teaching you new things. I love you Hudson and I could not be prouder of you.

LOVE YOU!!!

Charles said...

amazing post. very sweet!
xx

http://charlesbgoode.blogspot.com

Mariel Torres said...

Sweetest post ever!
By the way, your prize is on its way darling :D

Jeannie said...

Hudson it is so hard to believe that you are getting close to 2 years old. What a joy you have been to all of us. Granddad and I love you more than you will ever know and we can't get enough of you. I am amazed at how quickly you are learning new things. You are so blessed to have parents that adore you and love spending time with you. I love the picture. Stay sweet. We love you bunches.

Jeannie said...

Hudson it is so hard to believe that you are getting close to 2 years old. What a joy you have been to all of us. Granddad and I love you more than you will ever know and we can't get enough of you. I am amazed at how quickly you are learning new things. You are so blessed to have parents that adore you and love spending time with you. I love the picture. Stay sweet. We love you bunches.

Jeannie said...

OOPS!!!

Eva Marie said...

What a sweet sweet mama you are! You are both so lucky to have each other. That picture is just darling and I am sure it will always flood back memories of your special time on the beach.

The faster the days go by the more I get a little sad at just how fast our babies grow, and how few summers we will truly get with them in this pint size goodness..

But embrace it like we do.

Laura Elizabeth said...

Oh, this is such a lovely idea. He will love to have this to look back on when he's older. I feel like I say this every time I comment, but your family is so sweet!!!

Chelsea Lane said...

BIG AWH. I love you guys. so cute!

xoxo

ashley noelle said...

So sweet :) "Blumpy"- how cute! That made me smile :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

it's so cute when kids wnat to sleep with certain toys. my 2.5 year old likes to sleep with little froggies and dinosaurs while my other one stopped sleeping with toys (used to sleep with about 5 at once, like Woody and Buzz). awww. i love reading these!! so cute to see how he's growing and changing!

Shay said...

I love these so much. I hope one day you will print all of them and put them in a book for him to have- so special! Can you believe you almost have a 2-year old? He sounds a lot like my little nephew!

jennifer blair said...

So sweet Ashley!