7.04.2011

Beachy Wows & Woes: Guest Post by Janette

Bonjour Hudson's Happenings readers! My name is Janette(remember me?) and I'm here to talk about something beachy while Ashely is away on her sunny adventure. Usually you'll find me at my humble & happy blog home, Janette the Jongleur, where I document my life adventures with Lovey (my hubaloo) and showcase my photography and other wonders of the www. (So check it out if you're so inclined...) Anyway... Lets get back on track! Do you like the beach?  The expected answer is a resolute "yes", right? Well, not for me friends! I have mixed feelings about my local coasts. Always have. I've lived 30 minutes away from the sandy shores my entire life, and yet, I can't say I'm entirely overcome by bliss when I'm there... So, today I'm making a decision!! Once and for all! I've made a list of the things I love about the beach and the things I could do without..All in hopes of reaching a final verdict... Here we go!


While I could do without wishing for temporary episodes of blindness (Woe #4) and the ridiculous parking fees, I could not live without having a bonfire every once in a while. Those are memory makers, friends!!! So, yes it's official. Let it be known to all that this Jongleur loves the beach! So next time you ask, I'll say, "Yes. Yes. I love the beach!" Good bye mixed feelings!

Now, what about you?! Do you like the beach? Or do the Woes outweigh the Wows? Or vice versa? Comment away below!

Well prettypies, thanks for reading and hope to see you around Jongleurville soon...



Have a happy day!

16 comments:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ahh feetsies in the ocean water..nothing better :) Sand in a perfectly good burger is no beuno!

XO Lindsay

Andrea Neudorf said...

I've only been to the beach once, and that was on my honeymoon, in Cuba, so ya I think it's safe to say that I LOVE the beach! And I would love to be able to see a beach again sometime in my life.

Diana Smith said...

haha this is so cute! I love the pictures and funny little sayings!

Breeanna @ a brilliant melody said...

I do enjoy the beach, but do not go very often (which is sad because I live about 15 minutes from it)

Love your post! What is with the speedos on men!

Shalyn said...

What a cute chart! I am with her on not being in complete bliss at the beach- I would rather be on the lake!

Cara-Mia said...

Cute post! I rarely go to the beach... I think it's fun every once in a while, though. :)

Lisa {A Piece of Lisa} said...

Ha ha that's brilliant! Janette rocks!

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

oh my J to tha J, you have done it again lades!!!! the combo serving of you, the beach and Ashley is almost too much goodness to take but yet i say gimme more!!!!!!!!!!!

i had no idea you had reservations about sand & surf. come to Van, i'll shower you with private ocean front wealth where no "marble bags" would be in sight ; )

so right Lisa, you rock!!!!!!! ♥

Jeannie said...

Alabama has some beautiful Gulf Coast beaches. We have enjoyed many family vacations there. This is a cute post. I love your wows and woes list!!!!

Katie said...

As a fellow Southern Californian, I would agree with everything on Janette's list :)

Anonymous said...

I love nothing more than to be on vacation in a beachy location... {Sandestin, FL!} however, you will rarely find me actually on the beach... I'm more of a pool kind of girl!
-Whitney B

Amylou said...

we need to figure out how to get me to your beach and visit you since I've never been, Ms. Janette! Pretty sure we would have a swell time no matter what!

Janette said...

Thanks for your comments gals! Ya'll are greattttt! And kind! Thanks for reading!


Janette, the Jongleur

Liz said...

yech- sand sandwiches. LAME

Mr. Speedo Beadle said...

Well I must say there are way to many WOW's at the beach for me. I would take the Gulf Coast Beaches over the East Coast Beaches any day of the week. Never been to the West Coast Beaches but hope to vista them one day. With all that said I would love to have a vacation home to take Ashley and Hudson to.

Great post and thanks for posting for Ashley!!!

Haley K said...

i totally dig the concept of wow and woes :) great list!! I would LOVE to live by the beach (or maybe even have a separate beach house) some day! And i say no to speedos too! HAHAHA