6.19.2011

To the Fathers in my Life & the lazy song.


To my Dad: Who let me rent Willy Wonka every Friday night of my childhood even though it drove him crazy that I wouldn't choose a new movie, who helped me clean the dirt off my Jeep engine when I skipped school to go mud riding with my girlfriends, who trekked happily along to dance recitals and majorette competitions and only acted slightly disappointed when I didn't want to tag along on the golf course, who taught me to be both responsible and carefree, who constantly proves that patience is an excellent quality, who can always do the hardest math problems quickly and inside his head, and who showed me, by example, that it's perfectly okay to sing aloud & proud, even if you have a pretty terrible singing voice..... 

To my Father-in-Law: Who I can always count on to joke around with during family dinners, and who taught my husband to treat women with love and respect.....

And, to my Husband: Who is fun-loving and positive and constantly smiling, who doesn't mind waking up with the baby on the weekends so I can get a little bit of extra sleep, who would do anything to put a smile on Hudson's face, who works very hard so that we can live a wonderfully happy life, who gets the best giggles out of our little guy, who shows me more love every day than I could ever deserve in a lifetime, who will teach our son amazing things about how to be a strong and confident person, who is really just a blessing in our life....

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
"Direct your children onto the right path,
and when they are older, they will not leave it."
Proverbs 22:6


Now....want to WATCH HUDSON sing his new favorite song?!

22 comments:

christine donee said...

Happy Father's Day to all of them!

Meri said...

haha- that is definitely love not to shut off the Willy Wonka haha. I'm so afraid of that movie!

Gentri said...

Our dads sound a lot alike! :) happy fathers day to your dad!

Andrea said...

Happy Fathers Day to those special dads. I love the video! He is a cutiepie.

Angie Mc. said...

I can't believe Hudson is singing that song! What a little sweetie. I've watched twice. :)

Shalyn said...

Such a sweet post, Ashley! I love the part about Willy Wonka- what a great guy! Happy Fathers day to all the sweet men in your life!

Soph said...

I love that you went mud riding! My dad always wanted a boy, so he tried to get me to golf, too! Your husband sounds pretty great, too!!

Laura Elizabeth said...

Hudson singing along is TOO CUTE!!! Such a lucky lady to be serenaded by that boy :)

It's not Fathers' Day over here but thank you for the reminder to cherish our dads.

The Gists said...

OMG I just love that little Hudson! That video is too cute!

A HAPPY DAD said...

Well THANK YOU so much Swoop. I can't do any of the things I do with out the support of you and Hudson. Ya'll make my day each and every day. With a start of Hudson saying DADA and your kindness through out the day. Thank you for making our family perfect.

I LOVE YA'LL and THANK YOU for a great Father's Day!!!

What a great video! I am always so amazed at our little guy!

jennifer blair said...

Aw, this is so sweet! I hope they all had a great Father's Day! I love that your dad let you rent Willie Wonka all the time! I loved that movie too! :)

Jeannie said...

Ashley what a cute video of little Hudson singing. Too sweet! Will is so good to you and a good role model for Hudson. We love you Will and again "Happy Fathers Day".

~ Kelly Ann ♥ said...

SOOOO CUTE! Hudson singing- what a cutie pie!!

Janette said...

Awww! Such sweet thoughts! You know, I don't think I've ever watched Willy Wonka... Ahh! Did I even spell that right??? Ahhh! Or worse? Is that a deal breaker???! Hope we are still pals after that admission :-/ And you know I'm super duper duper bummed that my speakers at work are lame and dead. Must revisit this post later so I can hear Hudson singing.. Wouldn't miss it! He's soo cute!


Janette, the Jongleur

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Aww, what a beautiful tribute to the dads in your life. Love this. Also, the video of Hudson is hilarious! Love that he is shaking his head while singin' to it. So cute!

Meredith said...

what a sweet post/video.
love <3

Sarah said...

Oh such fun! Looked like a totally kick-ass Father's Day celebration! :) Hudson is as gorgeous as always! Love your photos, Ashley. x

Haley K said...

Happy Fathers Day to those 3 wonderful men!! I love that your Dad rented Willy Wonka over and over for you :) and that he helped you wash your car know you had got it dirty while skipping class ;) And your husband seems like such a great man...thank goodness we have wonderful men for our sons to look up to! :)

and that video of HUDSON!! ADORABLE! He seems so little/young to sing along to songs! what a little stud :)

Raven said...

WHY DOES YOUR HUSBAND SEEM SO PERFECT??? Honestly, his comments are so the best. Loved everything you had to say to the awesome fathers in your life. And Hudson singing was adorable. Gunner asked to watch it three times :)

ashley.warner said...

happy dads day to your special dads in your life.

hudson singing made me smile! what a sweetie you've got there!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

oh goodness. Let's sing "I Want it Now" together, please? I sing it constantly for fun. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is my 3rd favorite movie ever.

Pink Sun Drops said...

Awwwww, so CUTE!!