5.11.2011

Newsletter from Mama: Month 20


Dear Sweet Pea,

You are 20 months old and you are the happiest boy in the world. This month has brought so much excitement: running and jumping and exploring and loving and laughing. You are quickly changing right before my eyes. Over the course of the past two months you have transformed from a babbling toddler, to a conversational little guy. Your intelligence amazes me. I could throw a party daily to celebrate all of your achievements. I love nothing more than spending time with you and watching you grow....which seems to happen all too fast.

Here are some things that I am loving this month:
-You have learned to give kisses. After puckering up, you always say "Muah!"
-You said "Love You" for the first time on May 9th...what a perfect surprise. You have the sweetest little voice.
-You love to sing! Your favorite right now is Old MacDonald, and you say: "Eeee-Iiii-Eeeee-Iiiii-Ooooo. Moo Moo." You also sing Itsy Bitsy Spider and Head & Shoulders, Knees and Toes. If any other song is on, you usually sing along "Lalalala" or "DaaaDaDaDoo".
-You are enjoying the summer weather so much. You love to be outside blowing "bubbles" and drawing with "chalk".
-We have been going to sing-along time at the library. Every week you sit quietly in my lap, watching the hand motions and listening to the music. At the last class before summer break, you tossed your blanket (that you insisted on taking in with you) aside, stood up in the middle of the circle, and led the group by performing every hand motion to every song. At the end of each song you clapped for yourself and said "yaaaay!". What a charmer.
-You will whole-heartedly try to repeat any word we ask you to say.
-You have started to fake-laugh. And fake-cry, too.
-You smile really big when I tell you no.
-You still love to talk about "Mama" and "DaDa" all day long. Sometimes you say "Daddy" and "Mommy".
-You love making new friends at the playground. You watch what the other little ones do, then follow right along. You finally started to want to slide. You say "wheeee!"
-You beg to brush your "teeeee" (teeth)
-You say "hello" or "hey" or "hi" to strangers when we are out and about. If they ignore you, you just get louder. Sometimes you even wave your little arm so that they will pay you some attention.
-You give the best hugs.
-You don't like to get dirty. You stepped in some fresh cut grass, and it stained your little toes green. You cried that you were "deity". Then you said "ssssshew". (Sorry, Dada! I think he's his Mama's son. Although pretty soon we won't be able to keep him out of the dirt.)
-You love to watch for the "MaiwlMan" (Mail Man)
-Your favorite show now is Dino Dan. Oh, how you love that Dino Dan.
-If something grosses you out, you say "eeeeeeew." (for example: you did NOT like it when you found a food particle on your cup.)
-You weigh 27 pounds.
-You have started to pretend. You like to feed food and milk to your stuffed animal friends.
-You say "poo-poo" after you use the bathroom, to let me know you need your diaper changed. Sometime you even say it before you use the bathroom.
-You can count from 2-10 with our help!
-Some more things you say: "Shide!" (outside) "Melmo" (Elmo) "Bobble" (cup) "Banky" (blanket) "Beah" (bear) "Lide!" (ride) "cuukie" (cookie) "miyk" (milk) "Babba" (Yo Gabba Gabba) "chuck!" (truck) "show!" (when you want to watch tv) "coco" (colors/crayons) "Bite!" (bite of food) "Ho-Ho" (Santa Claus) "bean-beans" (green beans) "eeee-go" (there you go) "wha-go?" (where did it go?) "deritis" (there it is) "uh-oh!" and "oh-noooooooo" ....and so much more.

Whew! Look at all the awesome things you do! Your twentieth month was amazing and wonderful. Your twenty-first month will be even better....it always is.

Your Dada and I love you so much. 

Hugs & lots of kisses,
Mama


28 comments:

Alicia Stucky said...

I'm so behind on both of my children's letters. :-( My little boy turned 3 in February and I STILL can't bring myself to write about it without tearing up. Hudson is growing into such a wonderful little man! Happy 20 months :-)

Pink Sun Drops said...

He is absolutely precious. These letters are as well. Happy 20 months, as Alicia said! I need to dig up the ones I have for my 12 year old to read. I couldn't ever wait for the day he could read them, and now he hasn't even read them yet.

Meredith said...

Happy 20 months!
I'm really enjoying following his little accomplishments.
I LOVE the fact he says hello to strangers. A little girl came up to me in Costco the other day to say hello, and I melted. It's the best ever.

Jeannie said...

Happy 20 months sweet Hudson. We love watching you grow and enjoying each new thing you do or say. You have melted so many hearts along your short journey and I'm sure there will be many more. I love your hugs and kisses! Wish I could see you more often but you are always in my thoughts. Mama and Dada are very blessed to have you in their lives.

Daddy said...

Our little man is growing up so very fast. He has achieved so many tasks. He does more and more each day. I would like to say when we are outside he does like to play in the dirt but he does not want to make you mad by tracking mud or dirt into our home or car. ;) I am so proud of him. We could not have ask for a better son. I must also tell you how proud of you I am for the awesome job you are doing with him.

LOVE YA'LL MORE THAN ALL THE STARS IN THE NIGHT SKY!

Gentri said...

Oh he is so adorable!!! :) this is the best age!! They're just so cute and impossible to be upset with. I love my nieces and nephew, but if they could stay that age forever, I'd be happy. :)

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Aww I remember when Little Girl started fake laugh/cry stage. She also would fake cough which was hilarious. ;)

Meri said...

haha, "cuukie"
Is it just me or does Hudson ALWAYS have fresh rosy cheeks? what a pumpkin!

Raven said...

ooohhmygosh I loved this! Reminds me of when my 3 year old was this age and starting to do all these things and now when my 1 year old will START to do these things!!

some of the things I loved: he says hi to everyone and when they ignore him, he just gets louder and louder. HAHA! My 3 year old does the exact same thing at the grocery store. He can get pretty loud!

fake cry. That only gets worse with time.

LOVE when the little babes play pretend with their animals/toys. so cute.

and once again, love that you husband comments on here and says the sweetest things to you :)

Katie said...

what a precious post! i loved reading what he is able to do now at 20 months and those photos--forget about it! hudson just stole my heart, so adorable! thank you for sharing this with us :)

Diana Smith said...

How freaking cute is he! I love that he gives kisses!!

Katie said...

i love his cheeks! what a cutie pie

Mimi said...

Awe! This made me tear up a bit! How nice to hear him say Love you! Must feel amazing;)

The Gists said...

So precious! He really doesn't understand why the garden is locked :)

misc.alaina said...

Such a wonderful update, and love the photos of your little man, as usual! I have also called Will Sweet Pea, among other nicknames. Just precious!!

sarah nicole said...

What an angel! Your posts about Hudson make me so excited to have kids of my own. : )

xo,

Sarah

A Lost Feather said...

he is such a little doll! so cute. i loooove when little ones say hi to me when i'm out. there was a little boy waiting outside of Easter Mass for the next service and he was saying happy Easter to everyone that came outside, so cute!

i think Hudson would love a road trip hehe.. (and you too of course!) going cross country was amazing.. just took some planning. luckily at that time i was just finished with school and had the summer off to play, but it can totally still be done now in grownup world! (maybe just a bit more planning!)

Haley K said...

I absolutely loved thinking of him leading the songs of that singing group at the library! :) What a fun activity...and a fantastic way to have him love and appreciate the library early. Yay for our little bookworms! (now I'm going to see what kind of programs our library offers!:)

Hudson is playing pretend already! *sigh* what a sweet sight that's got to be...serving and sharing with his little stuffed animal friends. teehee :)

And I loved reading all the words of his little language :) What a little smooth talker ;)

My goodness you are such a wonderful, loving mama Ashley :) Hudson is such a lucky little guy!!

Mrs. Biscuit said...

His little outfits always make me so happy! They remind me of things my dad used to wear when he was a baby, perfectly proper little clothes with sweet little shoes! I LOVE IT!
The glossary of what Hudson can say and how he says them was definitely my favorite part of this post! I love the things little kids say!


<3 <3 <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Janette said...

These posts give me a case of the Awwwwwssss....Precious! I want a baby!

Janette, the Jongleur

Rachel Emma (Daydream Frenzy) said...

This is the sweetest thing ever! It made me happy to read.

:)
xx

A Lost Feather said...

he is such a little doll! so cute. i loooove when little ones say hi to me when i'm out. there was a little boy waiting outside of Easter Mass for the next service and he was saying happy Easter to everyone that came outside, so cute!

i think Hudson would love a road trip hehe.. (and you too of course!) going cross country was amazing.. just took some planning. luckily at that time i was just finished with school and had the summer off to play, but it can totally still be done now in grownup world! (maybe just a bit more planning!)

Leann @ Join the Gossip said...

What an adorable idea. I've never heard about these letter before - genius!

Courtney B said...

Ooh kisses are the best!!
Happy 20 months to your Hudson!
The cutest little boy in the world!

jelenadoll said...

Happy 20 months! and what a gorgeous letter. :)
He is the cutest !
xx

theeclecticlife said...

precious, precious, precious!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

awww what beautiful milestones, right?? I want to give him a hug!

Haley K said...

I absolutely loved thinking of him leading the songs of that singing group at the library! :) What a fun activity...and a fantastic way to have him love and appreciate the library early. Yay for our little bookworms! (now I'm going to see what kind of programs our library offers!:)

Hudson is playing pretend already! *sigh* what a sweet sight that's got to be...serving and sharing with his little stuffed animal friends. teehee :)

And I loved reading all the words of his little language :) What a little smooth talker ;)

My goodness you are such a wonderful, loving mama Ashley :) Hudson is such a lucky little guy!!