4.22.2011

I'm not an environmentalist. I am an Earth Warrior.


{Listen: Mercy Mercy Me by Marvin Gaye}

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the Earth are never alone or weary of life." - Rachel Carson







It is hard for me to imagine a world devoid of majesty and wonder. A world without lush green grass or clear blue oceans. A world where our current lifestyle is all but extinct. Unfortunately, this bleak nightmare is very possible.

If we don't take action now to preserve our beautiful Earth, our descendants may never know the environment we take advantage of today. 

If we don't protect our planet, it is possible that my little Hudson may be denied hot showers because of water shortages. He may be without basic amenities such as cable television or central air, because of the selfish squandering of non-renewable energy sources by our own thoughtless generation. 

If we don't conserve our environment and wildlife, it is possible that my little Hudson will have nowhere to escape in the summers of his future. If urban development continues to encroach on nature's landscape, he may never see the view of the Tennessee River from the the grassy banks of North Alabama. If our ecosystems are continually destroyed, it is possible that Hudson may never know of all the wondrous species that share our planet.

It's up to us to take care of the future of our Earth. It's up to us to remember those who will inherit what we will eventually leave behind. 

Happy Day to you, Earth. You are beautiful and majestic. You continually give, although we only seem to take. I hope that my generation will finally begin striving to preserve you....daily. Not just every April 22nd. 

26 comments:

misc.alaina said...

Beautifully written with beautiful photos! I am with you on this one!!

Piril Maria said...

Wonderful photos. And a great writing.
How do you edit the photos btw?




♥ Love,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

HettyA said...

So true and such a lovely post. I agree completely.

Jeannie said...

I agree. Beautiful pictures and post.

Virginie's Cinema said...

Happy Earth Day Ashley! You posts always make me feel so warm inside :)

I hope you and the family have a great week-end!

Virginie

Gwiddle said...

Agreed! Happy Earth day Ashley! These photos are so beautiful. I cannot imagine a world with little to no nature. I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your new header and background! So festive:) I hope you have a fantastic weekend pretty girl!

In My Tennis Shoes said...

love your new blog look! have been a little mia! :D but lov'n the look! have a great weekend!
~Evie

Raven said...

absolutely. I always think about that when I think about the future my two boys will have. The Earth is a marvelous thing, no? Ahh there is so much more I want to see!!

One day...one day :)

Mrs. Biscuit said...

What a beautifully communicated message. Taking care of the Earth isn't optional, and yet somehow many people seem to treat natural resources as if they were disposable. It always saddens me to visit places that were once nature that are now covered with big, concrete buildings. I think I'll ride my bike today, breath the warm air and get some sun on my skin. I love being outside!

Happy Earth Day Beautiful Earth Warrior!!!

<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Praise God for the earth He created for us to live on and enjoy!

Diana Smith said...

We live in such a beautiful world! i love your photos, soo pretty! So are you!

Its friday, friday haha

charminglychesney said...

I completely agree! everyone should really work hard to keep nature beautiful! lovely pics

Charles said...

gorgeous photos!
have a lovely weekend!
xx

http://charlesbgoode.blogspot.com

Mindy said...

I love the positivity on your blog....you have a great outlook on life. :)

bethany b. said...

Are you a photographer?If not, you should be one.

Wonderful pictures xx

Eva Marie said...

Lovely, happy day to you earth!
I think of the same things for all of our sweet children, what about tomorrow and tomorrow's tomorrow. I am gratefully I live in a city that tries to make a difference in collecting compost & recycling every week. I will teach my girl to appreciate all things beauty and to appreciate the earth we live in not only for herself but for all of us.

ps. what fab sandals :)

Renée said...

Oh these photos are so pretty! You have a beautiful family, and so are you! Enjoy your Easter weekend!

jamie-lee said...

So true! By the way, I especially love how you've captured some of the beauties on this earth, and how magical it looks x

Lisa said...

Well written! I agree 100%. Beautiful photos as always!

Cassidy said...

So beautiful! Your family is lovely!

Happy Easter darling :)

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Agreed! Also, I love the new layout, it's so different than anything you're done previously. I have to ask, do you have a background in web design? Or have you just taught yourself how to make all these fun layouts along the way. I think I'd go batty if i had to deal with a redesign more than once every few months, but it seems like yours is always changing!

Meredith said...

Amazing pictures!!!!!!
And thanks for the concern, but don't worry.
Life happens with it's ups and downs, and writing helps me get over it. Its nothing too bad :)

Captain Earth said...

Well I had a great Earth Day my lovely earthling family. We got some flowers planted over the weekend and we will get our Earth Day tree in the ground this weekend. In know one thing for sure some of my post treasured moments as a family are things we do together outside. So Thank You Earth for all you give to our family and friends.

LOVE YOU and great pictures!

Ashley Slater said...

love these pics! I didn't even know it was Earth day because I was only online for 5 seconds, never turned on my tv or anything. oh well.....

Hope you had a great Easter, I know you took pics and I can't wait to see them!!

Haley K said...

YES!! I am so grateful for our beautiful earth, and the great outdoors we're able to enjoy...I hope to do my part so my little B (and your little Hudson) years from now can soak it all up too :)

And b-e-a-utiful photos!! Ashley you do am amazing job at documenting your sweet family's memories :)

Ruby Girl said...

such sweet photos! you seem like a lovely family <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com