2.02.2011

Punxsutawney Fabulousity

Gif Created on Make A Gif

Punxsutawney Phil, that famous Pennsylvania groundhog has predicted that Spring is on it's way!! I hope he's right, because we could definitely use some warm sunshine around here! And even though his outlook is positive, I won't celebrate just yet. According to statistics, the rodent weatherman has only guessed correctly about 39% of the time. And as much of the country finds itself entrenched in fierce blizzards, I can't help but wonder if ol' Phil may be pulling our leg.

Only time will tell, I suppose. And even though Punxsutawney Phil's record of prediction is far from perfect, even the most seasoned meteorologists seem to have trouble accurately predicting weather patterns, even a few days in advance. 

So keep it up Mr. Groundhog. We'll be back next February 2nd, cheering you on as you make your declaration....even if the Winter of 2011 lasts a bit longer than you predicted.   

p.s. I apologize that I've been a pretty lousy blogger lately! Unfortunately, on Saturday I started to feel a little sick. By Monday morning, I felt horrible. After a trip to the doctor, I returned home with a bagful of medicine and antibiotics to treat a terrible cold that had progressed into a fever with a really bad ear infection. Booooo. 

p.p.s. Thanks Mom for coming to entertain little Hudson while I got some much needed rest yesterday!
**Since I've been sick for days, I don't have any recent, fun pics to post....so I made this little GIF from some photos we took before seeing Little Fockers a couple weeks ago. Hope to have some new & exciting photos up very soon! :)

26 comments:

Fashion Momma said...

LOVE your gif. So cute. :) And I want Phil to be wrong. But that's me, waaaay down here in the stupid south... with horrendously unseasonble warmth.

Megan said...

boo i am with you on the sickness train. lammeee.

Does Phil predict for the UK too or just the US?

Alabama Groundhog said...

Great little post Swoop. Hope the little hog is correcct. Bring on the spring time.

LOVE YOU

PAPA G said...

What are you doing outside?????
I thought you were SICK

Haley K said...

Oh I hope you fill better soon!!! Sending lots of healthy thoughts your way :) And I hope that little Phil is right! Brooks & I could most definitely use some warm spring weather...

PS - love the photos and the way you had them animated! you rocked that button-up :)

Jeannie said...

Ashley I love the GIF. Hope you and Hudson are feeling better. I enjoyed spending the day with you and my favorite little guy. You needed the rest and Moms homemade soup. With all the rain yesterday it was a good day to rest.

Virginie's Cinema said...

Oh Ashley I hope you feel better soon! You are an awesome blogger and need not worry one g=bit about being less active in the past few days, your readers love you SO!

In other related news, I hope that squirrel is right cause we still have 2 solid months of below zero temperatures to go here, we are gonna need that early Spring!

kileen said...

i love the little animated gif you created! how fun and i hope you're feeling better!

cute and little

Shalyn said...

Sorry you felt sickly- I hate ear infections, they are the worst! Super cute GIF, or whatever you call it;-)

And thanks alot for bursting my bubble with the 39% thing, I thought he was accurate 110%...sad!;-)

Rach said...

Oh my goodness, I hope Mr. Phil is correct!!

Linley said...

i agree. some spring-time weather would be greatly appreciated in the southern parts of AL as well! let's hope mr. phil is on his game (despite the record-making blizzard going on as we speak...)

Kristen said...

That gif is adorable! I hope you feel better soon, pretty lady. I've been missing my usual daily dose of Hudson posts & your creative and cute outfits.

Kari said...

Poor babies...take care of yourself...
For being sick, you sure look cute!

Cara-Mia said...

Awww hope you start feeling better! Such a cute .gif, though.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Feel better. Im new to your blog and loving it!

{av} said...

sending lots of love your way...sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, but you still look super cute! I sure hope Phil is right...I need spring. NOW.

oxox {av}

Meri said...

Fun animation you made! and a very fun outfit too... this brightened my day as much as the alleged "end of winter" as predicted by Punxatawny Phil :)

Ashley said...

You are too cute. Feel better!!

The Pepper. said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear your not feeling well!
I hope you get back in tip top shape asap and I'll make sure to send some happy vibes your way:)


& I sure do hope that groundhog was right because we truly could use some early spring weather around here!

Mo Pie, Please said...

Oh goodness - I hope you're feeling better!! Thank goodness for your mom helping you out with Hudson. I always wonder how that works when mommy is sick and daddy can't help out.

So I watched Groundhog Day today because, well, it made sense. I also don't think I can believe good ole Phil's prediction considering I'm in a city buried in nearly 2 feet of snow. But one can dream. And dream I will.

Ollie Things Beautiful said...

Hope you feel better soon:)Those pictures are so cool! love it! xx

Alessandra said...

So cute. Get better and happy Groundhog Day!

Diana Smith said...

an ear infection?? OUCH! I can only imagine how horrible that was!

Eva Marie said...

hoping for early spring :)

ear infections are terrible ouch ouch ouch

M. said...

Those photos are a shiny red dream...
can you imagine how special those photos will be to him when he grows up?
Have a great weekend!
xx
M.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

My oldest son turned 4 on Groundhog day so I asked him if he wanted winter or spring and he said Winter. I am sure my little groundhog isn't as accurate as little Pux. Phil though. haha.