2.11.2011

Newsletter from Mommy - 17 Months


My little punkie,

You are my love. My happiness. My friend.

You are 17 months old, and you are absolutely scrumptious. I wish that there were enough adjectives to describe how fantastically, wonderfully fabulous you are. I continue to be amazed by you daily...not only the things you are learning to do so well, but also by the sweet little personality you are developing.

Remember last month, when I said that you were soooo loving and sweet? Well, is it possible that you are even more so, now? You are truly a happy, little drop of sugar. And you know how to make your MaMa melt...and DaDa, too. There is nothing in this world I love more, than to be on the receiving end of your precious hugs. When you wrap your tiny arms around me, I am completely, utterly happy....no matter what else is happening in the world around me. I can only wish that every person in the world could one day feel the love that I feel for you. It's the best.

I spend my days with you, laughing and snuggling. I hope that I will always remember you at this age. Just as you are, right now. You have the biggest, inquisitive eyes and the cheekiest little smile. You are filled with curiosity, and so very talkative. In addition to the words you have been saying, you now say: biper (diaper), shoooooes (shoes), nite-nite (at bedtime), babba (yo gabba gabba), And a big accomplishment this month? Your first sentence, well, sort of.....you now say "Heeeeey, DaDa!" when your dad comes into the room, and "Heeeey, MaMa!", when you see me. You even say, "Heeeeey, Lulu!" when you stand at the backdoor. To say that your first tiny sentence is adorable would be an understatement. A couple of nights ago, you and I were seated at the table for dinner. DaDa came in to sit down, and he casually said: "Hello, Hudson.", then "Hello, MaMa." And without missing a beat, you said: "Heeeeey, Dada!". You little character, you. Always on top of things, and full of surprises.

You still love to climb things, and you love to run. Your favorite is when we chase you around the house....you laugh so hard I sometimes think that you might burst. You've gotten so much better at understanding what "no-no" means, and you still get your feelings hurt and curl your bottom lip if we discipline you. Needless to say, you are not disciplined very often. Your favorite toys this month have probably been your barn & animals, your books, and your wooden puzzles. You are so good at figuring out your puzzles, and know exactly where the pieces go. We even picked up a new one for you, and you had the hang of it in minutes. Such a little smarty-pants.

You are very observant of how things work. One day, as we sat playing, you spotted a pair of socks, lying loose in the floor. You ran over to them, picked them up, then brought them over to where I was sitting. You then proceeded to plop in the floor, stick your foot up and press the sock to your sweet toes. You knew exactly how to tell me you wanted to wear your socks!

I feel so honored to be with you every day. I love being your audience. I am overwhelmed with pride at this little person you have become. You are the most perfect thing in my life. You teach me new things every day, and you have changed me into a better person.

I hope that you will always know how loved you are by your DaDa and I.

Love & Kisses,
MaMa









33 comments:

Heidi said...

How stinking cute is he in his little Valentine's outfit?! Adorable.

Eva Marie said...

I am in love with those overalls and those stinkin cute shoes!

What lovely post :)

Hey DaDa said...

I am so glad you do these post for Hudson. Some day he is going to look back and almost know just how much you and I love him. As good as you are with words. They can not even come close to the love we have for him. I know this from the way I feel and I can tell from the look in your eyes as you watch him. Everything is getting to be so much fun now. How he welcomes us with hey mama or hey dada. I am so proud to have such a great son with a mother who is so wonderful.

I LOVE THE BOTH OF YOU!

~ Kelly Ann ♥ said...

What a little cutie pie!!! The overalls are so darn cute!
Have a great weekend!

~ Kelly Ann~

daily mix LA said...

what an adorable post! and those pics are too cute for words....

Jeannie said...

Hudson you are so adorable and you have brought such joy to our lives. You are a little angel. I love hearing about the new things you are doing. Wish I lived closer so I could see you more often. I love your cute pictures. Stay sweet. We love you.

HettyA said...

The red is way too cute he is so adorable. :)

Alaythea said...

What a cute little munchkin he is!!!

Mrs. Blimes said...

Such a sweet post! And an adorable little guy! Thanks so much for stopping by and the sweet comment you left :0)

Your photos are beautiful!

Rach said...

So so precious! And love those pictures of Hudson!

Shalyn said...

You are the sweetest thing, Ashley! I love his little red overalls!

Fashion Momma said...

My heeaaart melts! He's so sweet, you're so sweet, and your little southern accent is A-DORABLE.

Mo Pie, Please said...

Soo incredibly sweet! Hudson is one lucky little fellar! Have a great weekend!

Chelsea said...

this is so precious. what a sweet mama you are!

love the red wall and the red outfit too!

abehel said...

Hudson, you are a little sweetheart! You have once again made my day a little brighter with that sweet face. love g-aunt K

charminglychesney said...

beautiful pictures of your sweet baby!

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

look at himmmmmm! my gosh he is just the cutest lil' guy ever. love the video and he tries so hard to dig into that apple. it's adorable, total commitment.

i loved reading your letter to hudson, that is one of the most special things. so well said and i felt it truly. my mom wrote to me as i grew up too and we turned it all into a book. it's the one thing i'd save in a fire. very special for him when he grows up. ♥

Amylou said...

your little one is so adorable!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I love when babies hit that stage of life! it is so much fun!!! yey!! More interaction!

S and O said...

Ohmmmmyyygooodness! What an absolute cutie pie! :)
These pictures are so sweet!
Hope your having a great weekend!
xoxo
Olivia

Meredith said...

he is the cutest little pumpkin i have ever seen!
my goodness, i am SUCH a sucker for babies.
i love his little "mmmmmm" at the end :)
Hudson is by far, the cutest munchin ever!

Jo said...

What a sweet sweet post and little Hudson is so adorable!!! He looks just like a baby from TV! Such an adorable smile.

LACE.LEATHER.LIPGLOSS said...

omg this is SO CUTE!

http://doublelll.blogspot.com

Amy said...

You are such an awesome mommy! One day Hudson is going to have a lot of sweet reading thanks to you! He's so adorable to boot!

Ashelle said...

OMG too cute!!!! He's adorable.

Check it out It's my <3 Day plan.. hope you join!

Sophie said...

Ashley, this is the most gorgeous thing i have ever read! and thats the most gorgeous video i have ever seen! so so so adorable! you are such a good mum! its beautiful x

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

i'm your newest follower! :) love these photos. sooo cute

Sarah said...

Awww, Ashley! This is so lovely and sweet! You're truly an incredible mom! :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

What a wonderful post and what great pictures. It is so sweet! He truly is adorable! I hit a milestone on my blog this past week and I wanted to Thank You for helping to make it possible by coming to my blog and commenting like you have. Thanks Again!

Ashley said...

My daughter is 16 months so I can relate to the scrumptiousness!! This is the best age! Adorable pics! xo

Haley K said...

I can tell you just adore your "little drop of sugar" :) He is such a darling boy!!! And that video...oh-my...I had the biggest smile watching it! He has the cutest voice! and i loved hearing your accent when you said, "Lu lu" :) Happy 17-months to your little Hudson!

lehenga said...

Sooo Sweet..

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

I want to apologize I think awhile ago I read this blog post and accidentally wrote she is adorable. I meant to say he is adorable. I need to proof read my stuff. Sorry.

Write it in lipstick