1.21.2011

You Wanna Know MORE?



I was awarded with the Stylish Blogger Award from some of my favorite blogging ladies over the past couple of weeks! THANKS Trina, Haley, Amy, Lula, Bethani, Ashley, Once More with Feeling, and In My Tennis Shoes. The rules say that I must pass along this award to seven bloggers, and also share seven things about me. You all must really be getting tired of hearing about me. :) Since I previously shared seven secrets a couple of months ago, and seven things about young me, I think I'll write these seven things with a theme in mind....my little love life with my handsome hubby. Sound good?







{ONE} Alright, Stop. Collaborate & Listen.
Will and I met on College Karaoke Night at a local restaurant when we both showed up to meet a mutual friend....we knew it was a love connection when the two of us, strangers at the time, simultaneously entertained our huge table of friends with a spirited version of Ice Ice Baby.
{TWO} Today I Met, the Boy I'm going to Marry
We were engaged on a warm October night, at a beautiful park. I was totally surprised. If I had been clued in, I probably would not have worn my MOST hideous outfit....a raggedy old high school tshirt and sweats. We were walking our crazy dog, Lulu, and I never expected Will to drop down on one knee right there beside the gorgeous waterfall, under the stars. I'll never forget the way I felt, and he'll never let me live down what I said when he asked..."Are you serious? Are you serious? Are you serious?" Don't worry. He finally got a yes.
{THREE} Start Spreading the News
The Christmas after we were engaged, Will took me on my first trip to NYC....which quickly became my favorite city on earth. We did all sorts of fun things; we saw Rent and the Rockettes, took a carriage ride through Central Park, went on a visit to the MoMA, and took a ride to the top of the Empire State Building.  But to top it off, we enjoyed a fabulous meal followed by a cotton candy cake at The Four Seasons in celebration of our engagement.
{FOUR} Say Yes to the Dress
I loved my wedding dress. It was the second one I tried on....and after I slipped into those layers and layers of beautiful dress I knew that I didn't want to try on anything else. 
{FIVE} Goin' to the Chapel
We got married under the hot evening sun, July 2nd of 2005. Despite the heat, the day couldn't have been more perfect. There are so many things about our wedding day that I love, and will never forget....surprising the guests as I rode in to their view in a white horse-drawn carriage with my Dad, walking down the aisle and seeing Will waiting for me with a smile, Some Enchanted Evening played by the string quartet after we exchanged vows, and being surprised by the beautiful fountains exploding all around us just as we had our first kiss as man and wife.
{SIX} The Way You Look Tonight
At our reception, we shared two special dances. Our first one? Let's Stay Together by Al Green. It was fun, and happy. When we were ready to leave, we shared an unforgettable last dance- The Way You Look Tonight by Tony Bennett, which never fails to bring tears to my eyes. 
{SEVEN} Two Tickets to Paradise
We had the most fabulous honeymoon, in the West Indies on the beautiful island of St. Lucia. We rode horseback along the beach, we ate delicious meals, hiked through a rainforest, went whale watching, and floated whole days away in the pool. It was perfect. 

Aah, memories. Thanks again, ladies, for the award. I choose to pass it along to:
Don't forget to check out my recently updated Blogroll on your way out...there are some really lovely blogs listed, and more are added almost every day!

And if you want, feel free to add my new button to your site!



Hudson's Happenings


Hope you all have the most wonderful day!

31 comments:

Chelsea Lane said...

so cute ashley!! I loooove your outfit too, those boots are adorable :)

xoxo

Alessandra said...

Such fun to read and great to know even more about you!

Buy WoW Rogue said...

i love reading heartwarming stories:)

Megan said...

awwww so sweet! Love how you did this post. Adding your button to my favorites on the nav bar :)

xx

Virginie's Cinema said...

You guys are SO sweet! I love a good love story, that post totally made my heart warm :)

ps: your button design is darling!

{av} said...

you are totally stylish--and totally deserving of this award! loved all your photos and especially loved the "Today I met the boy I'm going to marry" bit :) happy weekend, my dear! xoxo {av}

Chelsea said...

love this post. your wedding dress was gorgeous!

Mo Pie, Please said...

Congrats on the award - such a lovely bride you were! Have a great weekend.

Meri said...

I really really love your outfit!
Keep up the stylin' blog posts!

Jeannie said...

I will never forget what a beautiful bride you were and what a handsome groom Will was. Beautiful bride + handsome groom = gorgeous baby. That was a magical day even though it was HOT!! Better hot than rain. You two look so young when you got engaged. Love memory lane.

PS - love the outfit in top pic.

thisitalianfamily said...

Aww this is so precious. And you are seriously gorgeous!

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

Ooh cute HH button. I feel like so many of us take train track pictures- we should do a roundup!

Law Mama said...

Aw, I love this! We got married summer 2005 too... we're not too far apart!

Shalyn said...

What a sweet story, Ashley- I LOVED reading about your love story! How cute that you wore a tee when you got engaged- I wore a tee, bball shorts and toe socks when we met so I get the feeling! ha! Hope you are well!

One Lucky Guy said...

Well let me start out buy saying I love you and I have to be the worlds luckiest guy. Here are some of my thoughts as I looked through our pictures and read your memories.

(1) Fun and crazy days around the Alpine pool. Trying to get you to watch Jaws. Great little walks through downtown. Just the two of us and Lulu.

(2) Having to find away to sneak over and ask your dad for his one and only daughters hand in marriage. Trying to locate the perfect spot to ask you. This was probably the most nervous I have ever been but the absolute best decision I ever made.

(3) Watching your face light up when you got to a city I knew you would love. Being together on our first big trip. Seeing a play I new you would like but I would dislike. This was a truly great trip.

(4) Seeing you for the first time on this day. How beautiful you were and are. I could not take my eyes off of you. You had this awesome glow about you and I knew I was about to be the happiest and luckiest guy in the world. Man I had my lines down pat. haha...

(5) How all of the sudden my nerves just shot straight up as I saw you come in on that gorges carriage. Wow you looked beautiful. The look of a proud father as he walked you down the ale.

(6) How much fun we had dancing as a new little married couple. Sorry if I stepped on your feet! Waling out to our old vintage car with all our friends and family holding sparklers up in the air for us.

(7) You know you left out the part about us missing our flight. To be honest that was one fun day. Just the two of us searching for things to do around the airport playing video games. But really who could forget our honeymoon. What a trip. We had so much fun on all our little adventures that I can't wait to take our little guy to a beaches.

I have enjoyed all we have done together and I can't wait to all our many more adventures together as a family. I LOVE YOU

Mimi said...

Awe, these are sweet. I dont know why, but i got a little teary...I love seeing happy people!
Anyway, you were a beautiful bride:)

Haley K said...

oh Ashley I loved that you had the theme of your love story to share your 7 things!! You 2 were & are SO in love... You were a gorgeous bride...an absolute princess in that dress! How sweet were your husband's comments on your 7 things...I loved that he said he had to sneak over to ask your father for you hand (good man). And when he said his nerves jumped when he saw you on your big day...and running through your friends as they held sparklers! :)

Oh and cotton candy cake!!! Brilliant! I <3 cotton candy

Jonathan & Ashley Slater said...

what a cute blog..your pictures are so adorable!

Eva Marie said...

Oh my gosh this post is fantastic but than it gets better because your sweet husband writes 7 things as well !!

The fountains exploding - that must have been beautiful!,
And now you have a sweet baby boy - life is good

Fashion Momma said...

thank you for sharing all of this awesome stuff with us! we ALWAYS want more. you should know that. :) meeting at karaoke would be a dream for me! i "met" my husband while he was doing laundry in the dorm!

just posted your button on my sidebar! <3

Jonathan & Ashley Slater said...

I know! I never heard of a compost disposer but how cool? If you get it first you have to tell me how you like it...

Jonathan & Ashley Slater said...

p.s. i am your newest follower!

Ashley said...

your blog is SOOOOO cute! are you even kidding me?!

Megan said...

This is SO adorable!! You were a stunning bride!! Congrats on your award...your blog is definitely deserving of it!

Anastasia Alien said...

Your outfit is amazing!
And your wedding dress was gorgeous)

Cindy P said...

I had the same reaction when Collin proposed to me! I was COMPLETELY surprised and I just couldn't believe it was happening. There he was on one knee with the ring in his hand and all I could say was "Seriously, are you serious!?" And like you, I did eventually say yes. =) But it was definitely a night to remember!

Anonymous said...

I love all your blog posts! And I also love the fact that you & Will are so in love! I love seeing pictures of people who have 'love' written all over their faces & the two of you certainly do!

Cara-Mia said...

Love this! Such a cute pots -made even sweeter by the fact that your husband added 7 details. Also loving your graphics, you're so talented! Definitely adding your button to my blog. <3

Kristen said...

You were such a gorgeous bride! Absolutely glowing. It's so cute to see the progression of your relationship through photos. So sweet. :) You guys make a lovely couple, really.

From Suns To Moons said...

This was such a beautiful love story - I enjoyed every word!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I'm so so behind in my blog reading. Thanks so much for giving me this award! I adored so much reading through these. Your memories are so wonderful and it is great that you had such a lovely wedding to always cherish in your heart. You looked so beautiful too!!! I'll have to think of what to do for my entry now too!! ahh. I don't think I could be as creative at all as you are. You amaze with beautiful details and descriptions and great captures to look at with it!!