1.26.2011

Singing Rats & Pizza!


Tonight, Hudson had his first experience at the ever popular children's establishment, Chuck E. Cheese's! He is such an active little guy, and since we've been stuck inside shielding ourselves from the frigid winter weather for weeks now, we knew it was about time to get out of the house and have some fun! I can remember spending many fun nights at Show-Biz Pizza as a child (anybody remember Show-Biz?), being entertained by the animatronic Rocka-fire Explosion band and the cavalcade of arcade games. I knew Hudson would get a big kick out of all the activity!

Upon entering, he immediately ran to the stage, to get a close look at the singing animals. I can't remember what the gang used to sing when I was little, but tonight Chuck E., Munch, and friends serenaded us with a cool mix of Justin Bieber and other assorted pop renditions. Awesome. 

After we had our fill of greasy pepperoni pizza, we let Hudson pick out 35 tokens worth of wild rides...he loved the police scooter and the Chuck E. Truck, but disliked the Monster Truck and the School Bus. You win some, you lose some. 

All in all, I think our little love had a great time. Will and I even played a couple of games, too. My game of choice? Race Car Driving. Will likes to shoot hoops. It was a good night for all - games, food, and fun....and luckily, we all escaped without contracting Bieber Fever. See you again soon Chuck E. Cheese!
























p.s. Look who was waaaay to cool to smile for the picture that the Chuck E. Cheese Sketch Machine drew for us...



21 comments:

Natasha said...

Sounds like a good time!
Your little man is SO stylish! He totally rocks the mismashed prints!

Shalyn said...

Ah yes! The right of passage we call Chuck E. Cheese- LOVE IT! Looks like you guys had fun, I can't believe he didn't look scared of those crazy animals! ha! SO I admit, maybe I am...;-)

Why are you not popping out babies every 9 months? (easy for me to say, aye?) with babies that look like yours, I would!!!

Lula said...

You guys def look like you had fun! Never went to Chuck E. Cheese's though! And omg race car games are THE best.
Love your pictures as always!

Kristen said...

Yes! I've been waiting for this post! (I didn't mean for that to sound half as creepy as it did).

Hudson is so curious! I love the shot of him staring at the singing animals. Too cute! And look at you go on the race car video game, pretty lady. Very impressive!

Oh, and I can't believe Chuck E. Cheese plays Bieber music now! Fortunately, you guys escaped unscathed. :)

PS - So glad Will liked my Disneyland suggestion. Maybe he'll keep it in mind for a future family vacay (with some time for blog friends squeezed in there too)!

Alessandra said...

Oh my goodness, flashbacks to my childhood...!

Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Random comment: I love that yellow strap with your black&white stripe top!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

So impressive! I love how excited he was to see the singers! I remember that being scary for me as a kid...at first :). I loved Chuck E Cheese!

Megan said...

chuck e cheese has THE best pizza...When I nannied for a three year old we would go there often...I think i may have loved it more then he did..

vintch said...

aaah so adorable. that place is classic! {as is the expression on hudson's face in all these pictures}! beautiful baby and beautiful mama!

Jeannie said...

Ashley, I can't believe Hudson was not scared. He looks adorable in his zutano! What a sweet face. I love that sketch!!!!

Jonathan & Ashley Slater said...

1. I love your husband's Alabama sweatshirt. ROLL TIDE.

2. How cute is Hudson's outfit?!

3. Lately, I have only heard bad things about chuck e. cheese (i.e. shootings, stabbings, fights) so I am glad to hear you had a safe trip and made it out unscathed....

Chuck E. Cheese's Band Manager said...

This was a fun night out. Hudson had a blast as well as me. Yep Hudson took off straight to the band. He loved it.

LOVE YOU


And ROLL TIDE to your friend Ashley Slater

Eva Marie said...

Aww I just promised my niece and nephew if they do there homework every night for the next 4 weeks that I will take them to chuck e cheese.. I have a feeling Liv is going to have a BLAST just like Hudson..

I love the pic of him in the car with the chuck e cheese mouse looking right at him hahah too sweet

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

How cute. I have yet to go to one with my boys but there's one down the street! kids really can be kids there. haha.

Angeline said...

I totally remember Show Biz Pizza! lots of fun memories and kid photos from there.

Rach said...

I've still never been to Chuck E Cheese. I need to put that on my list of things to do this year!

Brooke said...

Looks like he had a great time! I've never been to Chuck E Cheese. We always went to cheap skate... yes it's as cheap as the name ha.

HettyA said...

Aw looks like he really had a fun time experiencing all the new things! My nephew just had his 2nd bday party at chuck-e-cheese and it was his first time in a place like that as well...he cried for the first hour! lol

Tucker said...

You look gorgeous - love your make up!!

Glad Hudson had a good first time at Chuck E Cheese (:

xo

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

So much fun!! He is so adorable and he looks so happy and confused, which is exactly how I imagine I would feel at his age. Though can't quite remember, I do remember Chuck E Cheese's as a magical and fun place, like Diet Disney world.

xo, Ashley

Kari said...

Such fun. you're a fun mommy and daddy for taking him! And I LOVE his clothes. Where do you get them? XOXO

Haley K said...

his shirt rocks my world. Loved all the pictures! felt like I was with you & your cute family eating pizza and playing games :) Oh there's nothing like a night at good ol' Chuck-e-Cheese!