12.07.2010

You Better Watch Out, You Better Not Cry


Last year, we chose not to take Hudson to visit Santa. It was the winter of Swine Flu, thank goodness we haven't heard about that lately, and our little guy was only four months old. So when this December rolled around, I couldn't help but get excited when planning out the age old tradition of a visit with the jolly St. Nick! 

Luckily, one of our favorite local children's boutiques hosted a special visit from Santa Claus. I was glad because we go there all the time, we know the owner of the store, and Hudson feels comfortable there. In my head, I was listing all the pros of seeing Santa at the boutique, because, as you know, little kiddies have been known to scream and cry when faced with Father Christmas! I wasn't really sure how Hudson would react.

When we arrived, we saw a few friends there, and Hudson immediately began running around the store, playing with the owner's two boys, and grabbing for toys. Honestly, he didn't pay too much attention to Santa. We gave him a few minutes to get comfortable before attempting to sit him in Santa's lap. 

After a while, clever Santa pulled out his little sack of candy, and with that one act he had made a new friend...Hudson. Hudson would sneak around Santa's chair, peering in the candy sack, and ringing the sleigh bells that adorned Santa's red suit. He really seemed to like Kris Kringle. 

Finally, the moment of truth was upon us, and up into Santa's lap he went. Hudson stared him down, but remained pretty mellow about being so close to a stranger.  When Santa offered to let him pull his beard, Hudson loosened up a bit. And when the candy sack made another appearance, Hudson got downright excited. No tears from our happy boy....only smiles!

Hudson's first visit with Santa went off without a hitch. And since he was such a good boy, he can't wait to see what the big guy brings him this year!










{Merry Christmas Everybody!}

17 comments:

Best Foot Forward said...

Awww these pictures are adorable! I particularly like the first one. Also, love your necklace! Where is it from?

kileen said...

omg, your Hudson is too cute!! and yes, candy is the best bribe for little kids. santa knows best. :)

cuteandlittle.com

lindsay said...

ahhh what a cute little man...and a beautiful family picture with santa :)

Brooke said...

This is so great that he liked Santa!! I'm so nervous to bring my daughter to see him. I know she'd cry! I love that you all sat on his lap :)

kimmie said...

Oh my goodness... SO CUTE!!! I'm nervous to bring my son to see Santa this year... last year he didn't cry, but just sat there stony-faced, although I do think those santa pictures with the crying kids are HILARIOUS, and I secretly want one. :)

Diana Smith said...

Look how calm he is on Santa's lap! That is hilarious! What a cute little boy. I really thought about taking my Olivia, but she is so young!

Mo Pie, Please said...

Aww, such cute family photos with santa!

Haley K said...

Oh i loved that Hudson stared the Santa down. lol And may I say your little boy is SO handsome :) And that Santa is perfect! (he must be the real thing;) Glad you guys had a good experience! Wish us luck ;)

Haley K said...

PS - your blazer...well, I want it :)

PPS - I'll do some searching for the source of that quote (at the bottom of your blog)...and it would be an awesome large print to add to any wall!

Melanie said...

So precious! Merry Christmas to you, too!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Mr. Will Beadle said...

This was a fun trip to see Santa. I believe our little man really enjoyed it.

Jeannie said...

Ashley, what adorable pictures of all of you but especially Hudson. I am so glad his first experience with Santa was a good one. Do I need to remind you of your first visit? Will, you must feel pretty confident that you have been a good boy, that is a big smile!

Jeannie said...

PS - Love the video. How sweet. Hudson couldn't decide between Santa and the monkey. Precious memories!!

e.day said...

okay i lOVE these pictures- how cute! the first one is hilarious. it should definitely be a christmas card.

Jewelscapes Handmade Jewelry said...

I love your necklace!

I have a link up every Wednesday at my blog for everyone who coordinates jewelry with their outfits, it would be great if you linked this to it tomorrow!
jewelscapes.blogspot.com

Angeline said...

So cute!

Pixie in Pumps said...

How cute! You have such a beautiful family! That video made me AWWWW out loud! ANd miss my little nieces of course.