12.10.2010

The Wife of Barney Fife


Hello Lovelies! I am a happy girl today! Know why? I'm in for a lovely weekend in my hometown with Hudson and my parents. Today, my mom, Hudson, and I shopped until we dropped....picking out fabulous Christmas gifts for family and friends. I love picking out just the perfect surprise for each of the special people in my life!

It won't be a perfect weekend, though. Because one of my favorite things is missing: my sweet hubby Will. While we are off on a shopping adventure, he is off on an true adventure of his own.....

Will is a pretty amazing guy. He was invited to participate in a wonderful program called Leadership Alabama. Each fall, fifty to sixty accomplished leaders from around the state are selected to be a part of the non-profit program, which presents the participants with a couple of forums regarding current issues that define the future of our state. As a subset of Leadership Alabama, he is participating in our local division, Leadership Shoals. Tonight, he is completing a task that will allow him to graduate from the Leadership class. The task? Riding along with a policeman during a night patrol.

Yep, my husband's playing Barney Fife tonight. Let's all hope that the good people of Florence don't get into too much  mischief tonight...I want my little deputy to stay out of harm's way!


Don't panic. Our cop cars don't really look like this. :) This one's an antique.

24 comments:

Brooke said...

aw you must be proud of him! I bet he'll have fun and see some adventure! Don't worry, he'll be safe! and I love that Hudson's sneakin in your pictures and that christmas tree.. oh my goodness!

Sands said...

Let's hope people will be good tonight! Hehe. We're all so proud of him!

PS: I love your hair like that, miss! :P

xo
Sands

Diana Smith said...

How fun! Shopping till you drop! I wish I could do that haha, its just so exhausting!

allie said...

i LOVE your outfit!

Kristen said...

Isn't Christmas shopping just the best? I love picking out gifts for people.

I also love Hudson wandering around in the background of these photos - precious!

Melanie said...

Cuuute. I love this comfy oufit!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Katie said...

This outfit looks so cool and laidback but still dressy! I love it!

Also, please give me your amazing lashes. Thank you! :)

You must be so proud of your hubby! Riding around with a police officer at night sounds quite interesting - did he like it?

Cara-Mia said...

How fun for him! Let's hope he stays safe. :)

Love your outfit, too. That striped top fits great.

Barney Fife said...

Well is this just not a nice post. I hope you all had fun last yesterday and last night. The police ride along was fun and I got to see a hole different side of Florence. I can't wait to tell ya'll all about it.

Here is some old news for you. Yeah you look GREAT once again. Did you and Hudson both plan to wear strips? LOVE YOU AND THE MAIN MAN

Virginie Lavallée Bélanger said...

Congrats to Will Ashley, aren't we just always so proud of our awesome husbands! Hope you have a great week-end with your family!

ps: Those are so pretty big gifts by the tree :)

Haley K said...

*whistle*whistle* You. Are. BEAUTIFUL.
And this makes me not just want a gray blazer, but NEED a gray blazer ;)

Lauren said...

I love the proportions of this outfit! It looks so great!

And congrats to your husband - what a neat thing to be a part of!

Small Time Style

Jeannie said...

Ashley, We enjoyed having you and Hudson for the weekend. I will miss all those hugs from him. He is such a sweetheart. I already miss you two. Glad Will had a safe night, is there a career change in his future?

Linda W said...

What an honor for your husband! I hope you are enjoying your weekend with the rest of your family!

The Auspicious Life

Shannon said...

Congrats to your husband! That's awesome.
Also, um....can I have borrow some of your eyelashes? Please?

thedemuremuse.com said...

A big congrats to Will for being asked to take part in such a special program! Can I just say how cute that vintage police car looks? I hope you got a chance to ride in it too! ;)

P.S. I love the fact that Hudson makes a cameo in the two photos on the right. hehe he is such a cutiepie!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

You look gorgeous. I lvoe your outfit. :)
and congrats to your husband, that sounds like an amazing opportunity. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

Chelsea Lane said...

ashley, you are the cutest person ever <3 I LOVE your shoes + jacket, congrats to will!

xoxo

Jen said...

Look at your eyes... GORGEOUS!! And then the little guy in the background, so so cute!

Elisabeth said...

your hair looks SO good here!

Roadrunner said...

You look so pretty in those pictures :) I love the Christmas tree in the back.

Brianna! said...

I LOVE you outfit!!!
It's SUPER adorable.

xoxo
bB

JMay said...

ADORABLE outfit. Simple yet adorable & perfect for the holidays!

theputtogethergirl said...

Cute outfit! I love how relaxed and chic it is- perfect everyday wear!