12.29.2010

Oh, Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind.

On Christmas morning we woke up to the most beautiful surprise...not only had Santa dropped lots of goodies at our house, a true Alabama Christmas miracle had occurred: our street had been covered by a lovely blanket of fresh white snow, and delicate snowflakes were tumbling from the gray skies above. We never dreamed that we would experience a white Christmas...the flurries fostered a perfectly wonderful morning full of enchantment. 

We woke little Hudson, and he quickly sprung to life....a happy little ball of energy. I waited in the living room for him with Santa's special delivery, and the look of delight on his face as he pattered into the room full of presents is truly something I'll never forget. His big, pretty eyes lit up with amazement as he spotted the toddler-sized 4 wheeler that Old St. Nick had chosen especially for him. Untraditionally, Santa had wrapped all of Hudson's gifts this year...I think that the big guy knew that Hudson would love tearing into the festive paper. And indeed, he did. He ripped and tore, throwing tiny scraps of paper all over the living room rug, until he caught a glimpse of the toy inside the package, at which time he would squeal in delight! He had so much fun, and Will & I loved experiencing the magic of Christmas through his eyes.


{A White Christmas}


{Santa came!}


{excitement & happiness}


{lots of surprises & fun stuff!}


{big boy is going to be 4-wheeling & shooting hoops!}


{A computer...just like MaMa's!}


{Checking out Chuck the talking Truck!}


{happy boy}


{checking a few blogs out before getting ready to go to his grandparents' house.}

Later, around noon we loaded up and drove down the road to Will's parents' house for even more goodies, yummy food, and an annual viewing of Will's favorite...a Christmas Story. This year was special because it was Hudson's little cousin Henri's first Christmas! Hudson loves his cousin, and just can't squeeze her enough! We all had so much fun watching these two beautiful babies enjoy Christmas fun. 


{little Christmas angel}


{Henri & Hudson...so happy to spend Christmas together!}


{A big horse just for Hudson}


{Whoa Horsey!}

{Every little cowboy needs some boots!}


{Me & my sister-in-law Liza, wearing our matching warm headbands, with our sweet babies!}


{it's hard to hold a little wiggle worm!}


{Henri loved her Bla-Bla mermaid & bath toys we gave her!}


{Our little family!}


{Hudson with Greg & Martha}


{I'm hanging out with Elvis...and Will is making funny faces.}


{Happy Happy Baby Cousins!}


{I wonder what they're thinking?}


{Hudson is so happy to hold her hand!}


{two cuties}


{good hug}


{Hudson kept sneaking around to get behind Henri. He just wanted to be so close to her...he loves her so!}


{strike a pose...by the Christmas tree!}


{one more snuggle before we go!}


{another fun day!}


{Ho Ho Ho! Christmas 2010 was wonderful.}

25 comments:

Cara-Mia said...

You are seriously one gorgeous mama!

By the way, I'm DYING over the little cowboy boots! Why are baby things soooo cute? Makes me want one just so I can buy such things. ;)

Funny Faced Will said...

Christmas was very special this year as Hudson's face lit up when he say the gifts left by Santa.It was also neat to see him run back and forth from the for to see the snow.

I think he also enjoyed being around his little cuz Henri. Mom and Dad got a kick out of him running up and hugging from behind.

What a perfect Christmas. LOVE YOU

amber said...

look at all those new toys!! i bet he was thrilled! ha! great photos :)

Shalyn said...

YOU GOT SNOW- How fun for your family (please sense jealousy here!) Sounds like it came straight out of a story! And I am dying over that Elvis cut-out- LOVE HIM! Glad you guys had fun:-)

Brooke said...

OH my goodness what an amazing family!! Hudson got so many toys!! I should have left my daughter's unwrapped! Maybe she would have been more excited :)

danielle @ take heart said...

so fun! what a beautiful family you have :)

Jeannie said...

Hudson is so sweet with Henri. They are both adorable. I'm glad everyone had a good Christmas this year. I loved the snow!!

lindsay said...

i have said it before and i will say it again...what a beautiful family you have!! i love all of these pictures miss...you capture the moments and share them with us so perfectly!

that little hudson is such a cutie!!

xoxo

thisitalianfamily said...

I LOVE this post! So much Christmas cheer! And I love that you got snow in AL! How magical! :)

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

Love your little purple hat and OMG Hudson gets the best presents!

abehel said...

Hudson's expressions on Christmas morning are priceless! So sweet! He is so loving toward Henri, They will have a good time growing up together. They are two precious babies.

Meri said...

I want those stripey candy cane pajamas, in adult!

Diana Smith said...

I love his look when he is looking at all his presents! makes me so excited when Olivia understands christmas a little bit more and sees how magical it is!! You are such a cute mom!

CarrieJo said...

I just stumbled across your blog! I love the name Hudson! You have a beautiful family! I can't wait to follow you and read more!

Be sure to check out my giveaway!

www.lifeoftheliles.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Look at him and all of his toys!! Someone must have been very, very good this year! ;-)

Happy Wednesday Darling! xo

I'm doing a perfume giveaway right now if you're interested!

Sandy a la Mode said...

awwww yay for a white christmas for you!!! :) great pics!!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Aw! These pictures made me smile so much, you have such a precious little boy. I love his little outfit. Haha. And you look gorgeous, I love your headband!
I wish we would've gotten a white Christmas!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

Kai.Mercado. said...

These pictures warm my heart! Hudson looks like the sweetest little boy in the world! You look like you are blessed with an amazing family!

Amy said...

First off, I am obsessed with little Hudson's pajamas. That is too sweet! Sounds like you and your family have great traditions!
By the way, you look fabulous! Loving those matching ear warmers too! And hooray for the snow! Ahhh, what excitement!
Xo

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Look at those presents! My goodness.

Jen said...

My giveaway ends on your birthday?? That is so cool... my fingers are crossed for you!!

Melanie said...

They are so precious together! Looks like you had a very merry Christmas!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Shawntae said...

wow he is the cutest ever.

Hey can I feature you on my blog? I would love to. Seriously! I am loving your blog!

I do this thing called Featured Friday every Friday. Go to my blog and fill out the form "Featured Friday" and email it back to me if you have time. xoxo

Glad you had a merry Christmas!

Kaitlyn said...

he is adorable!!

http://www.kaitlynmaness.com

Lisa D. said...

As usual, I'm like a week behind on blogs, so I just got to this post. Soooooo cute! I'm so glad that you and your family had such a lovely holiday. =) Happy New Year!

~Lisa