12.23.2010

Mrs. Claus Ain't Got Nothin' on Me!


{LISTEN: Mrs. Claus Ain't Got Nothin' on Me - Little Jackie}

This Christmas season is the time to SHINE! We've trimmed the tree, wrapped the shrubs in sparkling white lights, fastened a jingling sleigh bell collar around the dog's neck, and even donned festive red and green cardigans. I relish in all of the holiday flair that inhabits our house this time of year, and without a doubt, my favorite part of all is the glorious Christmas tree.

In my mind, like each individual snowflake is unique, so is each and every Christmas tree. Ornaments that hang proudly from delicate fir branches can tell a beautiful story without words. Often, my favorite trees are those decorated with tatty, threadbare treasures that represent memories of days gone by...."baby's first Christmas", "our first home", or a tiny bride with a netted white veil.  I love to see angels dangling and Santas smiling from the lush evergreens. And, of course, no tree is complete without a shining star gleaming high above.

I love that so many of you bloggers have allowed me to peek inside your holiday homes, showcasing beautiful Christmas crafts, twinkling lights, and dazzling decorations. In return, I would love to show you some of my favorite frills that flourish our home during this festive season.


 "Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings."
{It's a Wonderful Life Ornament, featuring George, Mary, and Zuzu Bailey}



"We're having a baby, my baby & me."
{Lucy is Enceinte Ornament, featuring Lucy & Desi}

"I dedicate this house to the Griswold Family Christmas"
{National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ornament, featuring Clark Griswold}

"Goin' to the Chapel and We're Gonna Get Married"
{little fishy bride & groom ornaments}


"Lights, please? For Behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."
{A Charlie Brown Christmas ornament featuring Linus}


"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
{Gone With the Wind ornament, featuring Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara}


"Rock a Bye, Baby, in the Tree Top"
{Baby's 1st Christmas Ornament, 2009 celebrating our sweet Hudson}


"Bitter Grapes"
{Lucy's Italian Movie ornament, featuring Lucy stomping the grapes}


"Let's speed it up a little'
{I love Lucy Job Switching ornament, featuring Lucy working the chocolate conveyor belt}

Hmmmm. Can you tell that I love Lucy? There's 3 more Lucy ornaments on my tree in addition to these. Eeep!


{AnnaLee Dolls: mouse, giraffe, and Santa}



{Meyda Tiffany Toy Soldier Lamp}


{I made this Christmas Wreath using ornaments from my own childhood, and Will's, as well. Those little miniature books were given to me the year I was born by my aunt and cousin, and the vintage mouse and bear hung on Will's tree when he was a little one}

Yep, I've been dancin' circles around the Christmas tree, decking the halls & doin' it all merrily! Honey, it's as easy as 1, 2, 3! Fa La La La La, ooh Sha-bop sha-bop.

Little Hudson hasn't tried to grab the tree, to my surprise. I think he learned pretty quickly that he was allowed to look, but not touch! Every day he points at it, says "Tree?", then says "Oooh, pretty!" He is such a sweetie at this age. Sometimes when his overwhelming curiosity takes over, he'll sneak towards some of our festive decorations, slowly reaching out his hand....when I catch him, I'll tell him he can look but not touch, and he'll quickly run over to me and give me the biggest hug. How could I ever be mad at that little angel?


{He had to take a bottle break during the middle of getting dressed. Hence, the pantsless look.}


{Sweet boy loves his "boh", otherwise known in the adult world as "bottle".}


{sweet Christmas angel baby}



{my love}

And to finish this post, I now present the elusive 30th outfit from the 30 for 30 challenge. Gee, I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to finish the remix, but I just got so caught up in all of the Christmas goodness that I seriously procrastinated. I hope you fashion bloggers will forgive me?



Merry Christmas, everybody! Only 2 days left!!

41 comments:

Alterations Needed said...

OMG...your National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ornament is the coolest!!!! Best holiday movie EVER.

Kristen said...

You have such cute ornaments! Love the Lucy conveyor belt one. :) Thanks for sharing!

And congratulations on finishing your 30x30! I'd say you finished on a pretty high note, with that glamorous leopard print top & chic scarf. Love it!

Andrea said...

AWESOME ornament collection! My 11 month old has shocked me by being good about the tree, too.

I love your outfit, too. Lovely, all of it :)

Andrea
peanutbutterhandprint.blogspot.com

Chelsea Lane said...

sighhh, I love looking through everyone's ornaments <3 this is such a lovely post ashley! your last 30 for 30 is AMAZINGLY CUTE! happy happy christmas to huds + hubs + YOU my dear!

xoxo

kimmie said...

OMG ashley, you make me feel bad that none of our ornaments have any sentimental value :( They're all from Target and Crate and Barrel, and we only have them because they match. LOL.

I guess our family was never into that kind of stuff, but it's so awesome that you still have all the ornaments from your childhood.

And you're right. Mrs. Claus ain't got nothing on you! :)

kimmie said...

PS. Hudson is just DARLING. I just want to pinch his little cheeks. and those little chubby thighs. My fave!

Cara-Mia said...

I am in love with your ornaments! I love Lucy, too. & I can't believe you have a Gone with the Wind ornament - that is so amazing! Plus, that wreath is such a great idea.

Let's not forget your super cute baby & your lovely outfit. This was just the best post. :)

nicole ...given said...

seriously your eyelashes are AMAZING!

krust said...

You have some seriously AMAZING ornaments. I'm sitting here jaw-dropped jealous. LOVE them!

Shalyn said...

You having both I Love Lucy ornaments AND National Lampoon pretty much makes you the COOLEST lady ever. Love the decorations!

vintch said...

you, my dear, are seriously gorgeous! love it! and oh my goodness that tree. i LOVE how each ornament has a meaning, and they all look so classic and perfect:) all of mine tend to get smushed in the box yearround, and come out looking a hot mess. the care and time you put into yours is breathtaking, and certainly pays off. it looks almost as fabulous as you!

SJ said...

Your ornament collection is awesome! I love the It's a Wonderful Life one. We watch that movie every Christmas, and I cry every time :) Merry Christmas!

Cindy P said...

I love this outfit! I want a leopard print shirt!

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

Love the animal print, your adorable ornaments, and of course, Hudson looks so cute! Merry Christmas, Ashley!

Mr. Claus Ain't Got Nothin' on Me said...

Yet you do it again and again. Another great look for you. Your pictures of our ornaments are great. I love each and everyone of them! I am really proud of the wreath you made. It was really neat how you put all of our vintage ornaments to use.

Merry Christmas and I LOVE YOU!!!

{av} said...

ohmyheavens! Your ornament collection is INCREDIBLE. I'm so envious! Love the Lucy ones especially...great photos of Hudson too. This age is incredible :) my nephew is just learning to appreciate Christmas! Hope you have a fantastic Christmas...and make lots more memories! xoxo {av}

Vulnerable said...

great photographs
i love all your decorations - they are very festive !

keep blogging its great !

lindsay said...

you are right lovely lady...mrs. claus has nothing on you! i ♥ all of your pictures...especially the ornaments that twinkle.

i love that wreath as well...i wish i had ornaments and things like that from mine and matthew's childhood. we moved so much, i think they got lost in the shuffle :(

thank you for sharing all of the beautiful joy in your household ♥ it made me smile big!!!

Kai.Mercado. said...

You are so pretty!! And I am pretty sure Hudson is the cutest little boy in the world...you can just tell in the pictures that he is a sweetheart! Merry Chrstmas!!!!!!

Diana Smith said...

Holy cow that wreath is gorgeous!! I love what you did and all those ornaments are precious! Love your sweater too, you look so good!

Ashley Eliza said...

You are beautiful. i love your style..& i love how unique each ornament is! Merry Christmas pretty girl.

xoxo

The Owl Diary said...

These ornaments are all so pretty. The Charlie Brown one is my favorite. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful Christmas. ♥

Haley K said...

Oh you inspire me to have a more eclectic tree!!! Adam and I really need to start collecting neat ornaments like those :) I adore the "It's A Wonderful Life" ornament, I think it's my favorite. But all of the decor is pErFeCT! And the wreath with your and Will's childhood ornaments is brilliant.

PS - your kiddo rocks the no-pants look ;)
PPS - love, love your leopard shirt

Jeannie said...

I love your outfit, it is so cute. Congratulations on finishing the 30 for 30, you put together some cute things. All these ornaments bring back good memories. Each year we would try to decide which one to get. After much talking and thinking we would decide on one. I'm glad you cherish these and maybe someday Hudson will as well. Hudson's little sweet legs, he is adorable.

Sands said...

Me, I love your adorable ornaments, supercool wreath, your awesome leopard print cardigan, and that SONG! Love her voice!

xo
Sealverland

Amy said...

You look fabulous! And that Rhett and Scarlet ornament, be still my heart!!! Love all of the vintage flair you have amongst your tree and home this season! And once again, your little Hudson is too presh! Loving his adorable little shoes.
Happy Christmas to you darling.

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Great photos!!! I love your ornaments. Such a fun tree!

prettyinpdxstyle said...

Wow, you are officially the ornament MASTER! I love the Gone with the Wind one. If we ever become tree people I suspect we'll have Spiderman and Wolverine hanging from ours. :)

Melanie said...

Love your ornaments and photos! So pretty :) And that top is to die for. Ahh, I really need more leopard print in my life.

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Jennifer said...

I LOOOOVEEE you ornament collection! I had no idea you were such a Lucy fan! Also love the ornament wreath...I've been wanting to make one since I saw the Dec issue of NO'ALA...but that little 11wk old is just too time consuming! HAve a Merry Christmas Bunco Buddy Dear!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Your christmas tree makes me smile! I love all of the ornaments. Personal ornamentss are always the best. My brother has a friend who's family is kind of strange (they have to have everything "perfect" looking) and at their house they have a christmas tree with only black and white bulbs on it. Thats it. Could you imagine? I think I would cry! haha.
But once again, I love your decorations. Happy holidays to you!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

Meri said...

That outfit is really great, and I like how your hair is styled too! Looks like your place is all decked out and ready!

Meri

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Aaaww, all these photos are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Yvette said...

Oh my your christmas decorations are fabolous!

Have a lovely christmas!

xx

www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com

Check out my blog and stay tuned to my daily updates!

thedemuremuse.com said...

you have a wicked collection of ornaments!! i love how each one has a story that is so close and dear to your family. definitely a special touch to your tree.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Ashley!! xo

p.s. i love Hudson's peter pan collared shirt. too cute!

Shannon said...

Your ornaments are fantastic! Hope you had an excellent Christmas =]
And such a lovely outfit: love love love the leopard!!

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I love your classic ornaments, especially the I Love Lucy ones. I have such fond memories of watching reruns of that show with my mom as a kid. I always got such a laugh out of Lucy's antics. I'm laughing just thinking of her stomping the grapes to make wine! I hope you had an excellent Christmas. It's so special to have a child to share it with, it's so easy to get jaded around this time of the year, but the holidays are such a wonderful time! It helps to see everything through a child's eyes.

JMay said...

Ahh, I love your ornaments! So cute!

S and O said...

Awww what a cutie!!
Love your outfit :)
those ornaments are so cool...love it!
Hope you had a great holiday!
xoxo
Olivia

Jill @ TheLadyBoard said...

Aww- I love this!! You all look great!! Love the ornament collection!

Mariel Torres said...

oh my! i LOVE your gone with the wind ornament (definitely my all-time favorite movie)... they are all marvelous!