12.06.2010

Is your house on fire, Clark? No, those are the Christmas lights.


Do not be alarmed. Our house is not burning, nor is my hair. These vividly bright fire-like photos are brought to you courtesy of our Clark Griswald holiday light display. 

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies. And of course, one of the best parts is when well-meaning Clark attempts to light their house up for the holidays. Remember? He hangs up all the lights, gathers the family to unveil his masterpiece, and lo and behold, the lights don't work. Not a single bulb is lit. Poor Clark goes through each strand looking for the missing bulb, only to find none are missing. When the Griswald family finally figures out how to get the lights to function, their glowing house could probably be seen from outer space. 

Our house is definitely not noticeable from the cosmos. But husband did have a Clark Griswald moment with our crazy light strands. What you can't see in these pictures is that the bushes on the other side of the walk are only half lit. It looks pretty silly. But that's what happens when half of last year's lights stop working. And you don't discover that until the other half of the lights are already strung and lit.  

As soon as we get to the store, we'll have a Hallelujah worthy Christmas display.

Until then, just call us the Griswalds. 

17 comments:

Pixie in Pumps said...

haha, how funny. My dad loves that movie. He always watches it around the holidays when it comes on tv.

Brooke said...

aww!! That movie is my absolute favorite!! I love pulling it out every Christmas!! I love your sweater by the way!

Lisa D. said...

Love these photos. Christmas lights make the best backdrop. I have some pretty photos of my cats in the glow of Christmas lights last year. Did you trim your bangs? Your hair looks amazing in these pics. I honestly just had to scroll back up and get another look @ your outfit because all I really caught in my first two looks at this post were your hair and the lights. Haha. I like how your socks bring out the turquoise in your scarf. =)

~Lisa

Della said...

Ha! At least you found your lights, I'm still looking for mine. :)

Umm, I love your pants. They look uber comfy.

Col said...

Love that movie!! I watch it every year. Also glad Hudson is ok...I saw in your last post the poor little guy was sick :(

Laura said...

Best Christmas movie EVER! I'm sad we don't get to decorate our place this year since we'll be away for so long, but it is ON once I get to my parents' house! lights galore!

www.adventuresindressingmyself.blogspot.com

Shalyn said...

LOVE Christmas lights and those photos are gorgeous!

Sands said...

Oh, I love the decorations!! Haha, and you do look funny in that last photo where it looks like you have a firey hair! Lovely makeup, as always :)

xo
Sands

Linley said...

you look effortlessly comfy, casual, and fashionable all in one! that's talent, my AL friend! love love love Christmas Vacation too - so for sure on the movie level we'd be besties!

lindsay said...

hello ashley!!!! so nice to meet you :) your corner of the world is all kinds of lovely and i'm so happy that i stopped by!

you and your family are so lovely and i adore these fun pictures you have posted here. lights are my favorite part of christmas (as well as the snow)!

so excited to get to know you and explore your space even more!

xoxo

Alessandra said...

Hee hee!

To be a total cheeseball, I would've thought you were the one on fire. Your outfit is so gorgeous, casual but chic. Love it.

Roadrunner said...

Those photos are amazing! :)

Linz said...

Love the outfit and the pics, too cool! Also love Christmas Vacation!! It's the only Christmas movie my husband will watch, haha.

By the way, I tagged you on my blog...

michelle_ said...

hi there.. im new to your blog and i love reading through it !
great pictures too :)


glisters and blisters

Haley K said...

okay, that movie is officially on my LIST...can't wait to watch it with the hubs!

And i am LOVING your turquoise socks with those gorgeous gray suede boots!

Clark A.K.A. Will said...

I will get the rest of the lights up tonight. Oh, It was not the lights putting off that great amount of light, It was all thoughts rays of beauty coming off of you. You can brighten up any place! LOVE YOU

Jeannie said...

What fun pictures with the lights as a backdrop. Your outfit looks cute and I like your hair. Hope Hudson is doing well today.