12.20.2010

Inspired Style- Put Me In Coach!

Before I introduce this new blog style segment that I thought up over the weekend, I want to share a few words of thanks to some of my fabulous fellow bloggers. This past week was full of little happies that made me smile, thanks to a few great girls that I connected with through this wonderful world blogosphere! 

First of all, on Thursday I received TWO lovely packages in the mail! One contained a uniquely cute hand sewn doll that was the result of my very first giveaway win...thanks to Rachel at Hi Happy Panda. She created the most precious, soft matryoshka from felt wool and embroidery floss, that I knew would look so very pretty sitting on our den bookshelf. 



Apparently, Hudson had different plans for our tiny doll. He loves her very much, and has been carrying her around since she arrived. He loves talking to her, and admiring her...saying "Ooooh. Pretty."

The other parcel that showed up in my mailbox contained the cutest little surprise from my new friend Kimmie from Blue Paper Lanterns. She had recently attended an event sponsored by Hudson Jeans, and had received a silver "Hudson" keychain...which she thought would be perfect for me! I'm so grateful to her for thinking of me, and sending me my new favorite keychain (accompanied by a sweet little note) from all the way across the country! Please be sure to check out her cute blog....she has awesome style!


Along with these great little gifts, I received some fabulous kudos from a couple of fellow fashion bloggers....Kimmie, that I mentioned above, rewarded me with my very first blog award, and a great one at that: The Stylish Blogger Award! I was seriously flattered! Especially since the lovely Kimmie has such great style, herself! Another new blog friend, Chelsea from Maritime Shopaholic chose me as one of her top ten favorite 30 for 30 Remixers! I'm definitely in some great company on that list, and I'm so excited that she called me a favorite! Like Kimmie, she definitely has some killer fashion sense! 


Since about a month ago, when I started the 30 for 30 Challenge, I have received so much awesome feedback from this amazing blogging community. You have all made me feel so confidant about sharing my outfits with the world....even though some days I've felt more camera shy and awkward than comfortable. To be called stylish is always a great honor, so thank you all! Now, I am happy to pass on some happiness, by bestowing the wonderful Stylish Blogger Award upon 3 of my favorite fashionable ladies:

Katrina at The Demure Muse
Sands at Sealverland

Please check out these three. They all have such different takes on fashion, each uniquely fabulous!

NOW, without further ado, I present my new blog segment: Inspired Style. I'm one of those people that keeps magazine clippings for inspiration. I bookmark webpages that motivate me. I am constantly on the lookout for images that speak to me on some level. Starting now, I am going to share my inspiration and the result of my imitation.


This image comes via the January issue of Glamour Magazine. I'm loving 70's style flares this season, and when I saw them paired with that retro track jacket I couldn't help but swoon. My take on this look includes dark denim flares {via Free People}, a wool blend letterman style jacket, and neutral suede open toe wedges {via Barney's NYC} with gray socks. It was a perfectly easy outfit, and definitely one I can't wait to repeat!


How do you feel about Inspired Style as a recurring blog segment? Good idea? Or not so much? Let me know, folks! 

26 comments:

kimmie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got the keychain intact. LOL. Now everyone in the blogsophere will see how ugly my handwriting is. hahah!

Anyway, glad you like it. I'm totally loving the flares with the track jacket. and YES, please keep Inspired Style coming. I love seeing the inspiration behind people's outfits! :)

Kristen said...

Kimmie is such a sweetheart for sending you that keychain! So thoughtful.

And Hudson with that doll..."Ohooh. Pretty." So sweet!

You look great in that varsity jacket - so cute! I would definitely say you achieved the look. :)

Michelle said...

Hudson is seriously too cute! That's adorable that he loves the doll so much.

And you look gorgeous!!!!

Diana Smith said...

Gosh you are soooo pretty!! That is so nice of Kimmie to send you that keychain! Its perfect for you! I love when I get little surprises in the mail, makes me feel special!

Megan said...

What a great idea! I think you have captured it perfectly.

Ollie Things Beautiful said...

How sweet of her. Your outfit is identical! The platforms give it that "fun stylish" look :) xx

thedemuremuse.com said...

1. Kimmie has amazingly NEAT writing. Not too sure why she thinks it's messy! haha

2. AHH! Thank you so much for the award! You definitely made my week (and i realize it's only monday!!)

3. you're working that outfit way better than the girl in Glamour. You look so smiley and happy to be out and about, whereas she looks... not so happy.

Lisa D. said...

I really like this segment! I was thinking about doing something similar for my next outfit post because it was inspired by an outfit I saw on TV last week. I could definitely see this as a successful recurring segment -- can't wait to see the next one!! :)

~Lisa

Best Foot Forward said...

What a great idea for a feature! I'm constantly clipping magazines or adding to an inspiration file on my computer too. You rocked your first look, that's for sure! Can't wait to see more of this feature in the future!

SJ said...

Cute outfit! And I love the new feature. Can't wait to see more!

Jeannie said...

Everytime I see one of my Christmas tress I think of Hudson, "Ooooh Pretty". We enjoyed having you three this weekend. Hudson is a little doll and he has already made this Christmas so special. I love this blog and outfit. I love the fourth picture, beautiful smile. That was so sweet of Kimmie.

Vic said...

what great gifts....and love the coat....nice! enjoy the week! xoxo

Brooke said...

amazing gifts! and oh my gosh I really like this segment!! It can help me do look for inspiration and dress like that. Keep doing it you look great!

On the outside of the blogosphere said...

Keep it up Swoop. You have been so happy in your blogosphere. LOVE YOU!

Natasha said...

Thank you for passing on the award!
I love this new segment on your blog...the funny thing is I've been wanting to do something similar...and my thought was to do one specific day a week to do a copy cat look of something from a magazine, or a celebrity, or even another blogger...but I was going through my inspiration photos, and realized I only had the right clothes to do 3 outfits (out of the winter ones anyways)..haha...so I guess that's a no go for me....but I LOVE that you are doing this!

Sands said...

First of all, that doll is precious!!! And Hudson playing with it, just priceless. And the doll makes... four! :P And that Hudson keychain is so perfect for you! How nice of Kimmie!

Secondly, I love the new blog segment! I keep magazine cutouts in my little notebook for inspiration on days I feel like I don't want to get out of pjs. It's such a good idea, seriously! And I love your outfit, you rockkkk those flare jeans ;)

And last but not least: THANK YOU!!!! Ah, I'm so flattered. You have no idea how big I'm smiling now, hehe!

xo
Sealverland

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Hudson is too cute. Great idea.

theputtogethergirl said...

I love your magazine to real life translation! You look fabulous!

Cara-Mia said...

Omg I love this new feature! & what a great week you've been having. :D

Shalyn said...

Congrats on your awards:-) Well deserved, lady! And yes, new segment must stay!

Andrea said...

That jacket just makes my heart smile! Love.

kelsey said...

i love the outfit that gave you inspiration! so cute!!

Candice said...

You are so beautiful! I love your outfit posts so much, and this one is no exception! :) Totally adorable!
Merry Christmas!!

Kai.Mercado. said...

I saw this in the magazine and so glad you decided to recreate it! I just bought a pair of trouser jeans!

Love love love your blog!

p.s. my puppy's name is Hudson! I loooove the name!

Kai.Mercado. said...

OMG I just saw the keychain...I bought a pair of Hudson jeans and I got this! How perfect!

Angeline said...

So. Cute. All of it. I like the inspired style! I get ideas from magazines all the time...love seeing others do the same!