11.05.2010

Words from Dad- An End of an Era

Hudson,

Baseball is not only an American pastime, it's also one of my favorite sports. I can’t wait for the day when you step up to the plate for the first time. I can't wait to see you all decked out in your team's uniform. I can’t wait to have a Father-Son meal after your practices, where we will sit outside in the evening sunlight, chatting and going over all of the things you learned. I can’t wait for the days when I get home from work and you are ready to pitch the ball back and forth. I have fond memories of doing these things with your grandfather Greg as I was growing up. Baseball will most likely provide an excellent way for the two of us to build a strong bond. Although, I do hope that your athletic skills are much better than mine!

As we build your love for baseball, you will probably look forward to going to your first Major League Baseball game. Since I was a young boy, I have cheered on the Atlanta Braves, and have enjoyed visiting Atlanta to watch many games throughout my life. This past season, the Braves' best pitcher was named Tim Hudson...your mom and I have talked alot about getting you a #15 jersey....it would be pretty special, because it would have HUDSON on the back!

I only wish that you could have been big enough to go to a game to see one of the greatest coaches in the history of baseball....the Braves' own Coach Bobby Cox. He retired this season, just after the team played their last playoff game, losing to the San Francisco Giants who went on to win the 2010 World Series. But don't worry, there is plenty of time for us to make our way over to Atlanta to watch a game. There is plenty more ball to be played. I can't wait for that day. We have lots to look forward to.

I love you,
Dad


{little baseball baby....1 1/2 months old}


{Hudson's 1st baseball game.....Chattanooga Lookouts vs. Huntsville Stars, 11 months old}



{Goodbye from a Legendary Coach}

No comments: