11.04.2010

What am I thinking?


I'm going to attempt to do something quite gutsy....that involves NO SHOPPING for 30 days. Eeeek!

There's a popular trend floating around the blogoshpere....where ladies of all types show off their own particular style, documenting what they wear daily, whether it be to work, to the grocery store, or even to the election polls.  A lot of my favorite blogs are written by independent fashion bloggers, and one of the best of them all is Kendi from Kendi Everyday. Well, this week she posed a challenge, open to anyone willing to participate, called 30 for 30. To sum it up, you take 30 items from your closet and remix those items to create 30 different outfits, which you showcase on your blog for 30 days. It is forbidden to add new items to your wardrobe during these thirty days.

It's really hard for me to turn down a challenge. So I'm going to do it. Don't worry, 30 for 30 will not take away from my original purpose of blogging....showcasing the wonderful life our little family of three. I like to think that it will just enhance the blog. And what better time than now to focus on saving money and working with what you've already got? With the Holidays approaching, I will be happy to save the money that would have been spent on adding new items to my closet. And with the money saved, Will & I can provide a wonderful Christmas for our little sweet pea! It's a win/win situation!

But, I won't lie, I'm pretty nervous about accepting this task. I hope I can come up with 30 unique, and cute, outfits. I hope I won't get discouraged. And I hope that I have fun doing 30 for 30. As I have been researching what others have been doing in the fashion blogging world, I have decided to strive to have my own little niche. Let's face it, I'm not that inventive or crazily creative. I'm not that young or spunky. I'm not really edgy or daring. But I am a normal 28 year old woman, who is a new mom that still likes wear cute things. So that's it. I found my niche....Fashion for the New Mom! Because although you're a mom whose life definitely isn't always glamorous, you can create your own fabulousness in your life. It's important to do something you love, whether it be through blogging about fun & fashionable wardrobe, or through some other creative outlet that you believe in.

So with that, how many of my blogger friends want to accompany me in taking the 30 for 30 challenge? If so, be sure to read about signing up to be on the link list here.