11.17.2010

Today is a good day.

 
Today is a good day. It stopped raining and the beautiful sun is bright and shiny. (There's not a cloud in the sky.) I didn't have to take my own photos, because my sweet husband did it for me. (Reunited & it feels so good!) Hudson has been a happy happy happy little man today. (All smiles from the moment he woke up this morning.) We went on a shopping trip to Target for groceries and diapers, but stopped by the holiday decorations just to enjoy them. (It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...in the stores at least!) I got a fun new houseplant that looks like a tiny little pine tree. (It's festive and perfect for the season!)

Today is a very good day. I hope all you remixers are having a good day, too!

*Do you like my "H" necklace? It's vintage, made from a letterpress H and old telephone wire. I was at an art festival shopping just before Hudson was born and among all of the beautiful vintage jewelry, this necklace just jumped right out at me....it was hung on a vintage photograph of a boy with the saying: "H is for heart. Where it dwells is the key to happiness." H is for Hudson, my heart, and he indeed is the key to happiness for me. :)


{my favorite photographer!}

15 comments:

Michelle said...

You look so great! That top is gorgeous.

Ollie Things Beautiful said...

Love the necklace! I want something with an "O" :) those shoes are so cute!

Melanie said...

You are so cute. I'm glad you're having a great day! Today is my Friday, so it doesn't get much better than that! Your necklace is wonderful. Almost as wonderful as the story behind it :)

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Linley said...

love your vintage necklace! and i love the explanation of the H and it's translation to your life. perfect. and sweet.

Elisabeth said...

Are those sequins on your top? I love the way this look is casual yet glam.

Linda W said...

It is so nice to read such a happy post! I'm glad you had a wonderful day! And yes, love the necklace and your thoughts behind it.

The Auspicious Life

archives said...

that necklace is adorable! :)

Virginie said...

Having the whole family reunited is the best :)

Lisa D. said...

These pictures are fun - you definitely look like you're having a good day! Your 'H' necklace is very cool. :)

Bethany said...

That is the coolest necklace and the neatest story. You look so cute, too. :)

Destined For Now said...

Gorgeous blouse! I absolutely love these pictures...good photographer.

Cara-Mia said...

Oh wow, you're so gorgeous! Love your necklace, too. <3

Tanya Turi said...

These photos are beautiful Ashley! I love the ones on the stairs.

This is a perfectly layered remix - right down to socks! :)

The H necklace is the perfect special touch!
Thank you for your birthday wishes. xx

kelsey said...

i LOVE that necklace! seriously so cute and perfect. and i'm digging your layered tops!

theputtogethergirl said...

Awesome outfit! I've been looking for a sequin top just like your forever! So beautiful!