11.22.2010

Thinking about Thanksgiving




Can you believe Thanksgiving comes this week?! So begins the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. And although it's easy to get lost in the menu planning, football watching, and sale shopping, starting today, I am going to begin thinking about Thanksgiving. I'm going to focus on giving thanks for the many blessings I have received. While it's nice to have a holiday totally dedicated to being thankful, there's no reason to wait until then to think about all the things in your life that you're grateful for. In fact, wouldn't it be nice to consciously work on giving thanks every day of the year?

As the official day of Thanksgiving approaches and we mentally, physically, and emotionally prepare ourselves for the grandest meal of the year, I'm going to be looking forward to Thanksgiving in a different way...for me, this year Thanksgiving is simply going to serve as a reminder that giving thanks is something that I should be doing every day, especially in a world where you can't take anything for granted.

Today I am thankful for my family. My sweet husband who would do anything to make me smile. My mom* who has always been my biggest fan & best friend. My dad who is always there for me. My in-laws who have made me feel like family since the day I met them. And most of all, the newest addition to my family, my sweet little Hudson who is the absolute best thing in my life. I have so much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving Week, everybody! What are you thankful for?

*speaking of my Mom....she's always on the lookout for cute things for me, and last year she surprised me with the fabulous necklace I'm wearing in today's pictures. She had it made especially for me. What an awesome mother I have, huh?

14 comments:

thedemuremuse.com said...

i love this outfit! you styled the dress shirt so well with the skinnies and the grey booties.

i hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving week. Sadly, the Canadians already celebrated Thanksgiving last month. ;)

Abbie said...

I love your cute hat & grey booties! Such a casual & cool outfit!

Kayla said...

You look so cute in those faded black skinnies!

Sierra said...

Very stylish outfit, Ashley! I love the Chambray top.

This post is so beautiful & well written...I am thankful for my health & my family

Will said...

Swoop, This is such a great post. Let me start by saying Thank You. You have brought so much joy to my life. Each day that I get up before you, I do look over at you and count my blessings. Now we have added little Hudson and what a awesome gift he is. He has added so much to our family. I am thankful for our entire family with all our little adventures and the ones that are yet to come. I LOVE YOU!

S + Y said...

Awww, I love this laid back casual look! And that supercute hat to top it off! And your Hot Child necklace is priceless, I love it!!

xo
Sands

Linda W said...

Those booties are adorable and look comfortable to boot! I love that you shared what you are thankful for. Beautiful post.

The Auspicious Life

Kate M. said...

This sweet post is great! We have so much to be thankful for!

Not only do I love your outfit...that purse is amazing!!

Jeannie said...

Ashley, good post. We do have a lot to be thankful for. I am, among many things, thankful for our family. You, Will and Hudson bring so much joy to our lives. I love you all so much and hope that you and I will always stay close.

Elisabeth said...

LOOK AT YOUR NECKLACE! Love!

Linley said...

no. i cannot believe it is the week of thanksgiving. unbelievable!!

you look great today, as always! love the laid-back look!

Erin said...

I can't believe how fast time is going by and that Thanksgiving is already this week. I've got a lot to be thankful for. Especially my husband, who has really helped me out this past month with so much.

This is another great outfit. I love those booties. I need them in my life.

~Chelsea said...

I really like this outfit- very casual cool! And I adore your necklace! It reminds me of a necklace I've been thinking of getting... http://www.survivalofthehippest.com/


http://www.maritimeshopaholic.com

Linz said...

You (and your mom) have great taste! Love the outfit and the accessories!

You look like a modern Hollywood glam wife from the 40s...not sure if that translated well but it's definitely meant as a compliment!