11.11.2010

SANTA! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!




Today was a big day. Not only is it Veteran's Day, which is special for all of us as Americans (have you thanked a Veteran today?), but today something else big happened. Today we visited Santa. You know, the big jolly guy from the North Pole? He made a special stop here in Alabama, at our favorite little children's boutique, just down the street from us. Today, Hudson met Old St. Nick for the very first time.

Santa was sweet and happy and oh so festive! I was a bit worried about how Hudson would feel about sitting in a strange bearded man's lap, but my surprise he did just fine. Sure, it took him a couple minutes to warm up to him, but once he did, he had no problem snuggling up to him....and even digging in his little sack of candy.

Today was a fun day. And I felt great about my outfit*...like Santa Claus, I was pretty festive, too.

And if I wasn't already in enough of a holiday mood, I definitely am ready for Christmas, now.....

"I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands." -Buddy the Elf

*So if any of you noticed, I did trade out the tall black boots I had originally included in the 30 items for these little black booties. I hadn't worn the tall boots yet, so it's a fair trade, right?

AND here's a sneak peek of our visit with Santa....more to come soon!


19 comments:

S + Y said...

Aww, what a happy day! And a happy outfit to go with it! Love the stripes and polka dots! And that blazer is fab!

xo
Sands

austingastronomist.com said...

What fun poses today! I like the one best where you've just spun round since it really shows of the skirt.

Will said...

What a fun day indeed. The little man getting to meet grand ole Saint Nick for the very first time. Getting to take off much of the afternoon to spend time with GREAT FAMILY!

And once again another great outfit and you are beautiful!!!

Linda said...

Cute! I can't believe Santa was here already!
(I was thinking of swapping something out that I haven't worn yet...so I won't tell on you)

The Auspicious Life

Pixie in Pumps said...

that is an amazing necklace!

Eva said...

Get your pose on, girl! Those leggings are so fun!

Linley said...

i LOVE the movie Elf! one of my fav. christmas movies for sure! and i love Santa! (:

super cute outfit today! love the top with your bright lipstick!!

Natasha said...

Oh my I can't believe it's that time of year already!!!
You're outfit is sooo fun today too..I wouldn't be brave enough to pull it off...but you totally do!

Desiree said...

I love that you have a big girl tutu! Also, completely random, but you have amazing eyebrows.

Do you have "The Polar Express" for your little man? My daughter was awesome with Santa for her first year but the second year, not so much. The biggest thing that got her to adore the jolly man was that movie. She absolutely loves it and will sit and watch the WHOLE thing (which is a pretty big thing for a then two year old). I have to admit, I love it also.

Angela C. said...

You are so cute! I would never have the guts to wear something that fun & flirty!

Elisabeth said...

i looooove your red lips. and necklace!

archives said...

wow, santa already?! oh wait...i bought xmas ornaments yesterday and a fresh pine plant today. YAY!!! christmas!!!! :D

theputtogethergirl said...

I love your shots today! Such a fun outfit!

Alessandra said...

so cute and festive. love how you mixed up patterns and textures.

tiffany said...

I adore those boots!! Great pics by the way!

kelsey said...

how precious is that photo!

your outfit is cute--love the necklace!

Erin said...

The outfit is so festive and appropriate for bringing the little guy to see Santa! I love that skirt!

Ollie Things Beautiful said...

That last photo is such a Kodak moment! too cute!! love the outfit!

Jeannie said...

My beautiful Ashley!! What a cute outfit, but they are all cute. I have always loved shopping with you because I love your style. What about the little guy, how cute is he with Santa.