11.10.2010

One Woman Show


I learned a few things during the making of today's post:

a) I feel really dumb when I try to take my own photos. (get ready, hubby. tommorow your back to your second job of chief photographer.)

b) It's hard to feel creative when you're not really diggin' your outfit. (or maybe it was just the fact that I couldn't really do anything very action-oriented while trying to wade through a mountain of leaves on uneven ground while wearing 4 inch heels.)

c) It's important that when you are posing for self-taken pictures you pause and check out what you have after every few photos.  (otherwise, after being bombarded with a spontaneous windstorm of leaves, you could end up with a huge red leaf poking out of your hair, straight-up indian feather style, for the remainder of the shots. And that looks really stupid when you're trying to be stylish.)

I hope I feel more inspired tomorrow. Surely I've not already met my 30 for 30 potential, four outfits in.

Have you checked out any of the other awesome chicks that are participating in the challenge? If not, you should....



16 comments:

Linley said...

I've been taking all my pictures and I think I would feel awkward with the hubby shooting pictures. That's funny.

I definitely like the girly floral with the edgy jacket!

linley.

Hubby A.K.A. Will said...

Well Swoop, It looks like to me you have put together another great outfit. I do wonder what you are looking at in the top 2 pictures. I would also like for you to know that I do enjoy taking your picture. Its fun seeing just how much fun you are having with this.

Elizabeth at Law Mama said...

Self portraits are tricky! I can't wait till the weekend when I can get my hubby to photograph me.

Also--you look great! I love the floral + edgy jacket + flared pants. Super cute. One more also: I love your eye make up. Very pretty. I feel like I should try putting mascara on the bottom lashes more often.

Erin said...

I like that floral top with the leather jacket! I attempted to do my own pics this am, no such luck. I also second Elizabeth's comment about your eyes, your make up is killer.

Eva said...

What a fun top! I like the bright colors & love the purple jacket!

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

I love your top- it's so fun!

S + Y said...

Oh, but the pics turned out great!! I really love what you did with your makeup today! Simply stunning! ;)

xo
Sands

archives said...

hehe! yes, i snap a few, check to see what i've got, snap a few more...otherwise you end up with a load of useless photos! would never know you had trouble..cute pics! :)

Melanie said...

Lol! I've totally been there. I actually really like your outfit.The floral and (p?)leather combo is very modern and totally cool. Anyway, you look lovely! Please tell me your eyelashes are fake...

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Jeannie said...

Ashley I love the leather jacket with this top. You always know just the right pieces to put together. Cute, cute! Where was the little guy?

Cara said...

I have that same exact leather jacket! BeBe, right? Looks great with that girly top!

Jenni said...

Yeah, I've been feeling super awkward too. Oh well ... it's in the name of style! Ha.

Your eyes look BEAUTIFUL in that third pic.

Linda said...

You don't look uninspired. You look great!

The Auspicious Life

Col said...

I love the colors in the blouse and My god! Your eyes are beautiful!

Katie said...

Aww! I think this looks lovely! I love the mix of pretty floral with tough leather. :)

kelsey said...

you have such a cute website! such an adorable family you have created also :)